Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: CWL one year retrospective…has the dust settled?

Trainee

CWL one year retrospective…has the dust settled?

I was wondering what the community observations were on cwl matches now that we are one year in. In the beginning, we saw comments about matches with chaotic mix of town hall levels in many leagues. We hoped and speculated that the ‘skills based system’ would eventually sort out the clans for each league level. Reflecting back on cwl now vs the early months, have you observed this to have happened? What were your expectations vs. what you observed for the leagues you played in?
    ** always be curious **

Quote Originally Posted by LunaEclipse View Post
    I was wondering what the community observations were on cwl matches now that we are one year in. In the beginning, we saw comments about matches with chaotic mix of town hall levels in many leagues. We hoped and speculated that the ‘skills based system’ would eventually sort out the clans for each league level. Reflecting back on cwl now vs the early months, have you observed this to have happened? What were your expectations vs. what you observed for the leagues you played in?
    Although we technically are a year in, I think it (the dust settling) didn't actually start until the reward system was corrected to reward/encourage clans to try to win.

Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. Click here for answer on how cc troops deploy (hint, it depends) and more info here. How is war map placement of max halls determined you ask, check out threads like this one. Thank you SC for the new legends! I'd start it at 5500 and let farmers play 5000-5500, but overall it is a great improvement.

Nope, the dust settling hasn't started and it won't - not until things get changed ... which won't happen

Quote Originally Posted by JusMe View Post
    Nope, the dust settling hasn't started and it won't - not until things get changed ... which won't happen
    I suppose we would need to know what the OP means by the dust settling. If the idea is never facing clans that are much stronger or weaker, that will never happen. The point of a ladder system is to match such clans. If the thought is to never have clans intentionally losing and playing much lower than they otherwise could, that probably won't happen either since there are always odd exceptions to the general trend, but I'd say with the new reward system the general trend currently is to play to win, not to tank. The original problem of clans playing several tiers lower than they could have is going to be much more rare than it was at first with the faulty reward system.

Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. Click here for answer on how cc troops deploy (hint, it depends) and more info here. How is war map placement of max halls determined you ask, check out threads like this one. Thank you SC for the new legends! I'd start it at 5500 and let farmers play 5000-5500, but overall it is a great improvement.

Depends on where you are. In crystal 2 then 1, our matches over the past 4 or 5 rounds have been reasonable. Notice I didn't say even. Some clans stronger, some weaker than us but mostly within shouting distance. We arent seeing the extreme mismatch / sandbaggers that we were. Right now it meets my expectations for a ladder system with no weight based matching. As we can only report our experiences, not sure that says anything about the big picture.
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22

For my own clan, CWL has progressed exactly as was predicted for majority of clans last year. Like many other clans, we had some turbulence at first, two bad months with demotions, one good month with promotion. We then settled, as predicted, in a tier that we belong (C-1). Each month, we get stronger as our bases develop, but so does the competition. Which again, is "as expected". The normalized "strength" of the mid and upper tiers should become stronger each season, people are progressing!

So eventual placement in a status quo tier was projected, and sure enough, that is exactly what happened, since we had some, but minimal, change in our team roster.
    Last edited by rowman; October 1st, 2019 at 06:45 PM.

I really would like to see the ability to re-seed your clan in CWL. I've rejoined an old clan that had fallen way down the ladder from when I was previously there. It'll take months to get back to Crystal 1. So now, after recruitment and progression, we will be OP in Gold 2.

Thanks to DragonX101 for the awesome sig!

|STATS|

8.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #8
    Quote Originally Posted by JusMe View Post
    It has gone way beyond just starting in the higher leagues. In Crystal 1 last season, 6 of the other 7 clans in our league were within 3-4 total levels of us (Sum of TH levels).

It will probablynever settle to the point where there are NO wild mismatches, even in Crystal/masters, but it is certainly getting closer.

Lower leagues (bronze/silver) will probably never really settle because most of the clans with high TH levels down there aren't active enough to get promoted. At those levels, it is more about activity than about quality.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    It has gone way beyond just starting in the higher leagues. In Crystal 1 last season, 6 of the other 7 clans in our league were within 3-4 total levels of us (Sum of TH levels).

It will probablynever settle to the point where there are NO wild mismatches, even in Crystal/masters, but it is certainly getting closer.

Lower leagues (bronze/silver) will probably never really settle because most of the clans with high TH levels down there aren't active enough to get promoted. At those levels, it is more about activity than about quality.
    Agreed and that is where the definition becomes important. If by "dust settled" OP means in bronze league you can look at the colors of the halls when the match starts and see they are all the same, then no. However, if it means the clan has a reasonable chance to win a little more or less than half of their wars, then yes, the dust is settling.

My clan has leveled out as of 4 months ago to a position where as we are growing, skills are increasing, we are being promoted.

That being said, when we were a new clan that started (a bunch of TH10s and 11s with a rushed TH12 to donate sieges), we were slaying CWLs each month until we reached equilibrium.

That is where I still think the dust has not settled, is a new clan (or rebuilt clan), working their way up to equilibrium. They are essentially automatically disqualifying any clan that is in equilibrium the opportunity to be promoted.
    Last edited by Spartan1; October 1st, 2019 at 06:41 PM.