Thread: Please change the Rustic bouquet recipe/make them more scarce

Please change the Rustic bouquet recipe/make them more scarce

I think most of us are a bit tired of the newspaper being filled with rustic bouquets that don't sell. The newspaper is such a fabulous idea and addition that it's a shame it's so filled with rubbish like this. It gets to the point where 50% plus of the ad's are these bouquets.

Hay day is usually so well balanced with resources and recipes and this seems a problem contained to the rustic bouquet right now. Perhaps a change to make the recipe more expensive (eg. double the amount of cotton from 3 to 6) or an increased demand for this item in boats, town, trucks etc. would discourage people stockpiling them and putting them on sale for quick cash which clogs up allllll the adverts.

Thanks for the great game!
    Last edited by GallifreyFalls; 4 Weeks Ago at 02:04 PM. Reason: got recipe wrong

somewhere in the system someone just has to change a number to increase the bouquet demand by 5% (truck/boat/town/whatever) and problem solved. For some reason though, SC feels it's working as intended.

I have heard if an item you advertise doesn't sell it will be in the Daily Dirt for 4 hours. Thus if you need help on your farm finishing boat crates, filling truck orders, or serving your townies you can reach more farmers that may be able to help you BECAUSE the rustic bouquets you placed an ad for didn't sell. A whole different strategy concerning the Rustic Bouquets and advertising in the DD has become known. Very interesting, wouldn't you agree?

P.S. I do agree that it is annoying to see page after page of Rustic Bouquets for sale in the DD, btw.
    Last edited by smilingdawn; 4 Weeks Ago at 04:33 AM.

It's ridiculous! A game about resource management has to be well balanced or it all falls apart, hence the problem here

Quote Originally Posted by smilingdawn View Post
    I have heard if an item you advertise doesn't sell it will be in the Daily Dirt for 4 hours. Thus if you need help on your farm finishing boat crates, filling truck orders, or serving your townies you can reach more farmers that may be able to help you BECAUSE the rustic bouquets you placed an ad for didn't sell. A whole different strategy concerning the Rustic Bouquets and advertising in the DD has become known. Very interesting, wouldn't you agree?

P.S. I do agree that it is annoying to see page after page of Rustic Bouquets for sale in the DD, btw.
    I don't think this strategy would go away if the rustic bouquet problem was fixed. There are plenty of items that don't sell well that could be up for 4 hours, advertising your farm to the world. such as chilli popcorn, tofu dogs, indigo, woolly chaps etc. None of these item come close to the overwhelming amount of rustic bouquets. And to be honest I think part of the great challenge of Hay Day is trying to fill your requests yourself when your neighbourhood members and people who visit via the newspaper can't help you.

It's a very interesting point though!

Fresh Spawn

Change Rustic bouquets

I'm in agreement with changing the bouquets demand, all I ever see is those darn things, they are terriable to sell!!!
    I love the magazine, but my arm and wrists really start hurting due to me flipping through and it's a never ending rustic bouquets, I have to get rid of mine for a penny, no one wants them or the red hats!
    Can you increase the towns people demand for these items that may help.
    I disagree that it's working, it's just clogging up the paper and doesnt help anyone.
    Reconsider.
    Thanks
    Amy

Quote Originally Posted by Benjamin9632 View Post
    somewhere in the system someone just has to change a number to increase the bouquet demand by 5% (truck/boat/town/whatever) and problem solved. For some reason though, SC feels it's working as intended.

When I first started hayday, many moons ago, it was bacon and eggs. The team has always balanced things, but they cannot predict what the users are going to do. The rustic bouquets are the easiest item to get mastery on that machine, so they are the meta.

i miss the days of shopping for popcorn, bread, milk, eggs, etc when a hoodie needed a boat filled

if it is not rustic bouquets, it is something else. Cloche hats, woolly chaps, etc.
    Last edited by WussyPuss; 3 Weeks Ago at 06:09 AM.
    Farm 140
    CoC TH11 BhB9 AQ 50 BK 50 GW 20
    established level 17 clan seeking willing warriors, donators and clan games enthusiasts

Need a Siege Machine/Donate a Siege Machine...

I agree, but the cloche hat/bacon and eggs/wooly chaps problems are tiny compared to the overwhelming rustic bouquet problem. Yes there will always be problems to try to balance and it's not always possible but come on, this NEEDS to be fixed, or at least demand for them should be increased to manage the problem at least slightly

Fresh Spawn
    I agree, ridiculous amount of rustic bouquet’s for sale constantly!!