Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Miner in need of a buff / golem still useless for TH12s

  1. #1
    Centennial Club
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    113

    Miner in need of a buff / golem still useless for TH12s

    Miner has almost completely lost its mojo, I have been observing this for a while and the only viable miner army (QW+Miner) is being used and see less and less everyday, in the CWL just finished few days back we did not execute and did not see a SINGLE miner attack...there are much better army options now that miners have almost completely been isolated and ignored.... I think miner definitely needs some sort of buff either increase in attack/dig speed or increased HP...


    Also wanted to see how everyone feeling about golem after the last update? Honestly, I haven't seen a single golem in the attacks in our regular wars or CWL.... regardless of the previous "buff" it seems like it still has zero utility for TH12s... perhaps time for the developers to give it another thought
    Fully maxed TH12, 65/65/40

  2. #2
    Pro Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    551
    There are several mechanics about th12 that make golem impossible to balance. The strength of the warden’s aura makes it far more effective to opt for multiple smaller dps troops than tank troops. He adds so many hit points to an army and can protect them when they are most vulnerable. Second, the map is far too big to allocate so much housing space for a troop that can’t tank long enough to survive the raid. Third, it’s far more efficient to protect troops with healers than golems.

    Golem cannot be buffed to a point of usefulness without making it incredibly OP with the current th12 mechanics. I still believe that eliminating queen walk and giving the golem 10k hp like it needs while also being capable of smashing through walls will be better for the overall health of the game.

    There was a recent thread where a few players expressed concerns over how the developers balance the game with a slant toward e-sports. I believe that th12 will always be too difficult for common players so it’s not too easy for the best players in the world.

  3. #3
    Senior Member KannonFodder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    South Carolina, USA
    Posts
    321
    So I'm in T1, fighting other strong / max TH12s. The average from my attack log is about an 85% 2 star, good number of 3 stars in there. I use 3 golems in my army. While I realize this is a somewhat subjective thing.. golems work great for me.
    Level 209 - TH12 - 2 bil GG - 2 bil EE - 10.75 mil HH - 253 lvl 13 walls - 47 lvl 12 walls

  4. #4
    Forum Elder RagnarFurias's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    2,519
    Yeah, game needs a round of balancing to change things up. I'd like to see more valk attacks too...
    Nothing here stays the same forever. You must learn to change as the game changes, or clash will force you one way or another.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaronjs View Post
    There are several mechanics about th12 that make golem impossible to balance. The strength of the warden’s aura makes it far more effective to opt for multiple smaller dps troops than tank troops. He adds so many hit points to an army and can protect them when they are most vulnerable. Second, the map is far too big to allocate so much housing space for a troop that can’t tank long enough to survive the raid. Third, it’s far more efficient to protect troops with healers than golems.

    Golem cannot be buffed to a point of usefulness without making it incredibly OP with the current th12 mechanics. I still believe that eliminating queen walk and giving the golem 10k hp like it needs while also being capable of smashing through walls will be better for the overall health of the game.

    There was a recent thread where a few players expressed concerns over how the developers balance the game with a slant toward e-sports. I believe that th12 will always be too difficult for common players so it’s not too easy for the best players in the world.
    One potential idea I have heard is to make the golem have high damage against walls. That could buff it enough to make it useful without making it OP.

    Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. Click here for answer on how cc troops deploy (hint, it depends) and more info here. I'm still thinking starting the "new" legends at Legends2 at 5500 and having Legends3 be for 5000-5499 would be good (with season resets to 5000 and 5500 depending on your trophies at season end) but overall I LOVE the Legends change. Thanks SC.

  6. #6
    Australian Independence
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    1,901
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaronjs View Post
    ...the map is far too big to allocate so much housing space for a troop that can’t tank long enough to survive the raid...
    It doesn't have to survive.

    Part of a tank's functionality is to protect other troops; to take the punishment whilst more vulnerable troops do their damage. I send a golem ahead of my wrecker to make sure it gets to the TH. I don't care if it survives, but it often does.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by KannonFodder View Post
    So I'm in T1, fighting other strong / max TH12s. The average from my attack log is about an 85% 2 star, good number of 3 stars in there. I use 3 golems in my army. While I realize this is a somewhat subjective thing.. golems work great for me.
    Not making light of you or your attack, but you need to try ledgends. I thought it would be a cake walk and found out how wrong i was. My base i had, that never got 3 stared in war, was 3 stared once a day. My great attack, well it had it's limitations too.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    One potential idea I have heard is to make the golem have high damage against walls. That could buff it enough to make it useful without making it OP.
    Im a near max TH9 and I use GoWiPe or GoHoWiPe a lot when my AQ is upgrading, otherwise I use QW + LaLoon. THIS IS A FANTASTIC IDEA!!!!!!!! So many times my raids fail because the golems and/or pekkas cant punch through the next set of walls after the jump spell. And we/I'm not even suggesting a huge buff, maybe a 30% increase in damage versus walls.

    (sorry I have nothing to say about TH12 and miners, my reply is sort of off-topic)
    Last edited by HxcRobb; 1 Day Ago at 06:53 AM.

  9. #9
    What are golems?

    J/K. Seriously, I struggled the last time they were part of the seasonal challenges. They are 1 step above useless.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •