Thread: Why I cannot change my farm name to "Don't water please"?

alternate between San Diego and Baltimore, USA

Why I cannot change my farm name to "Don't water please"?

When I am marking plants for a hood member to water for the Help Derby Task, I used to be able to easily change my farm name temporarily to "Don't water please" but for the past few months, maybe the past year, it keeps telling me it's an invalid name. I have tried "Dont water pls" and other combinations. I found that "Dont" is ok, but as soon as I add "water" it tells me the name is invalid. Does anyone have this problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Xtalline View Post
    When I am marking plants for a hood member to water for the Help Derby Task, I used to be able to easily change my farm name temporarily to "Don't water please" but for the past few months, maybe the past year, it keeps telling me it's an invalid name. I have tried "Dont water pls" and other combinations. I found that "Dont" is ok, but as soon as I add "water" it tells me the name is invalid. Does anyone have this problem?

I just checked this out myself. Same thing happened. What did work was “please don’t revive”, so the issue must be with “don’t water”?

”water me please” works

”don’t revive” works

”refrain from watering” works

while playing around with this, a certain combo of letters is offensive, starting and ending with a “t”
    Last edited by WussyPuss; October 5th, 2019 at 05:11 PM.
    Farm 141
    CoC TH11 BhB9 AQ 50 BK 50 GW 20
    established level 17 clan seeking willing warriors, donators and clan games enthusiasts

Need a Siege Machine/Donate a Siege Machine...

last character of "not" followed by the first 3 character of "water" constitue invalid name it seems.

alternate between San Diego and Baltimore, USA
    Thanks, Meonhoc and WussyPuss, for checking out what works and what does not! I decided to follow up with t followed by first 3 letters of water on google to understand why that is offensive! Wow...didn't know!

Quote Originally Posted by Xtalline View Post

I experimented with this. Like many blocked words that get asterisks in chat, you may not actually say anything bad but if two words that are next to each other can contain an offensive word if they are joined together, the app is programmed to display asterisks instead.

In your situation 'Don't water' if joined together... 'Don'♥♥♥♥er' contains the word '♥♥♥♥' which is programmed to be invalid.
    As you see, even this forum is programmed to block out the four letter word that is within. Starts and ends with the letter T.

As mentioned above can use Do not revive. Or .. Do not help trees-bushes, Helps are for Derby only.

But that works only for those that understand English or are respectful enough to honor your wish.
    Also rather use 'Do not' because some people do not understand contractions in various countries. Even in countries where English language is common, there are those who may be illiterate to reading contractions. Looking back up at the previous, Meonhoc pointed this out in short.

Please know that there are many who see only a help sign appear and do not look at your farm name or cannot see your farm name because it may be displayed in a limited space area where all they see is are a tiny portion followed by dots, example 'Do no....' . I find many times they would respectfully comply with your wishes but just failed to get your message. Same as if you posted in your chat to not water your trees. Some players may see the help sign before reading the chat.

I have followers who get my tree helps if the helps remain long time. So I do not put them out until I connect with the player in chat and ask how many needed. Then I put up what they need. I reserve revives just for this purpose so I do not like to waste any.
    Last edited by dtx725; October 6th, 2019 at 04:13 PM.