Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Main things that people are asking from long time

Quote Originally Posted by Darkpye View Post
    Ok, this might be a bit long winded, but I'll try...

It's not just about refraining from clicking the treasury, it's about income flow and the timing of it to best manage multiple upgrades.
    So in my example above the key points are:

1) You need 1 kind of resource from your CC right now, for whatever reason, not getting it now will cost you in some form or another, either in future loot earned or in time for upgrades or something, the reason can vary but you want to be able to use it right now.
    I understand where you are coming from.
    But holding max loot in Treasury will cost you more than you ever know.
    Every time you are raided, your base will offer almost 140K more Gold & Elixir to your opponent. Even if you hold your Shield, you are going to get attacked twice, you are risking those loot (280K Gold & Elixir a day) for attackers anyway.

2) if you take the resources from your clan castle right now and the your other storage's are not full then the resource type of all the different resources will be pulled into you storage's and maybe that won't work out best for you. This can be for a number of reasons, you might be needing a full cc of that resource tomorrow and you won't be able to refill the cc in just 1 or 2 days, as you can only fill it with war loot and daily star bonus. So as a practical example, you want to spend your gold right now, but you need 4 million from your treasury, your lab is freeing up tomorrow afternoon, and you have a book of fighting, you currently have 8 million elixir.

So if you pull the cc gold, you get the elixir but now your elixir stores are full. You can't refill the elixir in your cc by tomorrow when you need it. Also you can't earn any more elixir today because now your storage is full. So tomorrow you have to use the book of fighting then earn the elixir to start another upgrade... which wastes time in the lab.
    You have 8M Elixir and Max Treasury at 4.65M.
    You said you want to do 2 Elixir upgrades tomorrow that require more than 12M Elixir, which means in total you need at least 16.65M of Elixir (12M + 4.65M). Which also mean you can farm 4M in a day since your current Storage is at 8M. If you can farm 4M in a day, what's the difference if you collect Treasury now or tomorrow? If you collect Treasury now your Storage will have 12M, and tomorrow you can farm that 4M more to reach that 16.65M Elixir you need.

Again, you get attacked at least twice a day even if you run your shield out, that will cost you some Treasury loot in addition to your Storage loot, why would you offer your opponent more loot in that 1 day? At the end, you still have to farm those 4M Elixir to do that 2 upgrades.

Now yes, planning can mitigate this a lot, but that's the situation in which it is useful.
    Also the gold pass system makes this occurrence more regular. Due to the perk reduction in costs and the available loot payouts on the silver track it is very possible to use a book in this way at least once per month.
    Agreed, planning and I will add farming. Since you can plan for it then there is no reason to change how collection of Treasury work to a more complicated one, no?
    Last edited by Mercfovia87; October 7th, 2019 at 08:55 AM.

I went through suggestion idea requests and believe Sc is looking to improve clan experience by implementing these ideas into this game:
    1) Sister clan chat tab (to replace global chat - only leaders and co leaders are eligible to chat across clans).
    2) clan troop bank (possibly unlocked by new clan perks)
    3) new clan war mode - one village battle. Everyone contributes to one massive base and they can only use attack once against their enemy one base. Similar concept to Boom beach. Ok this one is seem unlikely, but I really like this idea!
    4) new design of clan interface - new description (bigger text/ colour text), new requirement advances such as town hall levels, war stars required etc.
    If one of the ideas is ruled out, then sorry and edit it or remove it, thanks! 😃

Quote Originally Posted by Mercfovia87 View Post
    I understand where you are coming from.
    But holding max loot in Treasury will cost you more than you ever know.
    Every time you are raided, your base will offer almost 140K more Gold & Elixir to your opponent. Even if you hold your Shield, you are going to get attacked twice, you are risking those loot (280K Gold & Elixir a day) for attackers anyway.

You have 8M Elixir and Max Treasury at 4.65M.
    You said you want to do 2 Elixir upgrades tomorrow that require more than 12M Elixir, which means in total you need at least 16.65M of Elixir (12M + 4.65M). Which also mean you can farm 4M in a day since your current Storage is at 8M. If you can farm 4M in a day, what's the difference if you collect Treasury now or tomorrow? If you collect Treasury now your Storage will have 12M, and tomorrow you can farm that 4M more to reach that 16.65M Elixir you need.

Again, you get attacked at least twice a day even if you run your shield out, that will cost you some Treasury loot in addition to your Storage loot, why would you offer your opponent more loot in that 1 day? At the end, you still have to farm those 4M Elixir to do that 2 upgrades.

Agreed, planning and I will add farming. Since you can plan for it then there is no reason to change how collection of Treasury work to a more complicated one, no?
    So the reasons you have to spend the loot right now can vary, but you've completely ignored numerous possibilities:
    Farming in LL, which means you never get raided for loot so it you won't lose any loot from your cc at all, ever;
    Or maybe you currently have a CC that has full gold and you need 1 more star to get today's loot bonus, if you don;t spend it before you attack then you lose it;
    Maybe it's 12:30 am and you want to go to sleep and you won't be able to play for the next 12 hours so you can't farm right now. And you really want to start that Cannon upgrade tonight;
    Maybe all your LL attacks are done for the day;
    I can probably find more...

There are reasons and you are providing good solutions to the work around in certain situations and as I stated before planning can mitigate this issue significantly, but that doesn't detract from the basic principal that having the option is potentially useful. Also I am not saying that there are no downsides to the option, implementing it is not necessarily as simple adding 3 buttons. GUI's are a very intricate thing and the considerations there are significant. All I am saying is having an option, if done properly would be useful. For me personally right now it's of very little bearing, All my storage's, my cc and my collectors are full to the brim and I have absolutely no need to spend any of if.

So the reasons you have to spend the loot right now can vary, but you've completely ignored numerous possibilities:
    Farming in LL, which means you never get raided for loot so it you won't lose any loot from your cc at all, ever;
    Or maybe you currently have a CC that has full gold and you need 1 more star to get today's loot bonus, if you don;t spend it before you attack then you lose it;
    Maybe it's 12:30 am and you want to go to sleep and you won't be able to play for the next 12 hours so you can't farm right now. And you really want to start that Cannon upgrade tonight;
    Maybe all your LL attacks are done for the day;
    I can probably find more...

There are reasons and you are providing good solutions to the work around in certain situations and as I stated before planning can mitigate this issue significantly, but that doesn't detract from the basic principal that having the option is potentially useful. Also I am not saying that there are no downsides to the option, implementing it is not necessarily as simple adding 3 buttons. GUI's are a very intricate thing and the considerations there are significant. All I am saying is having an option, if done properly would be useful. For me personally right now it's of very little bearing, All my storage's, my cc and my collectors are full to the brim and I have absolutely no need to spend any of if.
    I did not ignore any possibilities, but all possibilities you mentioned in your post can be overcame by planning and farming. Planning is a huge part of this game. If you try to solve all the possibilities, you are literally removing the planning portion of this game.

You mentioned it is not as simple as adding 3 buttons. To implement a change that is not simple and also bring little (for me it brings nothing) to the game, I don't see how it will ever happen. I understand where you are coming from, just that for me this kind of change should be coming from players instead of game developer, as it is resource management in a game, asking game developer to help manage it just feels weird.

The question is what items are most requested. Not which requests are we likely to get.

Requests I see most often are:
    Using heroes in war while upgrading.
    Clan name change.
    Co leaders only chat.
    Private messaging
    Use DE for walls
    Resource exchange/conversion
    Who donated me the wrong troop notice
    Unicorns
    Donation bank
    Resource trading between players

Hints around some of the max resource players make me think some form of resource exchange or trade might be part of update. Not sure what form it might take. The rest are unlikely.

My own wishlist would include some clan management tools. Ability to sort clan view by more than just trophy level. The view we get in CWL is more useful. Or sort by last active, to help identify inactive players. For recruit requests, a tab to see last five clans a guy was in and how long since he left, to sort out hoppers and spies. Like clash of stats, but in game. Leader ability to change a players war option.

But the one most requested item on the forums is...

(Drum roll)

Can I get my account recovered/leadership back/ban reversed.
    I truly believe the recruitment tool will improve over time. Please read my posts on this topic not as complaints, but as a polite request for improvement. Often I include a suggestion, or an observation of an existing function that could make the tool function.
    Before we throw the baby out with the bath, I would like to remind you that recruiting in global was no picnic either. Mostly hoppers, very few serious players.

you have to put this question into context of the galadon video...

things ppl have asked for for a very long time, yes - but then it goes on about who is addressed: it is about end-game players who are full on ressources and who got nothing to spend their ressources on.

give maxed players something to do: they found a pretty good solution for *that*.

he is talking about their *artists* who have already started working on the end-of-year-update... the october update will already include many changes "under the hood", "the way the code works" in preperation for the big update.

and he is pretty clear about it that this will not be just new levels of buidlings etc, not yet another round of cannons and archer towers... all this doesnt "scale nicely" anymore.

still they wanna keep maxed players engaged, and not scare new players away...

now, if you put all those pieces together then he said *a lot*.
    imho it is all about cosmetic stuff, my bet is on skins for buildings that have to be paid with loot. all the above would make sense then and would be addressed.

lets say they'll introduce monthly new skins for maxed defense buildings...
    *) lower townhalls are not affected - those still can grow fast
    *) maxed townhalls got something to spend their loot on, and got somthg to brag about (similar to legend trophies)
    *) doesnt affect balancing
    *) needs rework of the code under the hood, as it was for hero-skins
    *) can be introduced as often as they feel it necessary
    *) no need for updates, just server-side additions as with hero skins from seasonal challenges

some ppl will complain as always ("just cosmetic"), but i think it would be a good solution to the problem of maxed players...

and yes, i have heard ppl asking for this, it's not my invention. for example, youtuber itzu has talked about this when hero skins were introduced... (if i remember correctly)

Quote Originally Posted by Mercfovia87 View Post
    I did not ignore any possibilities, but all possibilities you mentioned in your post can be overcame by planning and farming. Planning is a huge part of this game. If you try to solve all the possibilities, you are literally removing the planning portion of this game.

You mentioned it is not as simple as adding 3 buttons. To implement a change that is not simple and also bring little (for me it brings nothing) to the game, I don't see how it will ever happen. I understand where you are coming from, just that for me this kind of change should be coming from players instead of game developer, as it is resource management in a game, asking game developer to help manage it just feels weird.
    If you design something, say a house, and the front door is say at 1800mm high, then everyone who is 6' tall or taller will crack the heads on the opening when they walk through. Now we can argue that it's not really a problem because all they have to do is duck their heads a little and, viola, problem solved, also, you know I am only 5'9" so it's really not a problem for me so it's not a problem anyway.

This is a crux of your discussion, now there is very little point in going any further in this discussion unless we can come to some form of an understanding that in fact the door height only being 1800mm is actually a problem then it is impossible to start to discuss the surrounding issues, like whether or not it's worth the builders time or money fixing it.

Simply because an issue can be worked around doesn't mean that it isn't an issue.

My point up until now has simply being this, you say there is absolutely no point in considering this idea because it has absolutely no merit, and I am saying, it does have merit. These are to diametrically opposed ideas, in order for any constructive comment to move forward this issue needs to be resolved.

If you feel there is no value whatsoever in the change then of course the idea of the developers spending any time on it would be a resounding 'hell no!'

Just because a solution isn't simple doesn't mean it can't be done. Just because the change isn't of value to you doesn't make it worthless.
    Last edited by Darkpye; October 7th, 2019 at 12:36 PM.

Centennial Club
    I remember darian said once that they are trying to build welcome screen as per countries... So that they can change screen specifically for some players... Not sure on it... Just a guess

Quote Originally Posted by anguuchlol View Post
    builder hall war
    No. A billion times absolutely never ever No.

The Meaning of Life, The Universe, and Everything
    Clan name cange