Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: 1 tile reduction on Inferno

1 tile reduction on Inferno

It's a strong defense. It seems that the reach of the inferno puts it just out of reach of most units. A 1 tile reduction would seem to balance it slightly. With the amount of defenses already requiring spell management and tome use it seems 3 infernos with such a long reach is a bit much.

What are your thoughts? Please keep it constructive, no negativity needed.
    Last edited by BIZmarkIE; 1 Week Ago at 06:06 PM.

Pro Member
    This has been discussed before, and I generally agree with it. TH12 already has so much going on in the base that the range of multi IT does make it generally unmanageable for the typical player and frustrating for the strong player. This is one of the game’s balances that is geared toward the best of the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaronjs View Post
    This has been discussed before, and I generally agree with it. TH12 already has so much going on in the base that the range of multi IT does make it generally unmanageable for the typical player and frustrating for the strong player. This is one of the game’s balances that is geared toward the best of the best.
    I apologize. I didn't see any threads on it but there are thousands of threads here. Do you have any links to the current discussion on it?

4.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #4
    Quote Originally Posted by BIZmarkIE View Post
    I apologize. I didn't see any threads on it but there are thousands of threads here. Do you have any links to the current discussion on it?
    I don't think it has been discussed recently.

But I also don't think it a good idea. It would make infernos almost useless. They are intended to be extremely tough.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post

But I also don't think it a good idea. It would make infernos almost useless. They are intended to be extremely tough.
    I see your perspective. They have always been tough, even before a third one was added. Also, they added the giga tesla/bomb which negated the Tome. So it seems that the range should be lowered by just one tile. They will still remain tough without being overly tough. The inferno islands are a killer. I don't mind the challenge but there are already so many defenses to account for. It seems that the 1 tile space would balance it with the other defenses. But that's just my opinion. Single infernos kill any troop they touch without a freeze spell.

Pro Member

Why the hyperbole? They’re currently the most powerful defenses besides the giga tesla, and a 1 tile reduction back to its original range wouldn’t change that.

There are a lot of 3* to be found already in th 12. So it is possible in many cases to manage the infernos. I am concerned about making 3* too easy. I feel that now it is about right. Definitely much easier than the time in which infernos turn healing effects off.

I am not certain I like this idea, but what I wouldn't mind seeing would be perhaps giving healers a new level at TH12 that for all intents and purposes is just a hit point buff with minimal or zero additional heal effect.

That would let your healers last a big longer in the foray without really nerfing the inferno much. Right now, it is my belief that, while healers provide sufficient heal effect, they are a tad too brittle at the highest level. The MT inferno range can lock onto them fairly quickly.

They still need to die when a SAM hits them, so if a modest SAM buff is also then needed to compensate, OK by me...
    old headz - A place for adults to gather, chat, drink, and clash! Learn more about us at https://oldheadz.wordpress.com/

Find us in Clash: old headz (#2VVQVLCV). Adult clan for War and Clan Games.
    Discord: https://discord.gg/Bt28Krq

Centennial Club
    I completely agree with OP....inferno tower range (especially multi) is absurdly long...with having 3 infernos on TH12s, they provide a substantial coverage on the base and keeping in mind that in almost majority of attacks the warden ability is used for townhall, there is little protection for the army especially in inferno island bases,

The interesting thing is that when a certain troop founds a high percentage of "usage", supercell concludes that the troop is OP and requires a nerf, however, inferno island bases have been running rampant over the past couple of years (situation is even aggravated with the third inferno and 3 islands !!!) which is clearly an indication that the island bases are too powerful and this solely comes from the long range that infernos have, ...almost each and every base we face in wars (max th12s) have 3 islands in the design.

Also, apart from the long range, inferno towers consistently target BEYOND THEIR RANGE !!!!!! I have attached a photo from our last cwl attacks (yesterday).... this has been going for so long and it has been brought up on the forum however, there is always the argument of "range is just an approximate!!!" NO, i dont buy that argument, range is a finite fixed digit number and no unit should be able to shoot/target beyond the defined range ...you will never see a wizard, bowler or queen to target a building out of their range and so should be the inferno, they must target within their range (which needs a nerf).

[IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by Neptune01; 1 Week Ago at 08:24 PM.
    Fully maxed TH12, 65/65/40

Forum Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Aaronjs View Post
    Why the hyperbole? They’re currently the most powerful defenses besides the giga tesla, and a 1 tile reduction back to its original range wouldn’t change that.
    Where, exactly, is the hyperbole? Ajax made a statement of fact without exaggeration.