Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Tie Breaker for Builder Base Battle

Tie Breaker for Builder Base Battle

Instead of having an annoying draw. There should always be a winner.
    Tie Breaker can be due to:
    1. Shorter duration wins
    2. Lower TH level wins
    3. More Walls destroyed wins

Also, I hope that percent of the progress of the enemy attacking your base is reflected in the screen while you are attacking. The enemy base. This is so you can end the attack when you are already sure of winning resulting to lesser time spent.

Forum Elder
    Maybe you're at a BH level where ties happen a lot, they don't above 4K i know that.

1. This would kills attacks involving slower moving troops, like the sneaker archer.
    2. Mostly irrelevant.
    3. Air attacks ....

And those other changes are so you can save like 20-30 seconds? Nah.

3.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #3
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulLegaspi7 View Post
    Not in most of the world.

1. Shorter duration wins
    Absolutely not.

This wpuld immediately reduce the viability of certain army choices. And I say that assomebody who usually uses a fast choice.

2. Lower TH level wins
    Different BH levels tying is not frequent enough for that to really matter. And if you did actually meanTH, that wasn't just a typo, then 100% no again. It has absolutely no relevanceto the BH batgle.

As with 1, it would reduce the viability of certakn armies (different ones).

Also, I hope that percent of the progress of the enemy attacking your base is reflected in the screen while you are attacking. The enemy base. This is so you can end the attack when you are already sure of winning resulting to lesser time spent.
    Quite a lot of people have asked for this. I wouldn't mind seding it myself. But I don't think it likely to happen, I don't think it fits with SC's vision of how BH battles are intended to play out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)

Forum Superstar
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulLegaspi7 View Post
    1. Shorter duration wins
    2. Lower TH level wins

Agree, there are too many ties.

Another suggestion had been the side that deployed less troops.

Is this were to be a thing, I do not like the 3 suggested ideas for reasons stated above. However, I would like it if it was based on either who deserves it more (like if someone is 200 trophies and the other person is 300, the win would go to the 200 trophy person, but the 300 person does not lose trophies,) or if it was based on how many troops remained (like a clutch 1 bat left battle would not win against an attack with all 8 Giants remaining.)

If there were cases which these STILL don't break a tie, then it should be rare enough to count as one (about as rare as a 3 crown tie in CR)
    Last edited by Bodgey; October 10th, 2019 at 08:10 PM.

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by George1971 View Post

This isn't viable either because it kills pekka attacks.

You can't just ignore the way the game was designed in order to come up with ways to break ties. If SC decides someday to completely overall the entire system, then maybe you can build these kinds of things into that system. Until that day however, its not feasible.

Banned
    Lol
    If you added lower bh wins I'd have at least 200 more trophies than I do now. I'm a max bh5 and I can 3 star a bh6 and can manage 1 or 2 stars on a bh8 and can get possibly 1 against bh8. And of course I can crush a bh5
    -Katana
    Last edited by KatanaMaster12; October 10th, 2019 at 08:23 PM.

Forum Elder
    There are three equally valid outcomes to any competition: win, lose or draw. Ties are a fact of life and although perhaps annoying, that does not require a “fix”.
    Last edited by Tosti111; October 10th, 2019 at 11:28 PM.

Forum Superstar
    In competitions of importance, draws are tie-broken.

For less than 100%-100%, most ties, virtually all, would be broken if % destruction weren't calculated on building count, but a weighted building count where some buildings are worth more than others, with precision to multiple decimal places.

Quote Originally Posted by George1971 View Post

I almost never have a tie, but even if I did I don't think any of the suggested options to break the tie are all that good. None of them really means the attack was "better" than the other, hence the end in a tie.

Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. Click here for answer on how cc troops deploy (hint, it depends) and more info here. How is war map placement of max halls determined you ask, check out threads like this one. Thank you SC for the new legends! I'd start it at 5500 and let farmers play 5000-5500, but overall it is a great improvement.