Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Tie Breaker for Builder Base Battle

1.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #81
    Quote Originally Posted by George1971 View Post
    Yes, I do.
    No, you don't. And that is as it should be.

You can complain about how they do it all you like, but you have no right to have any say in what they do with their 3 minutes.

When I used to be repeatedly faced with an opponent doing a slow, sneaky archer dribble, consuming the full three minutes, I seriously disliked it, and it was making me dislike builder base quite a lot. (They largely fixed that by adding the lava launcher)
    As I say, you can dislike it as much as you want, and complain about it too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)

2.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #82
    Quote Originally Posted by George1971 View Post
    Time may not be the best, but I don’t believe it at worst could be nearly as bad as some think. Rushing a spam attack severely risks the third star. (I do these attacks a lot, for clan game challenges).
    I believe time to be completely unacceptable as a discriminator. We are given 3 minutes to use as we please. The fact somebody uses less of it should not matter.

And I speak as somebody who usually does use less of it. I would say that in close to 90% opf all the draws I have (whether 1-0% or less), I have finished first.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    I believe strongly that the number of non 100% ties involving a lower BH against a higher one are so small as to be insignificant.
    So, I am just a few days BH level 8. In my battles I am matched in 6 or 7 out of 10 times against a BH9. That is a fact. Often a BH9 with level 18 troops and lots of times with level 9 defenses. That is also a fact. A lot of times I don't win because of the difference in level. No matter what tactics I use or take advice from experienced players like you. It is frustrating that when you finally reach a high score of more then 70% you still loose or reach a draw. It would be nice for the lower player, -and yes, draws are very rare- is rewarded for that.

I see here that lots of arguments for not trying new things are from personal opinions. The Belgium has in my opinion a very fair argument in counting destroyed buildings. Just try it. Because if the argument is to get a high base as soon as possible, you need to win a lot, because you need loot for that. It would be more encouraging if lower BH levels are supported to reach that. And with counting demolished buildings that would be a nice gesture to try that.

Quote Originally Posted by MUFC777 View Post
    So, I am just a few days BH level 8. In my battles I am matched in 6 or 7 out of 10 times against a BH9. ~ It would be nice for the lower player, -and yes, draws are very rare- is rewarded for that.
    There's no penalty on loot gain for a higher player attacking a lower player like there is on the main village. You can find several post saying to rush to the latest level, you will have more things to help you defend compare to the previous Builder Hall level.

There shouldn't be exceptions on rewards for a player being weaker, less time used, or whatever reason. A win is a win, a lost is lost, and a tie is just that, not winning nor losing.

Unfortunately I don't think there is a solution to this, the only possibility is maybe just count it as a win for both people for the loot? With no gain or loss in trophies. But the way it is now with a tie nothing is lost, besides 6 minutes for your army to regenerate.

I've been enduring ties for a long time, and I learned that the only 3 solutions are:

-1: Upgrade camps/troops
    -2: Upgrade defenses
    -3: Lose some trophies

I despise draws too, because I was getting a lot of them at 100%, but the game was telling me that I had reached a barrier and that I should be the one who fixes it.

And remember, a tied match is better tan a lost one.