Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: CWL one year retrospective…has the dust settled?

Centennial Club
    It seems to me, that indeed the dust is settled in upper tiers like crystal 1. Mostly...

With the 2 demotions out of master 3 but only 1 promotion more heavier/ more skilled clans are forced into crystal league...
    So here they settle

Down in silver there will never be a settlement due to the high fluctuation of bases and activity...
    TH12 (55/65/39) TH12 (51/52/20)
    TH10 (25/36/ -) TH9 (18/20/ -)

I find the 10 star for a win and star count for ranking unfair. It should be straight win vs loss, star count to break ties in ranking.

Seen so many win all and still not promoted.

I feel like the dust has settled for the most part for crystal and above.

However, supercell seriously needs to adjust the initial mm. We were put in crystal 1 with 2 12s, 9 11s and 4 9s. These are not maxed war bases either, many are rushed. We are going to get killed.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinwhit View Post
    However, supercell seriously needs to adjust the initial mm. We were put in crystal 1 with 2 12s, 9 11s and 4 9s. These are not maxed war bases either, many are rushed. We are going to get killed.
    We have a probably slightly better roster and typically have no chance in crystal II, but easily managed to be promoted again into it. So your team sounds very much like crystal III to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefenclog42 View Post
    Rosters full of inactive th12’s in gold 2 are no fun for anyone. Sure only 1 or two members use attacks and that clan will most likely drop to gold 3 at the end of the season.
    Next season everyone wastes a cwl day facing the same clan where no one can get stars against them.
    would be helpful if only clans that were active could participate, like 15 members with a league badge at least.
    Does that happen often? Rosters full of th12s in gold? I agree it wouldn’t be fun facing that over and over, but if it is just now and then It isn’t a big deal. I’d just strategize the best way to get the most stars and move on to the next, maybe with a win.

Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. Click here for answer on how cc troops deploy (hint, it depends) and more info here. How is war map placement of max halls determined you ask, check out threads like this one. Thank you SC for the new legends! I'd start it at 5500 and let farmers play 5000-5500, but overall it is a great improvement.

Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    Does that happen often? Rosters full of th12s in gold? I agree it wouldn’t be fun facing that over and over, but if it is just now and then It isn’t a big deal. I’d just strategize the best way to get the most stars and move on to the next, maybe with a win.
    To be honest it happened twice last season in gold 2, our little guys (semi new th9’s ) weren’t able to get any stars and definitely isn’t unusual. We have faced these clans regularly the last few seasons. They’re not sandbagging, just dead clans with one or two active co-leaders who spin the wheel. They stomp with their attacks but ultimately their clan gets demoted. Eventually bronze league may be filled with dead clans sporting a full th12 roster lol.
    We just try to snipe a star where we can and move on to the next round where we can be competitive again. Unfortunately when it happens it nullifies a whole cwl day for every other clan that faces them.

Forum Veteran
    First war in cwl today, crystal1, and we’re paired against a clan with 5 rushed 12s, 4 weak 11s, and 6 th10s. We start with 11 th12s and 4 th11s. Seems there’s always 2 clans like this in every cwl. After a few wars they usually stop filling ccs and attacking.

The thing for us, and am sure is the same for many clans, is that we usually win 6 wars but don’t move up. We’ll have a few no shows and sub them out, then start rotating everyone with 8 stars out and switch smaller ths in. Keeps everyone with their share of medals and plenty of bonuses for the smaller guys that struggle. Is only about medals and nothing else, and the best way to capitalize on those is to settle in where your entire clan benefits the most.

TH12...level 243...65/65/40...gg 2 bil...ee 2 bil...hh 36 mil...atb 6032

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefenclog42 View Post
    To be honest it happened twice last season in gold 2, our little guys (semi new th9’s ) weren’t able to get any stars and definitely isn’t unusual. We have faced these clans regularly the last few seasons. They’re not sandbagging, just dead clans with one or two active co-leaders who spin the wheel. They stomp with their attacks but ultimately their clan gets demoted. Eventually bronze league may be filled with dead clans sporting a full th12 roster lol.
    We just try to snipe a star where we can and move on to the next round where we can be competitive again. Unfortunately when it happens it nullifies a whole cwl day for every other clan that faces them.
    I would think rosters full of 12s would be unusual.
    I have seen heavy rosters on my way up from Bronze, but never 15x 12s.
    i never even saw a full 12 outfit in my many seasons with the old clan, which spent most of its time in Crystal 3.

I think there will have to be a lot of growth, coupled with a massive upturn in activity, for those heavy rosters to sink to the bottom.
    I have easily won every season so far, on my way up to Gold 2, but havent seen a heavy clan demoted in any group i played so far..
    There are too many inactive lesser clans that spin cwl for those big boys to be dropping all the way down, i would expect.

As for them killing the fun.. I shrug.
    A base is a base.. All bases are there to be hit.. Some are easier than others.
    The format allows for all roster weights to settle wherever their performance takes them.. If it causes frustration more than anything else, then entering the clan may not be the best way forward.

true, Josh, same experience. However, in S1 last season there were 3 wars where we couldn't get more than 13-15 stars in a 30v war. We still won 6/7 and promoted LOL
    TMBG War Clan always recruiting - Wars with TH8-12
    TMBG Discord server:
    https://discord.gg/aXdgW6w
    TH10 - Doctor Worm permamax (for now)
    TH11 - doug 50/50/20 heroes

We entered in bronze 2 when we started the game and as a clan in Feb. Bronze 2 was dire. If you had a pulse you would win. Lots of bases bigger than ours, but maybe 10% showed up. Silver was terrible too. We had one in June where we came 3rd and that was as a result of way too heavy clans being in silver - likely a hangover from the old reward system. Now we’ve moved into gold 1 and gold has been the first league where it actually feels like war. We expect the CCs to be filled by all opponents, and largely they will participate. We’re doing 30vs now, and it still feels like it largely comes down to activity - we will usually have at least 28 of those 30 attack. We are still outgunned most wars (though we have had a bunch jump to TH11/TH12, which is going to make life interesting....) but these are at least fun. I never want to repeat that bronze and silver experience.

As as far as ranking, we had a slight snafu where someone thought they had to pick the 15 when they were doing the initial selection, so we had others bail to a new clan for that CWL. We were in gold 3, the rest went into gold 2, and it was a pretty even split in terms of bases/TH levels between the 2. They finished 3rd in gold 2 that season.

I’m all for total stars being the differentiator here - you can’t rely on using inactive accounts to make up the numbers and cover their attacks. It’s how you all do as a clan that determines your performance. So the clan that has everyone attacking every war does better than the one with 2/3rd activity that can win wars with big bases. Big bases make the outcome predetermined, if activity level is the same. Activity level is what allows us to differentiate ourselves as clans, so more active clans being more successful is fine by me.
    Started playing Jan 2019
    Convert from DomiNations
    Part of Sheepdogs - woof!
    TH11 - LOJY8UUP9