Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Tie Breaker for Builder Base Battle

Rowman says, “I get it, many people want to simply get in and out of the Versus battles as quickly as possible, so they disdain draws. But an arbitrarily defined tie breaker should not be established just to fulfill their whims, the competition rules must make sense for a competative environment.”

It isn’t about getting out of Vs battles, it’s about getting your win stars before Clock Tower ends. Time is of the essence based on the way BB is designed. We boost the clock and run as many attacks as possible before Clock runs out. That is why people get so frustrated with SA. It isn’t because we want to go back to reg COC. It’s because the clock is ticking. To blow 3 min of 11 min on an attack just to have it a draw hurts.

Im sure there is a way to break up % just enough so it doesn’t end in draw so often in the 3K range cause it does happen, a lot. I’m not just talking 100% either. Everything is worth 2%, so all you got to do is destroy as many objects as the opponent. There really isn’t even that many. So if one guy destroys clock tower and Air Bombs, which have a lot of HP and the other guy destroys 2 camps, they tie. That really isn’t fair.

100% vs 100%. Ok tie.
    Last edited by Berlinder; October 11th, 2019 at 01:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Berlinder View Post
    Rowman says, “I get it, many people want to simply get in and out of the Versus battles as quickly as possible, so they disdain draws. But an arbitrarily defined tie breaker should not be established just to fulfill their whims, the competition rules must make sense for a competative environment.”

It isn’t about getting out of Vs battles, it’s about getting your win stars before Clock Tower ends. Time is of the essence based on the way BB is designed. We boost the clock and run as many attacks as possible before Clock runs out. That is why people get so frustrated with SA. It isn’t because we want to go back to reg COC. It’s because the clock is ticking. To blow 3 min of 11 min on an attack just to have it a draw hurts.
    Respectably disagree. The question then is why do they want to get all attacks completed within the Clock Tower boost? We can attack without it, do an attack, come back 10 minutes, 30 minutes, or a hour later, attack again. On the Main Base, do you only do Multiplayer attacks when your barracks are boosted? I myself do not, nor do I feel I have to on the Builder Base. So my own conclusion is that people simply want to place minimal time effort, get it over with quickly. Attacking while boosted is a choice, not a game requirement.

I myself am not a big fan of the Builder Base, but I accept it for what it is. I simply jump over there now and then as my Main Base troops are cooking. This morning, by visiting, attacking, and then leaving while retraining, I completed the daily ☆☆☆☆☆ bonus an hour before my boost was even available. No big deal, jumpped back over an hour later, boosted (to speed up builds and lab) and left for the day.

During Clan Games we only have a determined time limit to achieve goals in BB. True no one is required to do the BB challenges but I try to leave the easier reg challenges for other members of my Clan. I use clock potions and rely on the boosts to achieve most of those challenges. If I was granted a free training potion once a day and would lose it if not use it, I would plan my daily star bonus attacks around that training potion. It is not wasted if it is used efficiently. Some people do not care for BB and I respect that but they really don’t care if they tie cause they really don’t care if they win or lose. Not fare to judge if tie breakers are important if you admit you don’t really care for the game anyway.

Forum Elder
    ...Not fare to judge if tie breakers are important if you admit you don’t really care for the game anyway.
    There's a world of difference between rowman saying "I'm not a big fan" & your interpretation of it as "don't really care"! The implication here is that you value your opinion more highly because of it.

That is not true. I value Rowman’s opinion above my own. He obviously knows much more about this game than I ever will and would never believe my opinion is greater than any other person on this forum. Isn’t it the purpose of this forum to discuss, even disagree on game issues? I only meant that to some people are big fans of BB and for them a tie breaker has a greater effect than someone who admits they are not a big fan. It has nothing to do with me vs Rowman or my opinion vs anyone’s.

That is not true. I value Rowman’s opinion above my own. He obviously knows much more about this game than I ever will and would never believe my opinion is greater than any other person on this forum. Isn’t it the purpose of this forum to discuss, even disagree on game issues? I only meant that to some people are big fans of BB and for them a tie breaker has a greater effect than someone who admits they are not a big fan. It has nothing to do with me vs Rowman or my opinion vs anyone’s.
    I myself had absolutely no issue with your statement. But it does make me wonder (as I have pondered in the past), which is "How to those within the Builder Base Global Top 100 feel about draws, and how do they think they should be resolved?" That is, the truely competative ones, with something at stake. Would like to have their take on the subject on day.
    Last edited by rowman; October 11th, 2019 at 03:31 PM.

There is a great deal of difference between not caring about tie breakers and not caring for the proposed solutions. The vast majority of the proposals favor one type of attack over another, not the skill or quality of attack. To take the 3 from the op.

1. Time. Fastest wins. This favors spam and pray over methodical multi phase attacks. So no surgical minions to pick off trash or carefully dropped in hogs to keep pace as your pekkas and machine move into the base. Also benefits the bh8s that can roll through my bh6 in less than a minute and punishes me for being able to 3 star it in just under 3 minutes.
    2. Lower town hall wins. I actually kind of like this one but absolutely irrelevant above 4k trophies where my main stays. Might discourage those bh8s and 9s from slumming in the low 2k range. Might not.
    3. Walls destroyed. Air attacks are screwed. On many bases, I might not destroy a single wall with minion drop. Greatly favors bomber strategies.

I like the idea of weighted percent damage perhaps based on hitpoints to make draws less likely. Highly not in favor of most tie breaker proposals that are just another way of saying nerf slow attacks.
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by Piper139 View Post
    ... I like the idea of weighted percent damage perhaps based on hitpoints to make draws less likely. Highly not in favor of most tie breaker proposals that are just another way of saying nerf slow attacks.
    I can see this growing legs.
    Last edited by Kaledonian; October 11th, 2019 at 05:01 PM.

Forum Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulLegaspi7 View Post
    Instead of having an annoying draw. There should always be a winner.
    Tie Breaker can be due to:
    1. Shorter duration wins
    2. Lower TH level wins
    3. More Walls destroyed wins

Also, I hope that percent of the progress of the enemy attacking your base is reflected in the screen while you are attacking. The enemy base. This is so you can end the attack when you are already sure of winning resulting to lesser time spent.
    I think this has all be addressed but the tie breakers you propose in 1-3 all have drawbacks.

The progress enemy bar or some variation is asked for a lot in hopes of "speeding up attacks" but it ignores the fact that may people will use this to their advantage and wait the prebattle time before starting an attack in hopes of seeing the percentage they need to reach in order to win. Which would likely have the effect of extending battles.
    Villains United #9UJLRUVU - L10 Clan - Friday Wars - Always looking for TH6+ looking to do clan games. War is optional but if you're green we expect 2 attacks.

10.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #30
    Actually, ties have more effect on those who aren't keen on BB. They are the ones who most want to just get their 3 wins and leave as quickly as possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)