Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Is CoC as an esport a good thing? I think not.

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaronjs View Post
    Coc as an e-sport is awful for the game. Overall game balance now has to consider this new revenue stream. The game simply cannot be made easier for the common player without making it too easy for the elite players and ruining the e-sports following. Honestly, I’m very near done with the game and have no faith that it will ever receive balance that it needs to keep me interested. I wish I could go back to th9.
    You have 551 posts to your name, so arent new to community forums.
    Surely you have seen all the threads/posts, asking for more updates/upgrades.
    Every addition to the game increases the size, and therefore the complexity.. But this would happen either with or without ESL.

SC have always tried to keep offence/defence balanced, rather than let the game degrade into a shoot em up..
    Did you play TH10 or 11 pre siege?.. 3 stars on a decent base was for coc gods, and a top hall differential in war usually decided the outcome.. The game is easier/more balanced now than back then.

Nothing needs to change from how it is now.. They played out the first season under these conditions..
    The nerf/buff cycle keeps the game fresh.. But the main difference between those elite players and the rest, is the way they set up their base, and use those troops..

In the meantime, many/most of the player base around the world, that never visited forum, are likely to be completely oblivious to what is happening at the sharp end of the game..
    Heck, there are still plenty of people whom complain about mismatches in cwl, and never even heard of war weight, let alone understand or utilise it.

I dont see how it is going to affect anybody in particular.. And its a great way of blaming SC for nerfing their go to war comp.

Quote Originally Posted by joshsgrandad View Post
    You have 551 posts to your name, so arent new to community forums.
    Surely you have seen all the threads/posts, asking for more updates/upgrades.
    Every addition to the game increases the size, and therefore the complexity.. But this would happen either with or without ESL.

SC have always tried to keep offence/defence balanced, rather than let the game degrade into a shoot em up..
    Did you play TH10 or 11 pre siege?.. 3 stars on a decent base was for coc gods, and a top hall differential in war usually decided the outcome.. The game is easier/more balanced now than back then.

Nothing needs to change from how it is now.. They played out the first season under these conditions..
    The nerf/buff cycle keeps the game fresh.. But the main difference between those elite players and the rest, is the way they set up their base, and use those troops..

In the meantime, many/most of the player base around the world, that never visited forum, are likely to be completely oblivious to what is happening at the sharp end of the game..
    Heck, there are still plenty of people whom complain about mismatches in cwl, and never even heard of war weight, let alone understand or utilise it.

I dont see how it is going to affect anybody in particular.. And its a great way of blaming SC for nerfing their go to war comp.
    I was going to type an entire speal responding to the last 8 pages of entries I just read but you just nailed everything I wanted to say.

We should honestly be THANKFUL that COC is COMPETITIVE enough to be considered an E-sports title. Has anyone even considered that? Out of all the mobile games you have downloaded or paid for, to your devices, how many have become E-sports level? Zero I'm guessing. So, now some of you are saying this is going to ruin the game and balance it for only the E-sports level competitors? That is just preposterous. At the end of the day they are running a business and balancing the game to favor the few does them no good. Thinking that they are going to favor the few instead of the many is just ignorant and wrong.

I started playing this game when the chef I worked for was playing, he didnt have the time to worry about balancing, patches, e-sports or even when an update was coming. We just played together on a smoke break and had TONS OF FUN. So I was one of those people that didn't even notice what was going on. (If my memory serves correctly th10 had just been released).

Thank you SuperCell. You guys are legends.
    Last edited by HxcRobb; 20 Hours Ago at 07:14 AM.
    Me: #2GCCLCOGG
    Clan: #L8PVQQ999
    Join us if you like a chill war clan that always donates! PLUR

3.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #73
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaronjs View Post
    Coc as an e-sport is awful for the game.
    Why?

Nothing else you have said inductaes that, or even has much relevance to it.

Overall game balance now has to consider this new revenue stream.
    No it doesn't.

The game simply cannot be made easier for the common player without making it too easy for the elite players and ruining the e-sports following.
    I really hope they don't even try to make it "easier for the common player". I am very much one of those "common players", and I find it plenty easy enough. If it were much easier I would soon get bored. But whether making it easier for the common player makes it too easy for the elite has nothing to do with ESL

Honestly, I’m very near done with the game and have no faith that it will ever receive balance that it needs to keep me interested. I wish I could go back to th9.
    The game is as balanced as it has ever been at the moment. At the top TH, there are at least half a dozen very viable strategies. Most days in low legends, most attacks on me are different strategies.

Now Ok, at that level, it is quite rare for us mere mortals to get three stars, but IMO, that is as it should be.

And if you want to go back to TH9, start another account. With all the price and time reductions and magic items now in the game, you should be able to get there in 2-3 months.
    Last edited by Ajax; 19 Hours Ago at 08:16 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)

Hey Ajax! I agree. Nothing else to be said to be honest.
    Me: #2GCCLCOGG
    Clan: #L8PVQQ999
    Join us if you like a chill war clan that always donates! PLUR

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    You are alone in interpreting it that way because it isn't actually what they said. They never said at all that it is "because" of that.

They have said they don't want the championships to be played with new stuff, but they have never said anything to suggest we would have had any otherwise.
    Perhaps this is why I feel like they didn't add stuff because of the World Championship... not sure how I am alone in interpeting it this way.

LINK

Darian: In this update, we didn't add any troop or building levels or anything that would have changed the game play, largely because we've got our World Championship just couple weeks away. So any kind of changes like that would have an effect on the competitive landscape, and giving these clans just a couple of weeks to adjust isn't really fair to the competition. Like I said, we are saving a lot of this stuff for the update towards the end of the year. And it's going to be a very big one. There are a few other quality of life updates going into this content release, so make sure you keep an eye out for the full detailed patch notes on release day
    Last edited by PhilISuppose; 1 Hour Ago at 02:50 AM.

Your brilliant new idea is already ruled out, here. Why CWL is straight after Season Pass ends, here.
    There's no matchmaking in CWL. Contact support, here, forum players can't always help.
    Current trader cycle. Before posting, are you just feeding the troll?

In my opinion, the only way that ESL can affect game updates is that each player shows 3 stars in every attack with spam.

Did they?

Hehe for the "because". Guess who got a lesson?