Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 102

  Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Tie Breaker for Builder Base Battle

  1.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #81
    Quote Originally Posted by George1971 View Post
    Yes, I do.
    No, you don't. And that is as it should be.

    You can complain about how they do it all you like, but you have no right to have any say in what they do with their 3 minutes.

    When I used to be repeatedly faced with an opponent doing a slow, sneaky archer dribble, consuming the full three minutes, I seriously disliked it, and it was making me dislike builder base quite a lot. (They largely fixed that by adding the lava launcher)
    As I say, you can dislike it as much as you want, and complain about it too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)

  2.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #82
    Quote Originally Posted by George1971 View Post
    Time may not be the best, but I don’t believe it at worst could be nearly as bad as some think. Rushing a spam attack severely risks the third star. (I do these attacks a lot, for clan game challenges).
    I believe time to be completely unacceptable as a discriminator. We are given 3 minutes to use as we please. The fact somebody uses less of it should not matter.

    And I speak as somebody who usually does use less of it. I would say that in close to 90% opf all the draws I have (whether 1-0% or less), I have finished first.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)

  3. #83
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    I believe strongly that the number of non 100% ties involving a lower BH against a higher one are so small as to be insignificant.
    So, I am just a few days BH level 8. In my battles I am matched in 6 or 7 out of 10 times against a BH9. That is a fact. Often a BH9 with level 18 troops and lots of times with level 9 defenses. That is also a fact. A lot of times I don't win because of the difference in level. No matter what tactics I use or take advice from experienced players like you. It is frustrating that when you finally reach a high score of more then 70% you still loose or reach a draw. It would be nice for the lower player, -and yes, draws are very rare- is rewarded for that.

    I see here that lots of arguments for not trying new things are from personal opinions. The Belgium has in my opinion a very fair argument in counting destroyed buildings. Just try it. Because if the argument is to get a high base as soon as possible, you need to win a lot, because you need loot for that. It would be more encouraging if lower BH levels are supported to reach that. And with counting demolished buildings that would be a nice gesture to try that.

  4. #84
    Forum Elder IceBird1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    2,269
    Quote Originally Posted by MUFC777 View Post
    So, I am just a few days BH level 8. In my battles I am matched in 6 or 7 out of 10 times against a BH9. ~ It would be nice for the lower player, -and yes, draws are very rare- is rewarded for that.
    There's no penalty on loot gain for a higher player attacking a lower player like there is on the main village. You can find several post saying to rush to the latest level, you will have more things to help you defend compare to the previous Builder Hall level.

    There shouldn't be exceptions on rewards for a player being weaker, less time used, or whatever reason. A win is a win, a lost is lost, and a tie is just that, not winning nor losing.

  5. #85
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    65
    Unfortunately I don't think there is a solution to this, the only possibility is maybe just count it as a win for both people for the loot? With no gain or loss in trophies. But the way it is now with a tie nothing is lost, besides 6 minutes for your army to regenerate.

  6. #86
    Centennial Club KaleboIV's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    101
    I've been enduring ties for a long time, and I learned that the only 3 solutions are:

    -1: Upgrade camps/troops
    -2: Upgrade defenses
    -3: Lose some trophies

    I despise draws too, because I was getting a lot of them at 100%, but the game was telling me that I had reached a barrier and that I should be the one who fixes it.


    And remember, a tied match is better tan a lost one.

  7. #87
    Fresh Spawn
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    2

    Draws are stupid

    I get beyond annoyed when I finish a battle in builder base or a clan war in multiplayer and see DRAW. There are so many other metrics that could be used as a tie breaker. One that would be super easy, the fastest attack to get the equal stars wins. In multiplayer, fastest combined attacks. Easy peasy.

  8. #88
    Forum Champion Piper139's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    5,598
    Long thread on this topic.
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...er-Base-Battle

    Bottom line for me, get your defense up and draws are no longer a problem.
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22

  9. #89
    Fresh Spawn
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    2
    Actually, this isnít true. You get two maxed out bases and both take each other out equally, itís still a problem.

    In multiplayer, each clan maxes out stars on the other, you get a war draw. So, sorry, this is still a problem and could very easily be fixed.

    I see the back and forth on the builder hall bases, whatever. I disagree, but at least itís debated.

    what about multiplayer clan wars?
    Last edited by SharkyFinn; 1 Week Ago at 03:17 PM.

  10. #90
    Quote Originally Posted by Dnaman View Post
    Actually, this isn’t true. You get two maxed out bases and both take each other out equally, it’s still a problem.

    In multiplayer, each clan maxes out stars on the other, you get a war draw. So, sorry, this is still a problem and could very easily be fixed.

    I see the back and forth on the builder hall bases, whatever. I disagree, but at least it’s debated.

    what about multiplayer clan wars?
    On builderbase, draws don't happen much unless you are very low in trophies and both getting 100%. They do happen at times higher up, but not often enough to worry much about and I don't think "fastest" necessarily means best. That rewards the more spammy type attacks.

    In clan wars, again draws are rare unless you are playing with low halls that are all just easily getting 100%. In that case, it is time to move up. And, in clan wars, the fastest done would be a terrible way to break the tie, even if a tie actually needed to be broken.

    Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. Click here for answer on how cc troops deploy (hint, it depends) and more info here. How is war map placement of max halls determined you ask, check out threads like this one. Thank you SC for the new legends! I'd start it at 5500 and let farmers play 5000-5500, but overall it is a great improvement.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •