Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 57

  Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: 1 tile reduction on Inferno

  1. #11
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    India
    Posts
    103
    Quote Originally Posted by BIZmarkIE View Post
    It's a strong defense. It seems that the reach of the inferno puts it just out of reach of most units. A 1 tile reduction would seem to balance it slightly. With the amount of defenses already requiring spell management and tome use it seems 3 infernos with such a long reach is a bit much.

    What are your thoughts? Please keep it constructive, no negativity needed.
    No i am not agree with BIZmarkIE because i have also th12 and my heros ,king-47 queen-51 and warden-21 but i do very easy 3 star on th max....

  2. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    284
    I think they're fine. Theres a nice amount of 3 star possibilities with how they are.

    A change like this could have larger consequences than people think.

  3. #13
    Senior Member Rizzob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Over there ---->
    Posts
    366
    Quote Originally Posted by BIZmarkIE View Post
    I see your perspective. They have always been tough, even before a third one was added. Also, they added the giga tesla/bomb which negated the Tome. So it seems that the range should be lowered by just one tile. They will still remain tough without being overly tough. The inferno islands are a killer. I don't mind the challenge but there are already so many defenses to account for. It seems that the 1 tile space would balance it with the other defenses. But that's just my opinion. Single infernos kill any troop they touch without a freeze spell.
    Way back when I first hit TH 9/10 and started dealing with infernos, they also blocked healing. Heal spells and healers wouldn't work when targed by the inferno tower. As a result, just about everyone had their infernos set to multi for this reason. In December of 2017, once TH11 was out for a while, they removed the healing block of infernos (and nerfed some other stuff too) to make TH10 not quite as tough. This had the result of everyone setting their infernos to single, as multi was too easily countered with a heal spell. In March of 2018, they buffed the multi's damage, and nerfed the single by increasing the charge time. This wasn't enough to balance their usage, still almost all infernos were set to single. Finally, in June 2018, they increased the multi's range from 9 tiles to 10. This, along with the third inferno added to TH12 were enough that most infernos were set to multi, but there is still some variety.

    The moral is, that it's difficult to adjust the infernos in a manner that keeps them balanced. I also think that while the inferno needs to be planned for, it's not so tough that it's game-breaking. I'd be against this change.

    Quote Originally Posted by Neptune01 View Post
    Also, apart from the long range, inferno towers consistently target BEYOND THEIR RANGE !!!!!! I have attached a photo from our last cwl attacks (yesterday).... this has been going for so long and it has been brought up on the forum however, there is always the argument of "range is just an approximate!!!" NO, i dont buy that argument, range is a finite fixed digit number and no unit should be able to shoot/target beyond the defined range ...you will never see a wizard, bowler or queen to target a building out of their range and so should be the inferno, they must target within their range (which needs a nerf).
    Just wanted to point out, the range isn't precisely how it is shown in the circle. The true range extends to the edges of the tiles that touch that circle. See this to get the gist of what I mean:

    https://www.reddit.com/r/ClashOfClan...ius_of_things/

    As you pointed out, range is a finite fixed digit number, and so are the tiles. Range is set to a tile, not a pixel. The latter would cause behavior discrepancies depending on what device you are using.
    Last edited by Rizzob; 1 Week Ago at 08:49 PM. Reason: Fixed wording
    Quote Originally Posted by Rexcrush View Post
    This is totally disgusting and disappointing TOO. Nothing new content, nothing new news. Gave a big DISLIKE

  4. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    292
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizzob View Post
    Way back when I first hit TH 9/10 and started dealing with infernos, they also blocked healing. Heal spells and healers wouldn't work when targed by the inferno tower. As a result, just about everyone had their infernos set to multi for this reason. In December of 2017, once TH11 was out for a while, they removed the healing block of infernos (and nerfed some other stuff too) to make TH10 not quite as tough. This had the result of everyone setting their infernos to single, as multi was too easily countered with a heal spell. In March of 2018, they buffed the multi's damage, and nerfed the single by increasing the charge time. This wasn't enough to balance their usage, still almost all infernos were set to single. Finally, in June 2018, they increased the multi's range from 9 tiles to 10. This, along with the third inferno added to TH12 were enough that most infernos were set to multi, but there is still some variety.

    The moral is, that it's difficult to adjust the infernos in a manner that keeps them balanced. I also think that while the inferno needs to be planned for, it's not so tough that it's game-breaking. I'd be against this change.



    Just wanted to point out, the range isn't precisely how it is shown in the circle. The true range extends to the edges of the tiles that touch that circle. See this to get the gist of what I mean:

    https://www.reddit.com/r/ClashOfClan...ius_of_things/

    As you pointed out, range is a finite fixed digit number, and so are the tiles. Range is set to a tile, not a pixel. The latter would cause behavior discrepancies depending on what device you are using.
    I appreciate your well thought out reply and I agree with your points. Possibly they could shorten the range on the single while keeping the range on multi the same? My main issue is that the inferno islands set to single can take down most troops before they can get into the island. Is it game breaking? No. Can 3* still happen? Yes but the single tower Inferno at the current range is way overpowered. And unfortunately in Legends you can only use 1 army for any base.
    Last edited by BIZmarkIE; 1 Week Ago at 08:52 PM.

  5. #15
    Forum Veteran Thegreatpuma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Druidia
    Posts
    1,672
    This CWL I encountered island bases almost exclusively both at th10 and 11 in Crystal 1. I butchered them all, my 11 finishing 21/21, while my 10 was 19/21 as he twice attacked TH11 bases. I used both QW/BoWitch and Hogs to counter them. On the single target inferno islands, a few WBs worked really well to open them up if I was doing BoWitch. Hogs don't care about walls, so didn't need them for my hog attacks.
    TMBG War Clan always recruiting - Wars with TH8-12
    TMBG Discord server:
    https://discord.gg/aXdgW6w
    TH10 - Doctor Worm permamax (for now)
    TH11 - doug 50/50/20 heroes

  6. #16
    Senior Member Rizzob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Over there ---->
    Posts
    366
    Quote Originally Posted by BIZmarkIE View Post
    I appreciate your well thought out reply and I agree with your points. Possibly they could shorten the range on the single while keeping the range on multi the same? My main issue is that the inferno islands set to single can take down most troops before they can get into the island. Is it game breaking? No. Can 3* still happen? Yes but the single tower Inferno at the current range is way overpowered. And unfortunately in Legends you can only use 1 army for any base.
    Here's the thing - I can't say such a proposed change would definitely break something. So I can't say you're wrong. But I saw how the adjustments over time affected the game in ways that weren't intended. This makes me think that the inferno adjustments are much tougher to get right because of the multiple ways they can be used.

    If I can read into what you're saying, you really want a particular base type nerfed moreso than the infernos themselves. I would have to ask, are you finding this base style a disproportionate amount? Meaning a couple of times a day or more? If so, there are strategies to counter this, perhaps it's easier to get comfortable with those strategies and try to fit them to the non-inferno island bases.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rexcrush View Post
    This is totally disgusting and disappointing TOO. Nothing new content, nothing new news. Gave a big DISLIKE

  7. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    292
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizzob View Post
    Here's the thing - I can't say such a proposed change would definitely break something. So I can't say you're wrong. But I saw how the adjustments over time affected the game in ways that weren't intended. This makes me think that the inferno adjustments are much tougher to get right because of the multiple ways they can be used.

    If I can read into what you're saying, you really want a particular base type nerfed moreso than the infernos themselves. I would have to ask, are you finding this base style a disproportionate amount? Meaning a couple of times a day or more? If so, there are strategies to counter this, perhaps it's easier to get comfortable with those strategies and try to fit them to the non-inferno island bases.
    As you probably know in Legends you can't next so you have to attack with the army you have. It isn't a style of base per say. It's the fact that such a powerful defense can reach so far away while only a couple units can't adequately reach it. I destroy bases all day long in legends but it seems out of balance to me to watch a level 65 King or Queen(who has a tremendous range) get melted because the single inferno is well out range to be attacked. I try to counter them walking by the inferno by triggering their ability but that can only get them around it. If the King has to stop and open the wall up he won't make it. The Queen won't make it. Most slow troops can't make it to the single target inferno before it loads up. Single tower seems out of balance the most. But these are just my observations.

  8.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaronjs View Post
    Why the hyperbole? They’re currently the most powerful defenses besides the giga tesla, and a 1 tile reduction back to its original range wouldn’t change that.
    rIt would change it massively.

    1 tile doesn't sound much, but it would bring them in range of some ranged troops at the same time as they came into the range of the IT.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)

  9. #19
    Pro Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    551
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    rIt would change it massively.

    1 tile doesn't sound much, but it would bring them in range of some ranged troops at the same time as they came into the range of the IT.
    I know that 1 tile is a lot. I remember when it was added, mostly as a way for defenders to stop queen-healer combos (a mechanic I still think needs to be eliminated from the game with a return of actual good tanks). Prior to the increased range it was still incredibly powerful. But the multi IT does over 400 dps when in range of 5 troops which makes it by far the strongest defense on the map. Itís more than attackers can handle.

    Reduction of multi IT range should include eliminating queen-healer attacks once and for all. Itís a game breaking mechanic that forces too many design decisions.

  10. #20
    Millennial Club
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    1,417
    Thereís absolutely no reason for the multi to have more range than the single. Either decrease the range of the multi by one or increase the range of the single by one.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •