Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: 1 tile reduction on Inferno

Millennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Realtruth View Post
    Given bats are so highly used at th12... the reason why everyone is packing multis. You donít think reducing range may help bats slightly more against multi bases? I think the last thing we need is a change which may increase the use of bat attacks
    Well then buff the range of the single, I never said multis had to be nerfed. SC shouldíve never implemented bats to begin with but since they have it makes sense to keep multis as they are.

I think it's easier from the perspective of whole base instead of Inferno Tower.
    With the base size us such and possible of TH13 that could increase base size, if you reduce the Inferno Tower range for 1 tile, isn't the 3 Inferno Towers too small to cover the base? Will the 4th Inferno Tower be introduced if it happens?

It's a no for me, I would rather keep having 3 Inferno Tower with the same range as they are now.

From the Clan War League perspective, 3 starring TH12 is hard to do, but that's always the case with highest TH level. I might want to see what TH13 brings first (new defense, new hero, new troop, etc.). When TH13 is introduced, TH12 3 star rate will increase, I think that is a better time to change nerf defense for TH12, including the range of Inferno Tower.

Do not touch a thing. TH12 is perfectly balanced right now.

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    It looks like the range is touching the tile the queen is standing on.

I don't believe you easily are 3 starring max th12s.

Well it is not supposed to be like that, in that case the actual range is always larger than the value indicated in the game...for example, when it says 9.5 tile that means it should not target anything beyond 9.5 tile even if the target is standing on the 9.6 location, otherwise the actual range is 10 tiles not 9.5, the tile number indicates the boundary beyond which the defense should not be able to reach, if you zoom the picture, the queen is clearly standing at least 0.5 tile beyond the indicated range.
    Fully maxed TH12, 65/65/40

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Realtruth View Post
    Given bats are so highly used at th12... the reason why everyone is packing multis. You donít think reducing range may help bats slightly more against multi bases? I think the last thing we need is a change which may increase the use of bat attacks
    if you think about supercell's logic in nerfing troops based on their frequency of usage, then multi inferno definitely needs a nerf because max12s are running mostly all island bases and it is because of the massive range of multi inferno....
    Fully maxed TH12, 65/65/40

Quote Originally Posted by Neptune01 View Post
    if you think about supercell's logic in nerfing troops based on their frequency of usage, then multi inferno definitely needs a nerf because max12s are running mostly all island bases and it is because of the massive range of multi inferno....
    or nerf the bats maybe?

Since Multi Inferno were used to specifically counter bats attack, it is also another sign that strategy that include bats were too strong and used most of the time. Single and Multi Inferno balance seems fine before the introduction of bats.
    Last edited by Mercfovia87; 4 Days Ago at 04:04 AM.

We can't discuss Infernos at TH12, without considering the effect/balance at TH11 and TH10 too.

Also, the vast majority of TH12s are not maxed, or even nearly maxed, so how does that play out?
    Personally, I have only 1 maxed Inferno on my TH12, so should all infernos be nerfed?

At this time, I don't see enough evidence to nerf Infernos further, but hey, I'm usually not hitting fully maxed bases.
    Clan Name : SOUTH WEST 45, Clan Tag : #90LP2PL. Highest Win Streak 12!
    Clan Details : Established 2012! Adult, English speaking International Level 15 War Clan (twice a week). Recruitment Thread : https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...10-s-to-TH12-s My Spec : Early TH12.

Millennial Club
    Maybe not changing the range but adding 1 Spell (freez) for th12 can help to solve the problem.

KillerEliteUK, SniperEliteUK, VoodooEliteUK
    maxed th12 doing cwl in champs and i do not have any issue the the infernos as they are. The infernos along with the EA are supposed to be tough and thats what makes th12 good.. it balances great base designs vs great attacks. any changes would mean the average player could 3 star all the time and this wouldnt be right imo.

Unfortunately this is a bi-product of people flying through th levels due to the rewards available these days and not mastering attacks and bases at each th level.. simply my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by Neptune01 View Post
    I completely agree with OP....inferno tower range (especially multi) is absurdly long...with having 3 infernos on TH12s, they provide a substantial coverage on the base and keeping in mind that in almost majority of attacks the warden ability is used for townhall, there is little protection for the army especially in inferno island bases,

The interesting thing is that when a certain troop founds a high percentage of "usage", supercell concludes that the troop is OP and requires a nerf, however, inferno island bases have been running rampant over the past couple of years (situation is even aggravated with the third inferno and 3 islands !!!) which is clearly an indication that the island bases are too powerful and this solely comes from the long range that infernos have, ...almost each and every base we face in wars (max th12s) have 3 islands in the design.

Also, apart from the long range, inferno towers consistently target BEYOND THEIR RANGE !!!!!! I have attached a photo from our last cwl attacks (yesterday).... this has been going for so long and it has been brought up on the forum however, there is always the argument of "range is just an approximate!!!" NO, i dont buy that argument, range is a finite fixed digit number and no unit should be able to shoot/target beyond the defined range ...you will never see a wizard, bowler or queen to target a building out of their range and so should be the inferno, they must target within their range (which needs a nerf).

[IMG][/IMG]
    The range of defense buildings is like almost +1 tile in the lower side of bases as said by itzu