Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: started clanwar search instead of cwl search, whats possibly wrong??

Fresh Spawn

started clanwar search instead of cwl search, whats possibly wrong??

~24 hours before the ongoing cwl starts i (clan leader) press as times before the clanwar button and start war with 15 members. Short after cwl startet i got the message "no clanwar opponent found". So seams i started a clanwar search and no cwl search. Ingame support told me this happened cause i did not sign in to cwl. ??? What could they mean? We play cwls before. Any ideas?

My clan is already in day 3 battle. The signup period is closed now, you waited too long.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warios View Post
    If they could implement a family clan feature, allowing movement between2 clans without the leave and get accepted system.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darian[Supercell] View Post
    We WOULD like to create some kind of "social network" to provide support systems to Clan families. It's been something on the discussion table before, but hasn't really moved beyond that.

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by powwow66 View Post
    ~24 hours before the ongoing cwl starts i (clan leader) press as times before the clanwar button and start war with 15 members. Short after cwl startet i got the message "no clanwar opponent found". So seams i started a clanwar search and no cwl search. Ingame support told me this happened cause i did not sign in to cwl. ??? What could they mean? We play cwls before. Any ideas?
    Just because you entered cwl in past seasons, doesnt automatically enrol your clan into the next one..
    There is a 48 hour window during which time a leader or co leader needs to actual begin a cwl search..
    Once that regular war spin timed out, you should have spun again for cwl..
    The badge for regular war is different to the cwl one. You need to take note of that.. there is no mistaking which is which.

As Doom says, you waited too long. There is no other choice for you but to roll normal wars this time.

Next season, watch the events tab, and make sure you are ready to go mate.
    Last edited by joshsgrandad; October 5th, 2019 at 06:30 PM.

4.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #4
    Quote Originally Posted by powwow66 View Post
    During the 48 hour sign up window for CWL, you CANNOT sign up for classic Clan war. This is designed so that it is imnpossible for a clan to be unable to sign up for CWL due to starting a normal war at the wrong time.

So you pressed the clan war search before that window started, and when it timed out on that search, you could then have started a CWL search.

Unfortunately, as the others have said, you have left it too late now. You needed to start CWL search within that 48 hour period.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)

Trainee
    We missed the sign up by 5 mins last month. We had a normal war running until the end of the first day and then took a while to sort out the roster. Went to do the search and just missed it.

Made sure we were ready this month.

I know the event mentions the 2 days sign up but it would be much clearer if the sign-up period was it's own event.
    TH12 - 65/65/40
    Sir Hearty
    *SouthernAmber*

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by SirHearty View Post
    We missed the sign up by 5 mins last month. We had a normal war running until the end of the first day and then took a while to sort out the roster. Went to do the search and just missed it.

Made sure we were ready this month.

I know the event mentions the 2 days sign up but it would be much clearer if the sign-up period was it's own event.
    It couldnt be much clearer now mate, to be fair..
    They advertise it long before the start, and once sign up starts, the war badge changes to cwl..

The event lasts 8 days, including prep day for first war, so anything over 8 days is the amount of time left for getting enrolled..
    What else could they possibly do to simplify it any further?

If a clan decides to spin for regular war when cwl is imminent, then it is on that clan if they dawdle once that war finishes..
    Why not simply enrol the whole clan, then there is a full day to decide whom makes the team.. Thats what most do, unless they split into different groups..

But then again, if there is a lot of sorting to do before the spin, you simply dont roll that last war.