Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sandbagging in cwl

Forum Legend
    I guess the bonus medals are somewhat valid but I think you get at most 7 extra bonus medals to hand out. That said if you are good enough to get promoted because you won 7 wars and got full bonus, aren't you ready for the next league?
    Villains United #9UJLRUVU - L10 Clan - Friday Wars - Always looking for TH6+ looking to do clan games. War is optional but if you're green we expect 2 attacks.

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by Klavious View Post
    I guess the bonus medals are somewhat valid but I think you get at most 7 extra bonus medals to hand out. That said if you are good enough to get promoted because you won 7 wars and got full bonus, aren't you ready for the next league?
    Agree.. I think its easier to just go for it, and see how it plays out.
    I agree with Zank too, about rotation.. So I suppose it depends on the set up, as clans will be different.. But you both provide valid points.

What I fail to see the purpose of, is clans that purposely miss out on promotion, purely for an easier ride.. The will to win mob.

CWL below the business end is more about rewards than bragging rights.. My thought is once you delve into Masters, you are assembling the firepower and skills to get more serious.. After all, once you hit Masters, you need your share of 12s simply to survive, as well as knowing your way around a base.

Pro Member
    I don’t understand why anyone would want to sandbag in anything below masters 1. You get more medals struggling in a higher leagu they you do if you destroy in a lower league.

I’m in a master 1 clan and a champs 3 clan.
    The master 1 guys want to finish second for obvious reasons (to keep doing 30s incase you don’t know)

And there’s a clan in champs 3 with 54 win streak or something, and thought these guys will smash us. But they are tanking to drop.
    Then there’s 1 clan that’s one person with 15 accounts getting 36+ stars most wars

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by Domz69 View Post
    I don’t understand why anyone would want to sandbag in anything below masters 1. You get more medals struggling in a higher leagu they you do if you destroy in a lower league.

I’m in a master 1 clan and a champs 3 clan.
    The master 1 guys want to finish second for obvious reasons (to keep doing 30s incase you don’t know)

And there’s a clan in champs 3 with 54 win streak or something, and thought these guys will smash us. But they are tanking to drop.
    Then there’s 1 clan that’s one person with 15 accounts getting 36+ stars most wars
    Good going Domz..
    Out of interest, that guy with 15 accounts.. Is he mixing things up, or is he just real good with a single strat?

I am not good, but find that running a 1 man clan, with real life getting in the way, then having to pre cook troops for the next day undermines the chances of optimum scoring.
    Last edited by joshsgrandad; 1 Week Ago at 09:33 AM.

Forum Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by joshsgrandad View Post
    Good going Domz..
    Out of interest, that guy with 15 accounts.. Is he mixing things up, or is he just real good with a single strat?

I am not good, but find that running a 1 man clan, with real life getting in the way, then having to pre cook troops for the next day undermines the chances of optimum scoring.
    Good Question Josh, but

1. having real live
    2. one person 15 TH12s
    3. Getting 36+ stars most wars
    4. Precook armies
    5. Champ league

I think you need to select any two to remove, lol
    Last edited by samratulangi; 1 Week Ago at 02:15 PM.
    https://www.clashofstats.com/clans/a...LPP80/members/

Engineered clan focused on crafting optimized bases

Quote Originally Posted by Klavious View Post
    Sandbagging makes no sense.

Generally if you finish 2nd in league X it is equal to the same medals as finishing 8th in league X+1

So you get bumped up and get smoked you still get about the same overall medals and then compete next month after being demoted.
    I did some calculations based on my own clan's experience in another thread, just to share below:

This is based on a comparison between staying at #2 spot in M3 for two seasons, versus getting promoted to M2 and getting trashed.

Let's just assume the best case scenario. M3 1st spot = 310 medals per pax that scored at least 8 stars throughout the season, plus bonus rewards (3 guaranteed, + 7 wins = 10 bonuses, x80 medals = 800 total medals to distribute).

Add:

M2 last spot = 304 medals per pax that scored at least 8 stars throughout the season (much tougher in a higher league with heavier rosters). Bonus rewards (3 guaranteed, + 0 wins -assuming you lost every match, x85 medals = 255 total medals to distribute).

Comparing staying in M3 for 2 seasons (just on bonuses) = 640 x 2 = 1280.

Versus a perfect win in M3 to get promoted, and then being the bottom of the barrel in M2 = 800 + 255 = 1055.

Bonus reward alone, staying in M3 2nd spot for 2 seasons gains a better yield.
    This was just on bonus rewards. There are other factors to be considered, like the ability to score a min of 8 stars to gain max rewards (considering lower bases having to hit upwards), the lack of options to rotate rosters since fielding the strongest roster is needed to even stand a chance at winning, team morale (I don't think anyone enjoys losing due to roster strength).

Having said this, my team is set on getting promoted after this season to M2. As mentioned in another thread, we are not deliberately tanking, just doing our usual best, and we should be winning all 7 matches this season with a strong lead in number of stars. We only have 10 TH12s, and reading somewhere that M2 is seeing 13 - 15 TH12s in their roster, we expect to drop the following season. At the end of the day, it all depends on the enjoyment of the game, and how each clan organises their team to achieve that, so if a team decides to sand bag to enjoy the maximum benefits, I can completely understand them.

Pro Member
    Good going Domz..

Ok we faced him (yes not ‘them’) he attacked 4 mins apart account after account all attacks done in the first hour. Every hit was identical army to the troop amount (queen walk miners). He then needed us to win the last war for him to get promoted. He tried to get into our clan. But we met in a mutral clan to see what he wanted, he told us all accounts were his and he has 20 accounts. And already has a champs 1 clan. What really annoys me is, he should be doing wars in champs 1 instead of praying on the weaker clan. We get close to going up each month but to lose to a clan that’s clearly better then champs 3 quality

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by Domz69 View Post
    Ok we faced him (yes not ‘them’) he attacked 4 mins apart account after account all attacks done in the first hour. Every hit was identical army to the troop amount (queen walk miners). He then needed us to win the last war for him to get promoted. He tried to get into our clan. But we met in a mutral clan to see what he wanted, he told us all accounts were his and he has 20 accounts. And already has a champs 1 clan. What really annoys me is, he should be doing wars in champs 1 instead of praying on the weaker clan. We get close to going up each month but to lose to a clan that’s clearly better then champs 3 quality
    Yeah mate.. I kinda figured that was likely the case..
    I run 14 out of 15 each day, only not so well.

looks like he is doing same as me.. Finish my shift, get cleaned up, eat, attack, cook and request troops, bed.. Rinse repeat.
    Only base that takes time is the top one, which has camp space left to fill next days cc and donate cc troops for next day

I can understand why he uses the lower clan, as no real attack plan, simply rely on experience and troop power (is why I choose valks, they are more neutral to any base shape than my usual loons).
    It isnt usually much fun.. More a case of something else to be done before bed.. but we do it anyway.. Clash becomes a way of life lol.

Interestingly, this season tho, I lost 3 wars already, am lying 4th, and due to the randomness of the round robin draw, I can still be promoted, as I am only 1 and 19 stars behind 3rd and 2nd.. with 2nd playing the runaway leaders last round.. Is keeping me engaged.

Quote Originally Posted by samratulangi View Post
    Good Question Josh, but

1. having real live
    2. one person 15 TH12s
    3. Getting 36+ stars most wars
    4. Precook armies

I think you need to select any two to remove, lol
    Hi Sam.. Been a while mate.. Will be joining up with Major, Viking and the guys after this.. You should pop over.. great bunch of guys.

I agree with you mate.. Unfortunately for me, the 12s and the 36+ stars are often the case.. Although the 3 days I won were scores above that
    Last edited by joshsgrandad; 1 Week Ago at 06:08 AM.

KillerEliteUK, SniperEliteUK, VoodooEliteUK
    regarding splitting for CWL.

we run 3 CWL's every season 1 in Champs and 2 in Crystal/Masters.

these are run across 3 clans and 2/3rds of our main clan goes to support the other clans. It works well but can hit morale if not supported properly..

Forum Veteran
    Yeah mate.. I kinda figured that was likely the case..
    I run 14 out of 15 each day, only not so well.

looks like he is doing same as me.. Finish my shift, get cleaned up, eat, attack, cook and request troops, bed.. Rinse repeat.
    Only base that takes time is the top one, which has camp space left to fill next days cc and donate cc troops for next day

I can understand why he uses the lower clan, as no real attack plan, simply rely on experience and troop power (is why I choose valks, they are more neutral to any base shape than my usual loons).
    It isnt usually much fun.. More a case of something else to be done before bed.. but we do it anyway.. Clash becomes a way of life lol.

Interestingly, this season tho, I lost 3 wars already, am lying 4th, and due to the randomness of the round robin draw, I can still be promoted, as I am only 1 and 19 stars behind 3rd and 2nd.. with 2nd playing the runaway leaders last round.. Is keeping me engaged.

Hi Sam.. Been a while mate.. Will be joining up with Major, Viking and the guys after this.. You should pop over.. great bunch of guys.

I agree with you mate.. Unfortunately for me, the 12s and the 36+ stars are often the case.. Although the 3 days I won were scores above that
    which clan?
    https://www.clashofstats.com/clans/a...LPP80/members/

Engineered clan focused on crafting optimized bases