Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Is CoC as an esport a good thing? I think not.

Quote Originally Posted by MommySnooks View Post
    Just glancing at a few of these posts. Having been playing the game & lurking on the forums for years, I have one thought that keeps running through my head about the idea that e-sports for a few are delaying content for the many.

I’m sure someone can correct me if I’m wrong, but isn’t the October update usually fairly minor in comparison to December. Halloween decor, QoL changes, maybe balancing. Same with Spring. Seems to me Summer and Winter are always the biggest ones, content-wise.

Just my impression—someone else can link a table of update stats for the last seven years if you want to split hairs, lol.
    Well, I don't have anything in a table, but I've found this reference handy when I want to see what was updated when: https://clashofclans.fandom.com/wiki/Version_History
    Quote Originally Posted by Rexcrush View Post
    This is totally disgusting and disappointing TOO. Nothing new content, nothing new news. Gave a big DISLIKE

Quote Originally Posted by PhilISuppose View Post
    I can't find an October update from any previous year with NO content, so I'll stick with my previous comment.
    It's been a LONG time maxed now, opposition in Legends and in CWL suggests that's a pretty common state to be in.
    Your original content suggests we aren’t getting that big December content until December because of the ESL finals. My question is how do you know this? Late 2019 or early 2020 has been the commonly predicted time frame for th13 even before we knew of any ESL finals issue.

Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. Click here for answer on how cc troops deploy (hint, it depends) and more info here. I'm still thinking starting the "new" legends at Legends2 at 5500 and having Legends3 be for 5000-5499 would be good (with season resets to 5000 and 5500 depending on your trophies at season end) but overall I LOVE the Legends change. Thanks SC.

Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    Your original content suggests we aren’t getting that big December content until December because of the ESL finals. My question is how do you know this? Late 2019 or early 2020 has been the commonly predicted time frame for th13 even before we knew of any ESL finals issue.
    My original comment doesn't mention December or TH13, I think you are reading a LOT between the lines here. (i.e. Making stuff up, putting words in my mouth)

I said that getting NO new content (by which I mean things to upgrade) is a bad thing, and especially bad if that is for the reason of the World Champs coming to an end.

Your brilliant new idea is already ruled out, here. Why CWL is straight after Season Pass ends, here.
    There's no matchmaking in CWL. Contact support, here, forum players can't always help.
    Current trader cycle. Before posting, are you just feeding the troll?

Pro Member
    I kind of think that having the world see how well the ai of the game works will be a game changer...
    it will be nice to put on public display how our favorite aq functions..the game lag ...having to push troop or spell buttons 4 or 5 times to get the buttons to function..

5.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #65
    My original comment doesn't mention December or TH13, I think you are reading a LOT between the lines here. (i.e. Making stuff up, putting words in my mouth)

I said that getting NO new content (by which I mean things to upgrade) is a bad thing, and especially bad if that is for the reason of the World Champs coming to an end.
    No you didn't, until after responing to my post, when you changed from saying no major content to NO content.

As was pointed out by me and others, we don't usually get major content in October.

Last year we did get a pretty major update (though not by your definition) with CWL, and we did get some new stuff - 3rd inferno for TH12 and tornado trap.

The year before was nothing new, just an extra level on two troops and two buildings.

Before that, one new item - the bomb tower. And one extra level on 3 troops and 1 building.

The point being that you really can't say that ESL championships have prevented us getting new stuff when we rarely do in October.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)

Whether th13 or some sort of other big content update (you referred to major content) it appeared to me you were stating you are upset because you believe that content is delayed due to the ESL championships. That is why I asked how you know this. If you are only saying IF there is major content ready to be released but it is being held back due to the ESL championships THEN you don't like it, that is different than the impression I had when you referenced millions of players waiting for new content due to the finals.

Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. Click here for answer on how cc troops deploy (hint, it depends) and more info here. I'm still thinking starting the "new" legends at Legends2 at 5500 and having Legends3 be for 5000-5499 would be good (with season resets to 5000 and 5500 depending on your trophies at season end) but overall I LOVE the Legends change. Thanks SC.

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    No you didn't, until after responing to my post, when you changed from saying no major content to NO content.

As was pointed out by me and others, we don't usually get major content in October.

Last year we did get a pretty major update (though not by your definition) with CWL, and we did get some new stuff - 3rd inferno for TH12 and tornado trap.

The year before was nothing new, just an extra level on two troops and two buildings.

Before that, one new item - the bomb tower. And one extra level on 3 troops and 1 building.

The point being that you really can't say that ESL championships have prevented us getting new stuff when we rarely do in October.
    So apart from the fact that we literally are NOT getting new upgrades in October and they have literally said that it is because they don't want changes made for their World Champs.
    Beyond those two statements from Supercell themselves, how else are we meant to interpret:

No new upgrades
    BECAUSE
    World Champs

I (personally) and I seem to be alone here, interpret that as "no new upgrades because of the World Champs"

but hey, what would I know...

Your brilliant new idea is already ruled out, here. Why CWL is straight after Season Pass ends, here.
    There's no matchmaking in CWL. Contact support, here, forum players can't always help.
    Current trader cycle. Before posting, are you just feeding the troll?

So apart from the fact that we literally are NOT getting new upgrades in October and they have literally said that it is because they don't want changes made for their World Champs.
    Beyond those two statements from Supercell themselves, how else are we meant to interpret:

No new upgrades
    BECAUSE
    World Champs

I (personally) and I seem to be alone here, interpret that as "no new upgrades because of the World Champs"

They haven't literally said that in any spot that I have seen, which is why I'm asking where you got that from. I do recall Darian saying we aren't going to get new upgrades dumped on us right before the ESL finals, I know that part. The part I'm asking you is whether you think they have new upgrades coded and ready to go and they are just holding them back due to the finals? I haven't seen that. You continue to say the reason we are not getting new upgrades is because of the ESL finals.

That might be true. Perhaps they had both of these big updates to work on, one new content to upgrade and one more related to the quality of life stuff, new recruiting system, etc. and they decided it would make sense to consider the ESL finals in deciding which one to do first.

Another possibility is the big content drop in December was always planned for the end of the year anyway, without regard to the ESL finals. As I said before, late 2019 was a common prediction for it even before the issue of the ESL finals. It is very possible the ESL finals aren't even changing the timing of that planned big content upgrade and Darian's comments in response to people guessing are more like "well, think about it, we aren't dropping a new hall right before the finals."

Finally, it is also possible the big content update is ready to go and they are delaying it because of the finals. I haven't seen that stated anywhere other than in posts like yours though, not from SC.
    I don't think they have the December stuff finished yet and there is good reason to think that since Darian suggested exactly that.
    Last edited by 2222; 1 Day Ago at 12:10 PM.

9.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #69

No new upgrades
    BECAUSE
    World Champs

You are alone in interpreting it that way because it isn't actually what they said. They never said at all that it is "because" of that.

They have said they don't want the championships to be played with new stuff, but they have never said anything to suggest we would have had any otherwise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)

Pro Member
    Coc as an e-sport is awful for the game. Overall game balance now has to consider this new revenue stream. The game simply cannot be made easier for the common player without making it too easy for the elite players and ruining the e-sports following. Honestly, I’m very near done with the game and have no faith that it will ever receive balance that it needs to keep me interested. I wish I could go back to th9.