Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: I wish I had never tried super cell ID

1.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #11
    Quote Originally Posted by meonhoc View Post
    I haven't got into any SC ID yet, despite having multiple Clash and multiple Hay Day account. I don't feel I am well informed enough to made this irreversible decision and I can't help but avoid unnecessary risk (if something doesn't break, don't change it). I would be delighted if any of you can convince me.
    Reading the Clash side about SC ID, I kind of figure something out but still not enough for me.

Lynnk? What do you mean by unlink from Google Play, how did you do it?

Momscar, any other mean to save farm progress are still good: Game Center, Facebook and Google Play Games.
    Like many players, I don't always feel as though I am very "tech savvy" and I was nervous of moving to Supercell ID.

When I did, it was so helpful. At the time of the move I had four farms (as well as a Boom Beach account, and a Clash one). I had four devices, each of which had one farm. One of those devices also had the BB and CoC accounts. Two of the devices were good-quality tablets; the third was an older tablet that didn't function well, and the fourth was a first-generation Kindle fire (the graphics were very poor on that). My phone also had access to my main farm, but none of the others.

Nowadays the two older devices have retired. I now play all SIX (yes, really!) farms on my two good tablets. I often work on one, but it's really helpful to use two when transferring items between farms.

Switching is effortless, and I'm never in a position where I can't access a farm because the device isn't charged. On top of that, I don't have to carry several devices around (the older ones are comparatively heavy).

I love SCID!

Hay Day level 179 (main farm) - I have several others
    Boom Beach experience level 51

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by LynnK2015 View Post
    Fascinating. There are some players who linked their farms to SCID only and other farms to Google Play only? May I ask what are the benefits to this arrangement? It would cause me unnecessary confusion so I unlinked both of my farms to Google Play and then linked them to SCID. It takes me about 5 seconds or less to switch between farms.

---
    Lynn
    October 12, 2019
    Cause without Supercell ID we had 3 options to login to our farm (GameCenter, Facebook, GooglePlay) and with Supercell ID there is only 1 option Supercell ID.

If you lost access to your email used for Supecell ID, good luck accessing your farm. U need support for that; when u don't know all the answers to their questions, u lost your farm.

I don't want to limit my options to login to my farms, so activating Supercell ID was a mistake.
    Last edited by venusioso; October 13th, 2019 at 10:25 AM.

I felt like gamecenter was abandoning me with its limited functionality and even recent changes do nothing for me (I tap to add a friend and the keyboard does not come up).

With me having one newish device and a very old device, 2 or 3 farms, 3 or 4 clash accounts and 1 boom beach account, adding them all to supercell ID and playing all on one device was incentive enough for me.

i now travel with those 7 accounts with one device, one charging cable. I can even access all of them from my phone if I need to
    Farm 140
    CoC TH11 BhB9 AQ 50 BK 50 GW 20
    established level 17 clan seeking willing warriors, donators and clan games enthusiasts

Need a Siege Machine/Donate a Siege Machine...

Pro Member
    I have supercell ID on all three of my farms. I have them all on the family chromebook for ease of access and also on my phone for when we are on the road. Setting them up was so easy, yes to get them on all our devices did take a few emailed codes but after that changing accounts was a breeze.
    Last edited by Cowslips; October 13th, 2019 at 11:02 PM.
    Heart in Hands
    Silver chicken on a purple heart.
    Tag #8OU9VOOV
    Mother Hen
    Tag#LVQYJVPC

That sounds a little scary, but my question is. When I look in settings, I also show that I am connected to Facebook and to google play respectively for each farm. Wouldn’t that solve the problem of a lost email? Don’t make me shudder...I just got comfortable with this whole scid thing!

Quote Originally Posted by venusioso View Post
    Cause without Supercell ID we had 3 options to login to our farm (GameCenter, Facebook, GooglePlay) and with Supercell ID there is only 1 option Supercell ID.

If you lost access to your email used for Supecell ID, good luck accessing your farm. U need support for that; when u don't know all the answers to their questions, u lost your farm.

I don't want to limit my options to login to my farms, so activating Supercell ID was a mistake.
    Last edited by themammabear; October 14th, 2019 at 07:38 PM.
    Leader Spiritís Peace
    Competitve Champion League
    Now accepting new members​

On the USS Defiant charting the Delta Quadrant and studying Species P900B00181
    Quote Originally Posted by venusioso View Post

Fascinating. First of all, I don't trust Facebook to safeguard my privacy even before their recent settlement with the Federal Trade Commission and its investigation into alleged violations of privacy committed by Facebook.
    https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/blog/20...eans-consumers

It's more likely for me to forget my Google Play password than to lose access to my email.

---
    Lynn
    October 14, 2019
    What the hell?
    The L bunny is elusive as the Scarlet Pimpernel.
    Yet many farms heard recently the toll of the bell.
    Thank you so much sweet Supercell.
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...cussion-Thread

Sc id is worth it. The ability to play from multiple systems. Sound great to me.
    -Katana

Quote Originally Posted by LynnK2015 View Post
    Fascinating. First of all, I don't trust Facebook to safeguard my privacy even before their recent settlement with the Federal Trade Commission and its investigation into alleged violations of privacy committed by Facebook.
    https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/blog/20...eans-consumers

It's more likely for me to forget my Google Play password than to lose access to my email.

---
    Lynn
    October 14, 2019

I agree. My Facebook account is a dummy account, used only to connect and nothing more. I donít do Facebook.
    Leader Spiritís Peace
    Competitve Champion League
    Now accepting new members​

Centennial Club
    If you have gmail, you can have different email adresses in the same email account.

see also https://www.labnol.org/internet/mult...n-gmail/17426/

"For instance, if your email address is hello@gmail.com , any email thatís addressed to either he.ll.o@gmail.com or hello+world@gmail.com will also be delivered to your main inbox since Gmail ignores dots and anything thatís after the plus symbol in email usernames."

I can understand if you don't trust Google, trust no one....

But this is an easy way to have a lot of Hayday farms, with one password!

As much as I know SCID can be deactivated and players just go back to fb or gmail connection use, can’t they. I don’t know because don’t use SCID myself, just remember reading some about it but maybe I’m on the wrong track.