Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: CWL one year retrospective…has the dust settled?

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    Yes, dead bases do stay. Supercell reserve the right to remove them if inactive for 180 days, but AFAIK, they have never enforced that right.

We have one dead base that has been sitting in our clan for over a year now. We use it as filler in standard clan wars, where if you have to have an inactive, low level is best.
    There was a time when we would grab a th3 or th4 from global to fill in, but then matchmaking changes seemed to cause us to have long searches and/or matches against a strong defenseless base in the same spot (good changes in my opinion), so we created a couple new accounts, rushed them quickly to th8 and use them as fillers now. It works pretty well. We may move them to th9 when th13 drops if the spread from th13-8 is too big. The nice thing is we don't even have to raid with them at all. A little war loot and collectors is enough to upgrade th8 easy.

Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. Click here for answer on how cc troops deploy (hint, it depends) and more info here. How is war map placement of max halls determined you ask, check out threads like this one. Thank you SC for the new legends! I'd start it at 5500 and let farmers play 5000-5500, but overall it is a great improvement.

Millennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by joshsgrandad View Post
    I get where you are coming from 2222, and arent in the least bit surprised.
    I do learn much from your knowledge and insight, and usually my thoughts are in complete alignment..
    You simply want a competitive system, whereby everyone gives it their all, with the clan only performing at their active best..
    I applaud that, even tho I dont see the problem with utilising a dormant member.. And will continue to set up the best way for me..

But, moving on.. dead bases.. You are in the know mate.. I thought I read somewhere that "actual dead bases" eventually simply disappear from the game.. Am I mistaken?.. If not, then the "problem" will self fix at some point.

As you said, the OP seems to have backed off.. Maybe its his turn to add to his thread.. I am uncomfortable to be locking horns with one of my mentors.
    The "SuperCell removes dead bases" posts flood the forums at every new release/event.

The high amount of players raiding after a new release will mean fewer dead bases per active player. Then, the rumors die down again until the next major event or update.

Until Ajax says otherwise, I wouldn't give much thought to those posts.
    Last edited by move4ward; October 6th, 2019 at 02:02 PM.
    Well don't play it then. The game is all about having fun. If you don't find that aspect of it to be fun, then don't play it.
    What evidence I have seen suggests that most people are finding it fun. But obviously, not everybody will.

Fair comment about the dead bases guys.. Just thought i read about it somewhere.. guess not.

Centennial Club
    I dunno if it counts as the dust "settling", but I'm seeing more and more All Th12s in Masters leagues. The wars are very close and often come down to like 3stars difference or less...

I guess its the system filtering out Champions leagues, and high Masters into the correct tiers. We're running 13/2 in M2 and so far, I've seen All Th12 twice, a 14/1 and a 13/2 (won all of the not 15 th12s so far), bouncing around 4-5th so I'm happy I guess, just hoping we don't get pushed down lol

Trainee
    i will confess…my clan pads the war map with as many as 3 inactive th12s so we are running at least 13 th12s per war in cwl. Some of them have been inactive for months. We’ve been floating quite easily for a few months now between 2nd & 4th place in Masters 3 with our mediocre attacks. Highly unfair considering most of our opponents often field a few th10s and th11s. Our missed attacks are from abandoned accounts; their missed attacks are because the lower ths have no reasonable targets. Not my call but try complaining to the clan when you’re winning 4-6 wars per cwl season.

So, how common is this? I don’t really know but i would guess a lot more frequently as you go lower in the leagues. We have heard some of this from other posts in this thread.

Unfortunately, my question about abandoned accounts had narrowed the discussion. I am also wondering about clans with a wide range of th since cwl was introduced. How have they changed their clan make up or cwl strategy over this past year? Do most clans put a narrow th range (1-3) into cwl or just put in everyone who wants in, regardless of whether there might be targets to hit in their respective leagues?

Quote Originally Posted by LunaEclipse View Post
    i will confess…my clan pads the war map with as many as 3 inactive th12s so we are running at least 13 th12s per war in cwl. Some of them have been inactive for months. We’ve been floating quite easily for a few months now between 2nd & 4th place in Masters 3 with our mediocre attacks. Highly unfair considering most of our opponents often field a few th10s and th11s. Our missed attacks are from abandoned accounts; their missed attacks are because the lower ths have no reasonable targets. Not my call but try complaining to the clan when you’re winning 4-6 wars per cwl season.

So, how common is this? I don’t really know but i would guess a lot more frequently as you go lower in the leagues. We have heard some of this from other posts in this thread.

Unfortunately, my question about abandoned accounts had narrowed the discussion. I am also wondering about clans with a wide range of th since cwl was introduced. How have they changed their clan make up or cwl strategy over this past year? Do most clans put a narrow th range (1-3) into cwl or just put in everyone who wants in, regardless of whether there might be targets to hit in their respective leagues?
    HaHa Luna.. Nice confession.. next you will be saying you pad your war roster with as many as 3 TH3's lol.. Damned engineer..

So far as the discussion goes, that is normal for the course in a good thread.. Somebody raises a talking point, and the banter follows, till somebody raises the next key point..

So far as roster spread.. At the old clan, we started off with an all in approach, but as we rose thru the tiers, we began to use more weight, with swaps at the bottom to allow for juniors..
    Once the 30v option was released, we reverted back to more relaxed, since cover could be given to the little guys.. Within reason.. Pointless using a base that cant score nor defend.. Being in a settled tier helps with choosing there.

But I left that clan.. Now its just me, and an old friend (with the sleeping 12).. I simply use my biggest most wars (12 thru 9), with the view I can swap the bottom near the end if a 7 can get a sniff.

I want to see actual statistics on how many of these "dead" bases actually end up in CWL. Again, just because a clan is full of accounts that don't attack does not at all mean they are inactive for long periods of time. They may only play once a week, or once a day. Or they may play hours a day and not bother with war.

In my wars in lower tiers with heavy opponents most of the time they simply didn't attack. They did not appear to even mostly be inactive. I mean sure there was occasionally a clan with shieldless players who never attacked, but these were more the exception.
    TMBG War Clan always recruiting - Wars with TH8-12
    TMBG Discord server:
    https://discord.gg/aXdgW6w
    TH10 - Doctor Worm permamax (for now)
    TH11 - doug 50/50/20 heroes