Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Getting Rid of Crops from Valley Sun Tasks

Getting Rid of Crops from Valley Sun Tasks

The Daily Dirt gets often overrun with a popular crop that is disposal from Valley sun tasks.

Do not forget there is another channel of disposal. Farm visitors. Keep them moving.
    Turn them down on other items they ask for but you want to keep so that they continue to return.
    Eventually they will come and ask for your excess crops to help you get rid of it.

Another thing you can do is load your shop up with the crops at 10 for 1 then offer them to your neighborhood in chat before you run an ad. They just might need it. Not everyone has the same sun tasks at same time.

The problem with farm visitors is the value of coin players are getting. A lot of players don't have all their farm machines/buildings yet, so they look at every opportunity to gain as much coin as possible. As annoying as it is, yes, those full price crops will eventually sell - even if it takes days.

They either need to evaluate this sun task or they need to implement another type of bulk order fulfillment method - such as a cargo plane that needs up to 200 sugar cane and would get max coin value. 20% full -> 20% max of full coin value and so on up to 100% full for 100% coin value to entice players to fill the cargo hold completely. The size of the cargo hold could be relative to player level since the higher level you are... the more crop fields you obtain.

I think they should vary the crops more. You can tell which crops are Valley tasks by just looking in the DD. Mix it up some. Not everyone gets the same tasks...they get the same two or three tasks.
    Level 203

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan1 View Post
    The problem with farm visitors is the value of coin players are getting. A lot of players don't have all their farm machines/buildings yet, so they look at every opportunity to gain as much coin as possible. As annoying as it is, yes, those full price crops will eventually sell - even if it takes days.
    Hope you are joking. LoL If your shop clogs up with a crop and your silo maxes out are you going to stop playing for days until the DD constipation clears up? Dumping off a crop from either a Valley or Derby task is not the time to thing about making coins. Usually selling 10 for 1 is a functional decongestant for your crop overload.
    I have been working town visitors since I first posted this and they been getting rid of all my overload of sugar cane. They pay some better than 10 for 1. Also during the recent visitor event I got double pay on the dump.

I think they are now varying crops some. It is the fast crops that make a mess in the DD. If they limited it to cotton and slower growing crops, there much less problems.
    I got a 1x for 1 sun cotton task now on one farm and works out better.
    Another farm I got soy bean and hate it. Have to tend to it more often and it maxes my silo too easy.

It's annoying but nothing new. We had many instances of "pumpkingate" "strawberrygate" etc in the past, so this one is no surprise.
    There should be some "exceptional " boat or truck order asking for huge quanyity of a fast crop paying a decent price as an incentive to get rid of our fast crops unburdening the dd a bit.
    Last edited by BULIGO; September 25th, 2019 at 01:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dtx725 View Post
    Hope you are joking. LoL If your shop clogs up with a crop and your silo maxes out are you going to stop playing for days until the DD constipation clears up? Dumping off a crop from either a Valley or Derby task is not the time to thing about making coins. Usually selling 10 for 1 is a functional decongestant for your crop overload.
    I have been working town visitors since I first posted this and they been getting rid of all my overload of sugar cane. They pay some better than 10 for 1. Also during the recent visitor event I got double pay on the dump.

I think they are now varying crops some. It is the fast crops that make a mess in the DD. If they limited it to cotton and slower growing crops, there much less problems.
    I got a 1x for 1 sun cotton task now on one farm and works out better.
    Another farm I got soy bean and hate it. Have to tend to it more often and it maxes my silo too easy.
    No, I'm not joking. They are selling eventually at full price or people would adjust to a lower value. This happened with eggs like 5 years ago, no one could offload eggs at 180 coins for 10 eggs. Eventually, players lowered to the default price, 10 for 50 coins.

I don't need coins anymore (sitting bored with 17 million coins), but when I was a growing player I refused to sell anything less than full price because I knew eventually it sells.

Eventually Tom and Greg will buy anything. 2 farms= 2 Toms&Gregs. That doesn't help bring the price down either.

Quote Originally Posted by dtx725 View Post
    Do not forget there is another channel of disposal. Farm visitors. Keep them moving.
    Turn them down on other items they ask for but you want to keep so that they continue to return.
    Eventually they will come and ask for your excess crops to help you get rid of it.

Not everyone has the same sun tasks at same time.
    I agree.
    I get that people want to sell their crops for max. I never sell mine for anything less.
    However if a full shop is stopping you from growing more sugarcane for a sun task you can still continue to grow and make money from the visitors. This also requires that you have enough space in your silo to store crops till the visitors come for them.

This valley season the only crops I see clogging the DD are chilli peppers and sugarcane.
    Chilli peppers just might sell off fast enough to allow you to continue to grow them. But since sugarcane only takes half an hour to grow I’d say the farm visitors are a great option.

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparkly888 View Post
    I agree.
    I get that people want to sell their crops for max. I never sell mine for anything less.
    However if a full shop is stopping you from growing more sugarcane for a sun task you can still continue to grow and make money from the visitors. This also requires that you have enough space in your silo to store crops till the visitors come for them.

This valley season the only crops I see clogging the DD are chilli peppers and sugarcane.
    Chilli peppers just might sell off fast enough to allow you to continue to grow them. But since sugarcane only takes half an hour to grow Id say the farm visitors are a great option.
    Visitors could be improved to ask more often things that you want to sell (based on your history). I don't understand why every other visitor is asking for my axes (or goat milk) though I have say no for the last 100 visitors. I just want to have a nice backup of them, not more than 200-300.

Quote Originally Posted by zetis View Post
    Visitors could be improved to ask more often things that you want to sell (based on your history). I don't understand why every other visitor is asking for my axes (or goat milk) though I have say no for the last 100 visitors. I just want to have a nice backup of them, not more than 200-300.
    Because you are not trapping the visitors asking for barn items, if you want to sell them silo items.