Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: CWL one year retrospective…has the dust settled?

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    It has gone way beyond just starting in the higher leagues. In Crystal 1 last season, 6 of the other 7 clans in our league were within 3-4 total levels of us (Sum of TH levels).

It will probablynever settle to the point where there are NO wild mismatches, even in Crystal/masters, but it is certainly getting closer.

Lower leagues (bronze/silver) will probably never really settle because most of the clans with high TH levels down there aren't active enough to get promoted. At those levels, it is more about activity than about quality.
    Agree. Masters and above seems to be about big bases now.. from there, thru the middle tiers, it seems to be a mix of heavier rosters vs better players.. Nearer the basement, it is purely activity based, so long as you have some firepower to actually score against some of them.

Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    Agreed and that is where the definition becomes important. If by "dust settled" OP means in bronze league you can look at the colors of the halls when the match starts and see they are all the same, then no. However, if it means the clan has a reasonable chance to win a little more or less than half of their wars, then yes, the dust is settling.
    There are more than a few heavy rosters down there mate, and it isnt just Bronze that is activity based.
    i have come up from Bronze, thru Silver, and am in Gold 2 this season (which I havent spun yet, as a war just finished).
    But there are many clans that could walk their group, if only they turned up.. There are also many clans that are way underweight, even at that lowly level.

So far as dust settling, I believe it is, and agree that it only began once they put the boot into sandbag farmers.
    But the dust is settling from the top down.. It seems Masters is fairly good now, so next it will be Crystal, which will happen as the accounts grow from season to season.. Below that tho, is where the inactivity is likely to continue to show.. things can only change if there is the will to do so, and clans actively look to achieve.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan1 View Post
    My clan has leveled out as of 4 months ago to a position where as we are growing, skills are increasing, we are being promoted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartan1 View Post

That being said, when we were a new clan that started (a bunch of TH10s and 11s with a rushed TH12 to donate sieges), we were slaying CWLs each month until we reached equilibrium.

That is where I still think the dust has not settled, is a new clan (or rebuilt clan), working their way up to equilibrium. They are essentially automatically disqualifying any clan that is in equilibrium the opportunity to be promoted.

I think the opposite mate.
    With the seeding they have in place, a new clan is likely to face clans heavier than themselves, unless they very recently changed the weighting system for initial tier placement
    Last edited by joshsgrandad; October 1st, 2019 at 07:36 PM.

Centennial Club
    We still get people starting the same complaint thread every single CWL, so I guess it depends on how you look at it

But yes, in my opinion we have smoothed out the inevitable bumpiness immediately following the first CWLs

Forum Veteran
    For the most part the settling began after they killed off the rewards for sandbagging. As of today I believe the majority of the settling will likely normalize by the end of the year. There will still be those who cannot let go of TH matching and still think of the world through winstreak coloured glasses so I don’t expect the complaints to go away anytime soon.

Not sure the dust will ever truly settle, as long as clans change character from month to month.
    Example:
    In January I recruit a TH12. Lucky me.
    In Feb I kick the TH12, when I discover the behavior that led to his being nomad to begin with.
    In March 3 members upgrade to TH12
    in April 4 members split off to form their own clan, free of all my stupid rules about being kind to one another.
    In May we merge with a tiny clan of five. They bring two TH12s and some minis.
    And so on...
    Our clan changes from month to month, growing stronger as we upgrade bases, and weaker as players lose interest and leave the game. We are never really the same clan from month to month. So for every time a little dust settles there are always things happening in the background to kick up a dust storm.
    I truly believe the recruitment tool will improve over time. Please read my posts on this topic not as complaints, but as a polite request for improvement. Often I include a suggestion, or an observation of an existing function that could make the tool function.
    Before we throw the baby out with the bath, I would like to remind you that recruiting in global was no picnic either. Mostly hoppers, very few serious players.

Quote Originally Posted by PapaTroll View Post
    Not sure the dust will ever truly settle, as long as clans change character from month to month.
    Example:
    In Feb I kick the TH12, when I discover the behavior that led to his being nomad to begin with.
    in April 4 members split off to form their own clan, free of all my stupid rules about being kind to one another.
    And so on...
    Our clan changes from month to month, growing stronger as we upgrade bases, and weaker as players lose interest and leave the game. We are never really the same clan from month to month. So for every time a little dust settles there are always things happening in the background to kick up a dust storm.
    That is how I expect it goes in most clans including my own. Every clan shifts up or down from month to month so that dust is mostly cooked into the cake already.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warios View Post
    If they could implement a family clan feature, allowing movement between2 clans without the leave and get accepted system.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darian[Supercell] View Post
    We WOULD like to create some kind of "social network" to provide support systems to Clan families. It's been something on the discussion table before, but hasn't really moved beyond that.

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by PapaTroll View Post
    Example:
    And so on...
    There wont be exact roster parity in many of the tiers any time soon, or rather localised within a clan in particular.
    But, there is an increasing number of clans that have big accounts to spare, more so in the upper most tiers.. For now..

TH13's release is going to have an effect on cwl, in that there will no longer be anyone maxed at the start of the halls day 1..
    But, with the faster progression, there will be more max 13s around (or higher percentage) when TH14 is released, than there are max 12's when TH13 is released..
    The easier it is to advance accounts, the more balanced cwl will become.. But that is simply looking at account weight, not skill.
    Last edited by joshsgrandad; October 1st, 2019 at 10:41 PM.

Forum Veteran
    Definitely settled for us. We spent the first several cwls bouncing back and forth between crystal1 and m3. As soon as the one up and two down kicked in, we stayed in crystal1. Seems there’s always a clan or 2 that are a bit under gunned and move back down at the end, but the rest are pretty darned even.

TH12...level 243...65/65/40...gg 2 bil...ee 2 bil...hh 36 mil...atb 6032

Quote Originally Posted by joshsgrandad View Post

There are more than a few heavy rosters down there mate, and it isnt just Bronze that is activity based.
    i have come up from Bronze, thru Silver, and am in Gold 2 this season (which I havent spun yet, as a war just finished).
    But there are many clans that could walk their group, if only they turned up.. There are also many clans that are way underweight, even at that lowly level.
    Yes, but if those "heavy" clans only have a 50% chance of winning against a "lighter" clan because they lack skill, lack organization or lack activity then that still is the dust settled in my opinion.

Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. Click here for answer on how cc troops deploy (hint, it depends) and more info here. How is war map placement of max halls determined you ask, check out threads like this one. Thank you SC for the new legends! I'd start it at 5500 and let farmers play 5000-5500, but overall it is a great improvement.

Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    Yes, but if those "heavy" clans only have a 50% chance of winning against a "lighter" clan because they lack skill, lack organization or lack activity then that still is the dust settled in my opinion.
    Rosters full of inactive th12’s in gold 2 are no fun for anyone. Sure only 1 or two members use attacks and that clan will most likely drop to gold 3 at the end of the season.
    Next season everyone wastes a cwl day facing the same clan where no one can get stars against them.
    would be helpful if only clans that were active could participate, like 15 members with a league badge at least.

CWL October Season Masters 2 - 30v30 Rosters

Available TH12s in roster :- (30) = Max available in 30v30 wars. We are RED.

8 Clans : 42(30), 39(30), 35(30), 32(30), 25, 23, 20, 12.

It's always difficult to generalise, even with your own clans data/opponents, as many things could have occurred during the previous season, such as a mass exodus of players leaving a clan etc.

In last months September CWL (Masters 2 30v30) we finished 2nd. Only 1 opposing clan had fully 30 TH12s available to them.
    This month we have 4 such clans.

However, is the dust settling? I'd suggest it probably is, well for Masters rosters anyway. I can't comment on Crystal and below.
    Clan Name : SOUTH WEST 45, Clan Tag : #90LP2PL. Highest Win Streak 12!
    Clan Details : Established 2012! Adult, English speaking International Level 16 War Clan (twice a week). Recruitment Thread : https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...10-s-to-TH12-s My Spec : Early TH12.