Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: I wish I had never tried super cell ID

I wish I had never tried super cell ID

sorry ��
    I will never post any thing again.
    Last edited by Dogdogchicken; October 21st, 2019 at 04:48 PM.

Centennial Club
    I have 4 farms on two tablets, I don't have wifi at home so I used to have to take the tablets to a hotspot to take care of my farms, the supercell ID saved me from all that, now I can take care of all the farms from my phone at home (I do prefer the larger screen but at least I can get things taken care of)

How much trouble is it to move between the farms?
    Let's see...

disconnect from SC ID -- click
    your progress is saved, confirm -- click
    choose another SC ID from the list -- click

No problem at all

Quote Originally Posted by Dogdogchicken View Post
    Used to be, my wife and I could swap in between farms easily. We have the same Apple ID on all our devices, and use Facebook. My wife signed up for supercell ID, and so did I. Now we can no longer swap easily in between farms, And now we cannot help each other out like we used to. Do not like it at all.
    all this trouble over a stupid pig rider statue
    Much has changed with how farm progress is saved. With the introduction of SC ID, I believe, more players could safely save their progress without the need to have or use FaceBook. And of course, only Apple users were able to access GameCenter. Many players do not want to be connected to FB, and GC is not as friendly as it once was. Both of these methods have issues of privacy for the player. IMO, SCID is safe and secure and affords players the privacy many of us want.

I am not sure why you are not still able to help out all of your farms. You are able to save multiple farms on 1 device by using the ‘remember on this device’ button. You are also able to log in using a different SC ID, so you should be able to still access your farms. However, when doing that are you being asked to enter a verification code that is being sent to an email that you do not have ready access to? For example, are you trying to sign in to your wife’s account, but she has used her email address?

This feature is part of SC ID that keeps your account safe. It keeps players from account sharing (which is not allowed by the TOS we all agree to), and it cuts down on scamming and selling of accounts (that probably happens more in CoC).
    Level 160
    Achievement 144/144 (24 Apr 2019)
    Be kind. 🤗

Centennial Club
    Supercell ID also NOT good if u want to switch between your farms that have Supercell ID and farms that don't have Supercell ID yet.

The "remember me" option does not work in that case and u need to get a new verification code each time u switch between them
    Last edited by venusioso; October 12th, 2019 at 10:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by venusioso View Post
    Supercell ID also NOT good if u want to switch between your farms that have Supercell ID and farms that don't have Supercell ID yet.

The "remember me" option does not work in that case and u need to get a new verification code each time u switch between them
    I’m curious why you would want to have some that are not on SC ID. How are you saving your farm’s progress?
    Level 160
    Be kind. 🤗

On the USS Defiant charting the Delta Quadrant and studying Species P900B00181
    Quote Originally Posted by venusioso View Post

Fascinating. There are some players who linked their farms to SCID only and other farms to Google Play only? May I ask what are the benefits to this arrangement? It would cause me unnecessary confusion so I unlinked both of my farms to Google Play and then linked them to SCID. It takes me about 5 seconds or less to switch between farms.

---
    Lynn
    October 12, 2019
    In what ways am I grateful? Let me count my blessings.
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...essings-Thread

I haven't got into any SC ID yet, despite having multiple Clash and multiple Hay Day account. I don't feel I am well informed enough to made this irreversible decision and I can't help but avoid unnecessary risk (if something doesn't break, don't change it). I would be delighted if any of you can convince me.
    Reading the Clash side about SC ID, I kind of figure something out but still not enough for me.

Lynnk? What do you mean by unlink from Google Play, how did you do it?

Momscar, any other mean to save farm progress are still good: Game Center, Facebook and Google Play Games.

On the USS Defiant charting the Delta Quadrant and studying Species P900B00181
    Quote Originally Posted by meonhoc View Post
    ...Lynnk? What do you mean by unlink from Google Play, how did you do it?
    While in Hay Day, I go to Settings and tap the Google Play Connected button to toggle to Disconnected. And thus, my game process is saved by SCID instead of Google Play.

If I want to buy diamonds, then I'd tap the Google Play Disconnected button to toggle to Connected.

---
    Lynn
    October 12, 2019
    Last edited by LynnK2015; October 13th, 2019 at 12:04 AM.
    In what ways am I grateful? Let me count my blessings.
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...essings-Thread

Quote Originally Posted by meonhoc View Post
    I haven't got into any SC ID yet, despite having multiple Clash and multiple Hay Day account. I don't feel I am well informed enough to made this irreversible decision and I can't help but avoid unnecessary risk (if something doesn't break, don't change it). I would be delighted if any of you can convince me.
    Reading the Clash side about SC ID, I kind of figure something out but still not enough for me.

Lynnk? What do you mean by unlink from Google Play, how did you do it?

Momscar, any other mean to save farm progress are still good: Game Center, Facebook and Google Play Games.
    I am very tech challenged and therefore very Leary of switching to scid. It sounded way to complicated and scary. I heard stories of losing farms and all sorts of malfunctions....no way! I have one iPad account and one android account to further complicate matters. Well, a few months ago, in the middle of derby, my phone blew up and I was in a panic. The farm involved was in a top 100 hood and I did not want to let my teammates down! As it turned out, I was able to replace my phone and finish in time, but the panic was the impetus to get me to turn to scid. It was actually quite simple and now if i ever lose one device again, I can always access both farms on the other device. Plus it’s so nice now to b able to play my phone farm on the larger tablet screen! Im so happy I had the courage to do it! It was a big step for a techno chicken!
    Leader Spirit’s Peace
    Competitve Champion League
    Now accepting new members​

Mammabear, most of the stories that I had heard of ‘lost’ accounts using SCID were on the Clash side, and those were, almost exclusively scams that the player fell for because they wanted to get farther faster.

I was running 1 HD and 1 CoC account on an Android device and one each on my Apple device. And the switch was so easy. It did take me quite sometime to just do it. After I did, I wondered what took me so long.
    Level 160
    Be kind. 🤗