Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Is CoC as an esport a good thing? I think not.

Pro Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rst View Post
    I feel sorry for your neighbours.
    Bummer, I was really hoping the were coming round to my rendition of 'Stairway to Heaven'

Just glancing at a few of these posts. Having been playing the game & lurking on the forums for years, I have one thought that keeps running through my head about the idea that e-sports for a few are delaying content for the many.

I’m sure someone can correct me if I’m wrong, but isn’t the October update usually fairly minor in comparison to December. Halloween decor, QoL changes, maybe balancing. Same with Spring. Seems to me Summer and Winter are always the biggest ones, content-wise.

Just my impression—someone else can link a table of update stats for the last seven years if you want to split hairs, lol.

“They probably think we’re carefully planning attacks with our headphones and professional grade iPads. Then here we are talking about whatever this is.” —FEI

Quote Originally Posted by MommySnooks View Post
    Just glancing at a few of these posts. Having been playing the game & lurking on the forums for years, I have one thought that keeps running through my head about the idea that e-sports for a few are delaying content for the many.

I’m sure someone can correct me if I’m wrong, but isn’t the October update usually fairly minor in comparison to December. Halloween decor, QoL changes, maybe balancing. Same with Spring. Seems to me Summer and Winter are always the biggest ones, content-wise.

Just my impression—someone else can link a table of update stats for the last seven years if you want to split hairs, lol.
    I don't think you are wrong. I think some people have overreacted to the statement that they aren't adding a bunch of big new game-play content right before the ESL finals. Some seem to suggest the content is created and ready to go and SC is just holding it back when that is not the case.

Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. Click here for answer on how cc troops deploy (hint, it depends) and more info here. I'm still thinking starting the "new" legends at Legends2 at 5500 and having Legends3 be for 5000-5499 would be good (with season resets to 5000 and 5500 depending on your trophies at season end) but overall I LOVE the Legends change. Thanks SC.

As soon as they are saying "No major content before the World Champs is decided" then it is bad.

Millions of players wait longer for new content so that a fraction of a fraction of a fraction of players don't have to worry about new content added for the World Champs.

I'll be honest, I have almost no interest in what's coming in this update.

Your brilliant new idea is already ruled out, here. Why CWL is straight after Season Pass ends, here.
    There's no matchmaking in CWL. Contact support, here, forum players can't always help.
    Current trader cycle. Before posting, are you just feeding the troll?

Quote Originally Posted by PhilISuppose View Post
    As soon as they are saying "No major content before the World Champs is decided" then it is bad.

Millions of players wait longer for new content so that a fraction of a fraction of a fraction of players don't have to worry about new content added for the World Champs.

They have not said they have new content ready that they are holding because of the ESL finals. I look at it this way, they had to work on the stuff in the October update and the stuff in the December update. It makes sense to do it in the order the selected due to the ESL finals even though I am max and wish I had the December stuff now. I could see being a bit irritated by that order, but I think that is different than how some are suggesting they have new content ready to go that they are holding until the ESL finals are over. Also, for all we know, the December update stuff would be coming in December even if there were no ESL finals.

Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. Click here for answer on how cc troops deploy (hint, it depends) and more info here. I'm still thinking starting the "new" legends at Legends2 at 5500 and having Legends3 be for 5000-5499 would be good (with season resets to 5000 and 5500 depending on your trophies at season end) but overall I LOVE the Legends change. Thanks SC.

Assuming the december update is th13 or other content for max players, it is a fraction of a fraction of players that care whether it is october or december.
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22

Centennial Club

I don't think millions of players are at max th12. And as long as they aren't, they have "new" content. The ones that are at max th12 are only a fraction of a fraction of the playerbase.

The players who will compete in hamburg spend a lot of time practicing and even more time with building and testing bases.
    A sudden meta change would be like a kick in the face to them, as they have to build new bases and practice the new meta strategies.
    It's also not fair to the hundreds of thousands of viewers who will watch the Championship.

8.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #58

Millions of players wait longer for new content
    Do they? What makes you say that?

Dp you have any evidence whatsoever that there would have been major content in this update? It would be unusual for the October update to have major content. The bigger one is usually December.

so that a fraction of a fraction of a fraction of players don't have to worry about new content added for the World Champs.
    That wouldn't really be true either. It isn't for the benefitof those players, it is for the benefit of the contest and the publicity it generates.

Very little of what has been announced interests me either, since I neveruseglobal, and our clan doesn't recruit. But that is just personal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    Dp you have any evidence whatsoever that there would have been major content in this update? It would be unusual for the October update to have major content. The bigger one is usually December.
    I can't find an October update from any previous year with NO content, so I'll stick with my previous comment.
    It's been a LONG time maxed now, opposition in Legends and in CWL suggests that's a pretty common state to be in.

Your brilliant new idea is already ruled out, here. Why CWL is straight after Season Pass ends, here.
    There's no matchmaking in CWL. Contact support, here, forum players can't always help.
    Current trader cycle. Before posting, are you just feeding the troll?

Quote Originally Posted by MommySnooks View Post

Always worth skimming through the 'Announcements' for details of previous updates etc. I often do this
    https://forum.supercell.com/forumdis...-Announcements

To generalise however, October hasn't usually been a major new content update!

I can't find an October update from any previous year with NO content, so I'll stick with my previous comment.
    It's been a LONG time maxed now, opposition in Legends and in CWL suggests that's a pretty common state to be in.
    Lets not forget that there was 2.5 years between TH11 and TH12.
    While the Design team and Darian have often posted that they wish to reduce this future 'New TH level' timeframe, that 2.5 years was real enough, which is why my main is still a mid TH12, and not a maxed one.
    Clan Name : SOUTH WEST 45, Clan Tag : #90LP2PL. Highest Win Streak 12!
    Clan Details : Established 2012! Adult, English speaking International Level 15 War Clan (twice a week). Recruitment Thread : https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...10-s-to-TH12-s My Spec : Early TH12.