Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Tie Breaker for Builder Base Battle

Forum Superstar
    Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    I almost never have a tie, but even if I did I don't think any of the suggested options to break the tie are all that good. None of them really means the attack was "better" than the other, hence the end in a tie.

For 100%-100% ties, I was getting them a lot, BH8 max, before the Canon Cart nerf. Both sides were using max PEKKA-carts to perfect effect.

Post nerf, no more 100%-100%. Post BH9, max troops are beginning to get a good number of 100% victories. Used against me: All maxed: Either all PEKKA, PEKKAs with maybe bomber/carts, Mostly baby dragons, or sometimes Giants barbs archers carts.

Maybe 5% 100%-100%. Admittedly, 5% is not a lot.

However, when I have won 100% in 1.5 minutes (usually mostly PEKKAs, bombers & carts depending on walls and lava launcher location), and I go watch my opponent using the full three minutes, I think I did it better.

Sometimes I use all baby dragons, if they are a spread out base, for 100%, but then I am the slow one.

It may be a matter of opinion, but I am strongly of the feeling that in a fight, faster is better. If slower were better, I could easily go slower to suit, so slower is not better.

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    ... I don't think any of the suggested options to break the tie are all that good...
    In a nutshell.

Whatever alternative solutions to the nonproblem are offered, I've yet to see one that isn't inherently unfair on the losers.

A draw is a draw, they are frustrating, but it ain't the end of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulLegaspi7 View Post
    Instead of having an annoying draw. There should always be a winner.
    Not agree, it doesn't always have to be a winner. Annoyance it's not really a factor that can decide we should have a winner. There are always some annoyance in any competition, do the competition have to change due to somebody is getting annoyed? Nope.

Tie Breaker can be due to:
    1. Shorter duration wins
    No again.
    It's a Versus Battle, not a Racing Battle. The time displayed is the time limit of an attack, it's not the time limit for a race between 2 players, time should not be the deciding factor.

2. Lower TH level wins
    It's an interesting idea to help lower BH level guys, however it won't be any of use, different TH levels mean the possibility of same % destruction is very very unlikely due to additional buildings each BH level have.

3. More Walls destroyed wins
    No.
    There is one troop that specifically target walls, you are literally giving an additional star to that strategy just in case the versus battle ends up with a draw.

Also, I hope that percent of the progress of the enemy attacking your base is reflected in the screen while you are attacking. The enemy base. This is so you can end the attack when you are already sure of winning resulting to lesser time spent.
    No again.
    As previously stated, it's a Versus Battle and not a Racing Battle.
    Another reason is if the progress of opponent attacking your base is displayed, chances are both players wait for each other to start the attack, resulting in both players spending 1 minute scout time away, and ends up you will wait for full 4 minutes instead of previous 3 minutes, more time spend on Versus Battle, not less.

Troll Food
    Both tie victims win! Problem solved.

Forum Superstar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaledonian View Post
    Whatever alternative solutions to the nonproblem are offered, I've yet to see one that isn't inherently unfair on the losers.

How is any solution unfair to the loser? If you tie you lose. All proposals change the outcome of only on from tied to win.

Unless maybe you worry about BH trophies??? Well I sure don't worry about BH trophies, they look after themselves.

6.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #16
    Quote Originally Posted by George1971 View Post
    How is any solution unfair to the loser?
    The solutions proposed all punish thd loser for using the "wrong" strategy. That is unfair.

If you tie you lose.
    No you don't.

All proposals change the outcome of only on from tied to win.

Unless maybe you worry about BH trophies??? Well I sure don't worry about BH trophies, they look after themselves.
    Many people still want to gain trophies, and a tie doesn't harm that. The only thing you "lose" with a tie in BH is time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)

7.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #17
    In competitions of importance, draws are tie-broken.
    In most competitions outside the USA that is only true when they are a knockout tournament.

For less than 100%-100%, most ties, virtually all, would be broken if % destruction weren't calculated on building count, but a weighted building count where some buildings are worth more than others, with precision to multiple decimal places.
    That does make a lot of sense, although I'm not convinved it would make as much difference as you think. It would make some difference though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)

Forum Elder
    How is any solution unfair to the loser? If you tie you lose. All proposals change the outcome of only on from tied to win.

It's unfair to arbitrarily award a win to the opponent when you've matched their performance. This is especially true if you get 100%, you can't possibly do any better than that; yet you can still lose? The mind boggles!

You'll have to explain "if you tie you lose"; it doesn't make sense to me.

FYI, I do like to keep my trophy count as high as I can; better loot. I certainly don't "worry" about it. In fact, I hit my lowest trophy level in over a year a few days ago; perhaps upgrading an AT before my LL was finished wasn't my best move.
    Last edited by Kaledonian; 4 Weeks Ago at 12:06 PM.

In competitions of importance, draws are tie-broken.
    True, but let us look at how those individual match ties are broken. (We are not comparing standings ties, but rather individual match ties). If people desire a real world comparison, they would suggest something like: If players tied at end of regulation, then a 1 minute overtime battle where each side has use of one half their troops. If still tied after the overtime period, then a Battle Machine vs Battle Machine shootout. If still tied, then draw.

But what people constantly propose is a new FIFA rule of "team that scored first goal in regulation wins", or "longest total time of ball possession wins", or "hottest looking striker wins", or .....

I get it, many people want to simply get in and out of the Versus battles as quickly as possible, so they disdain draws. But an arbitrarily defined tie breaker should not be established just to fulfill their whims, the competition rules must make sense for a competative environment.

....For less than 100%-100%, most ties, virtually all, would be broken if % destruction weren't calculated on building count, but a weighted building count where some buildings are worth more than others, with precision to multiple decimal places.
    Agree that at least that would make sense, kudos to you for thinking out of the box, looking for non-arbitrarry means. I find though in my own case, vast majority of ties are at 100%/100%. Doubt if the detractors would be satisified unless all draws were resolved.
    Last edited by rowman; 4 Weeks Ago at 12:29 PM.

Forum Elder
    Good points rowman. You hit the nail on the head when you referred to the competitive environment.

To my mind, ties should only be broken either by some sort of continuation, or a rematch. Anything else just doesn't seem fair.