Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 84

  Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Is CoC as an esport a good thing? I think not.

  1. #21
    I personally think adding an e-sport aspect to clash was one of the worst ideas. Reason, I have more than one.

    1) Most of the people who play clash are casual players. They don't even check in game news, talk about championships. So most (more than 90%) will neither participate nor watch.

    2) It might take around 2-5 years to max our base (large investment of time). So not many professional esport teams would try to take a risk , considering the amount of players already in competition.

    3) Unlike most popular esport games, clash of clans is a lot more p2w. You need to have max level of everything in order to stand a chance. And if any new levels get released, you need to gem them to try how they will effect your base or your opponents'. So only few 'elites' manage to pull it off.

    4) Clash of clans is popular worldwide, and has lots of under 18 players, which obviously constitutes of some of the most enthusiastic players who would love to watch e-sports. But since it is only available in English, which is not understandable by all, they never watch it.

    5) Most of the casual players just seek for new content. But when you add competitive aspect to it, you need to take actions cautiously, how it would be affecting present troops/strategies, which delays new content. Also some troops are difficult for casual players to use (hogs), but easy 3 star strategy for pros. Balancing such troops usually create difficulties and someone is compromised.

  2. #22
    Millennial Club Luicetarro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    1,272
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhruvik View Post
    I personally think adding an e-sport aspect to clash was one of the worst ideas. Reason, I have more than one.

    1) Most of the people who play clash are casual players. They don't even check in game news, talk about championships. So most (more than 90%) will neither participate nor watch.

    Should be the same for most games that have esports. Doubt a higher % of Fortnite-player are watching the championships, or LoL-tournaments, etc.

    2) It might take around 2-5 years to max our base (large investment of time). So not many professional esport teams would try to take a risk , considering the amount of players already in competition.

    Recruit from already maxed, or near maxed player. There are plenty. Besides, aren't Championships held on seperate server, making farming bases obsolete? Or am I mistaken there?

    3) Unlike most popular esport games, clash of clans is a lot more p2w. You need to have max level of everything in order to stand a chance. And if any new levels get released, you need to gem them to try how they will effect your base or your opponents'. So only few 'elites' manage to pull it off.

    See above for farming. If I'm mistaken there, ignore my input here.

    4) Clash of clans is popular worldwide, and has lots of under 18 players, which obviously constitutes of some of the most enthusiastic players who would love to watch e-sports. But since it is only available in English, which is not understandable by all, they never watch it.

    As soon it's interresting enough for others to report about a tournament, other languages will follow.

    5) Most of the casual players just seek for new content. But when you add competitive aspect to it, you need to take actions cautiously, how it would be affecting present troops/strategies, which delays new content. Also some troops are difficult for casual players to use (hogs), but easy 3 star strategy for pros. Balancing such troops usually create difficulties and someone is compromised.

    It's a doubleedged sword. There is a meta and the next step is to design a base against said meta. If hogs are strong, design something against them. If you get rolled by pekka then, implement something against pekka into your hogbase. If you get steamrolled by dragons, try to implement something against them. You can't protect against everything, but do surprisingly well enough against a variety of compositions. Basedesigner have a meaning and it's them, that truly win a war. Everyone can grab a strategy and train that. Everyone can copy a base.
    But developing a unique base is something you truly have to learn for yourself to be successful. They make or break meta-attacks.
    Responses in red, to not multiquote.
    Last edited by Luicetarro; 1 Week Ago at 02:26 PM.

  3. #23
    Super Member Night Crawler's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    806
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterEdy View Post
    Personally, I don't think Clash of Clans has what it takes to join the big family of E-sports for way too many reasons.

    And as for those who say, that if CoC doesn't join E-sports it'll die sooner, think of other great games (even single-player ones) that are still played, strogner than ever, even years after release. Supercell is still in green numbers (I believe slightly higher after the release of Gold pass), and as long as the game keeps earning, they'll keep it up.

    totally agree, imo biggest reason CoC will not survive e-sports, is because there is not enough competition at the “elite” level........ us jimmy’s are only good for 2* attacks...... *yawn*....... and that will (and is) causing lack of interest on it’s own....... jimmy knows

    Join us for the biggest yearly event! Forum Elite, more info here

  4. #24
    Super Member Night Crawler's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    806
    Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    I'm not concerned at all about the content side of this. It looks like we will be getting a new hall faster than the time it took to get the last new hall despite the addition of esports. Sure, maybe something like the finals could delay the release of something new by a short time period, but I don't see that as much of an issue at all, especially if the addition of esports makes the game last longer, makes it more profitable (so there is reason to keep adding new content), etc.

    I do have some concern over the balancing side of things because what is unbalanced for the very top less than a half a percent of players is not always the same as what is fun and balanced for the rest of us. That said, I think th12 has great balance and we have esports at the same time so....
    agreed again.........

    Join us for the biggest yearly event! Forum Elite, more info here

  5. #25
    Forum Elder Colin94's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    2,049
    I think the difficulty at the moment is perfect. Professional clans get a lot of 3 stars now (that's good for entertainment when watching wars like world championships) and even casual players can get 3 stars.

    What I would like to see is 15 more seconds. Used 3/4 pekka smash attacks in cwl because with queen charge I always run out of time. Spam is a bit too strong at the moment thanks to the level 40 gw.

  6.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #26
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterEdy View Post
    Sigh.

    First please read what people say before replying to them, as I clearly said any new content for main hall up until now,


    I know perfectlky well what you said. Which is why I said "The bigger reason for not having a major main base release recently was almost certainly BH9."

    Perhaps you could practice what you preach?

    and secondly, season challenges are no more new content than regular events we had already. No new troop, no new building, no new spell was added for the main hall.
    I disagree about them not being new content. They were quite a major release. Agreeed that they weren't new building, spells or troops.

    Secondly - please point me towards any major main village game-play changes that were made this year since the Championship started.
    Since you don't accept anything but TH, troops or spells , then no there haven't been any.

    /Edit: I thought we were told that development of BB won’t by any means slow down the development of main hall. Or did that change recently?
    I don't recall ever being told that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)

  7. #27
    Forum Contender MasterEdy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    South East of China, not that far away from Shanghai, or Hong Kong, just where my heart is...
    Posts
    4,539
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    I know perfectly well what you said. Which is why I said "The bigger reason for not having a major main base release recently was almost certainly BH9."

    Perhaps you could practice what you preach?
    No, you said that in the second paragraph, and now you’re deliberately trying to ignore what you said in the first. But I’m not going to play the semantics game with you.


    Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    I disagree about them not being new content. They were quite a major release.
    Did it (gold pass) change they the way we’re playing? Did it change the meta? Did it change the layouts? Did it change the army compositions? I hardly think so. Major release? Yes. Content release? Please....


    Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    Since you don't accept anything but TH, troops or spells , then no there haven't been any.
    Glad we can agree on something. And no, I don’t only accept TH, so please don’t assume as much - I thought assuming here was frowned upon, many times by you personally. I am not one of them “BB haters”, I’d like to see it improved so it could be enjoyed by majority.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    I don't recall ever being told that.
    Then, mind you, scroll all the way down when the BB was released, to see official comments by the officials.
    Last edited by MasterEdy; 1 Week Ago at 05:23 PM.

  8. #28
    The esports that esl brought to clash this year is a good place for clash of clans to be. Something more than traditional leagues for players to compete in, a chance to win some money, and a lot of entertainment. This will help gain interest in the game, and retain older players with max accounts. These tournaments can easily be scheduled around major updates, so there’s really no negative for players who aren’t interested

  9.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #29
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterEdy View Post
    No, you said that in the second paragraph, and now you’re deliberately trying to ignore what you said in the first. But I’m not going to play the semantics game with you.
    You are the one who accused me of not reading what you wrote, because I mentioned BH9. YOU are alsonthe 8ne who ignored my second paragraph, which proved quite clearly that I had.

    I'm not playing any kind of semantics game here, I just get annoyed at being told I haven't read a post when it is quite clear I had.


    Did it (gold pass) change they the way we’re playing? Did it change the meta? Did it change the layouts? Did it change the army compositions? I hardly think so. Major release? Yes. Content release? Please....
    We will just have to agree to disagree on this one.


    Glad we can agree on something. And no, I don’t only accept TH, so please don’t assume as much - I thought assuming here was frowned upon, many times by you personally. I am not one of them “BB haters”, I’d like to see it improved so it could be enjoyed by majority.
    I never suggested you only acceot TH. And I wasn't assuming anything, I was basing it on your words "No new troop, no new building, no new spell was added for the main hall."

    I did miss "building", sorry about that.

    Then, mind you, scroll all the way down when the BB was released, to see official comments by the officials.
    I'm not going to spend half an hour or more searching for something I don't remember ever being said. I wouldn't be able to prove the negative anyhow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)

  10. #30
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    463
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    You are the one who accused me of not reading what you wrote, because I mentioned BH9. YOU are alsonthe 8ne who ignored my second paragraph, which proved quite clearly that I had.

    I'm not playing any kind of semantics game here, I just get annoyed at being told I haven't read a post when it is quite clear I had.




    We will just have to agree to disagree on this one.



    I never suggested you only acceot TH. And I wasn't assuming anything, I was basing it on your words "No new troop, no new building, no new spell was added for the main hall."

    I did miss "building", sorry about that.



    I'm not going to spend half an hour or more searching for something I don't remember ever being said. I wouldn't be able to prove the negative anyhow.


    Totally agree Ajax! He accused you! You totally read that post! Nice middle ground at agreeing to disagree! You never suggested or assumed anything!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •