Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Is CoC as an esport a good thing? I think not.

Centennial Club

Is CoC as an esport a good thing? I think not.

Iím concerned that making CoC a professional esport will split the goals of the development team. They need to make the game challenging and stable enough for paid professionals, but still satisfying for casual players. I think itís a tough line to walk.

In other esports which are of a more ďus vs. themĒ nature ó or in traditional sports for that matter ó you can have recreational match ups that are fair, and pro ones that are fair. But CoC is different. We all use the same defenses and bases regardless of player ability. So the game must be hard enough so that even pros have trouble getting 3*, and non-pro players still need to face those same bases rather than bases suitable to their own level of play.

Also, as with all e-sports, the creativity of the development team is now limited because the potential negative impact of major or interesting-but-flawed changes on professional players and leagues. I think the game will get stale, which a flaw seen in other games that have become full esports.

and that my friend is the reason why I don't play Clash Royale. I hate that game to death. Even the Devs of CR are afraid to make any serious change to the game thinking it would ruin the e sport nature. I don't want COC to become one.

Personally I don't care about esports so it doesn't matter to me, but from the information we heard recently that the October update won't have many changes because of the championships, or whatever it's called, is kind of annoying.

The fact that the contest is delaying/slowing down game content isn't something I'm overly happy with.

Level 18
    - 9,363/18,500| Master I
    BloodyIrishman - TH12 [Level 206] - #2 in TH12 Hall of Fame
    Follow this link if you're interested in joining!

Fresh Spawn
    No CoC cannot be e sport.
    As Darian said yesterday ( interview with youtuber )
    Because of championship we are getting less content in october update.
    And if it would ne esport it will ruin like clash royal.

Pennsylvania Ave
    Guys; donít forget to look at the other side to this.

If the esport element to coc ensures it receives more investment from SC and longevity then surely that has to be a good thing...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BloodyIrishman View Post
    Personally I don't care about esports so it doesn't matter to me, but from the information we heard recently that the October update won't have many changes because of the championships, or whatever it's called, is kind of annoying.

The fact that the contest is delaying/slowing down game content isn't something I'm overly happy with.
    I agree with irishman and here also same feeling for me..

Pennsylvania Ave
    Quote Originally Posted by DR5649 View Post
    I agree with irishman and here also same feeling for me..
    So if the outlook was one of two scenarios:

A) no delay in content but remove the esport now created and game closes down sooner
    Or
    B) embrace the esport element knowing that occasionally it may delay content release but ensures long term investment and the game lasting longer

Which would you think is the smarter business idea for SC and the better experience for us?

I am not an elite player but definitely prefer scenario B.
    Last edited by SteveoUk; 1 Week Ago at 08:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveoUk View Post
    So if the outlook was one of two scenarios:

A) no delay in content but remove the esport now created and game closes down sooner
    Or
    B) embrace the esport element knowing that occasionally it may delay content release but ensures long term investment and the game lasting longer

Which would you think is the smarter business idea for SC and the better experience for us?

I am not an elite player but definitely prefer scenario B.
    B. All day everyday. Stop whinging this is the future.

Quote Originally Posted by BloodyIrishman View Post

Once again the game suffers to acccomodate the few , just like them FWA players, which they continue to acccomodate. We have a forum to talk about things but as per usual it will fall on deaf / closed ears .
    Last edited by Ajax; 1 Week Ago at 12:24 PM.

Why would they make huge changes if people are okay with everything it offers?
    Gaming has no borders