Thread: Make option to change button color so amoled screens don't suffer burn it

The Meaning of Life, The Universe, and Everything

Make option to change button color so amoled screens don't suffer burn it

I have a Samsung s8. With a nice amoled screen. After playing Hay Day for way too many hours in the last three months. I recently noticed the ui buttons got burned into my screen.

If you could make an option to make those buttons much less bright that would be awesome and would save my phone and anyone's phone/device that has a nice amoled screen and that plays hay day for hours a day like I do.

For some reason, the news button burns the screen the most. I think because it's the brightest.

I did some research to be sure it's not just me. There are people here in forumns talking about it, also reddit, and other internet forumns.

Please don't dismiss this issue as "it's just you". 10 minutes of internet search will easily show that screen burn in is a thing for amoled screens if a stationary bright image is on the screen for hours. And newer phones haven't solved this. The problem continues.

I'm not blaiming hay day. Just giving a nice feature suggestion that would help us nutzy gamers to not damage our expensive devices.

Thanks

Turn the phone upside down every few hours.

The Meaning of Life, The Universe, and Everything
    Thanks. I've started doing that. The button in the lower right is almost like the upper left.

Man this is really a downer. Now that I see the burned in buttons, I have been dimming my phone, opening the neighborhood chat to not have the buttons there, and jumping out of hay day as quick as I can.

Well I guess the good side for me, I can start curbing my hay day addiction. maybe 😶