Thread: Adjusting Medals Required for Builder potion

Adjusting Medals Required for Builder potion

After the release of builder base SC said that if u don't like it don't play it as it doesn't affect the main village in any way. With that in mind i never seriously played it except attacking ones or twice in a blue moon. Now With the release of builder hall 9 , 6th builder can be unlocked Due to which SC increased price of builder potion to 30 medals. With great effort i rushed my builder hall 5 to 9 just to unlock OT.T.O. But unlocking O.T.T.O in itself is a Herculean task as we need to have Battle machine lvl 30 and other requirement which is gonna take a long long time as we cant attack more then 3 times a day and since i just rushed my builder hall i just get smacked in every attack cause of low defenses. By the time i unlock OT.T.O it will be pretty useless cause it will be just heroes left to upgrade in my main village. Now the price of builder potion was increased cause of the 6th builder and currently i don't seem to get 6th builder for a long which puts me at disadvantage cause i have to pay 30 medals instead of 15 previously without having any benefit. So why not SC make it like the price for builder potion to be 15 medals and it gets increased to 30 after OT.T.O. is unlocked. If SC thinks 15 is less and hampers business make it at least 20 which makes it in line with research potion which itself works just like builder potion. With the October update coming and global chat going Make builder potion cost 15 medals as a Halloween surprise .

dont forget the three gear ups in main village that you need to have.🙄
    it was never said that the sixth builder will be for free or easy to get. the thing that me annoyes is the additional builderhut but that is a different topic.

back to your request.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darian[Supercell] View Post
    Just for a bit of developmental transparency, we looked at it as more of a balance update to the costs of Potions in the League Shop. The Builder Potions at their current price of 10 Medals were by far and away the best value of any item in the shop. Just 10 Potions were worth more than any of the Hammers. One of the original suggestions was to remove the Builder Potion from the shop completely, but we realized this would be way too unpopular with the community. However, we couldn't keep the price at 10 Medals so increasing the price was the only option.
    Last edited by wotanwaton; September 24th, 2019 at 03:54 PM.

Pro Member
    If you had played in the beginning you wouldn't be so far behind especially if you have only one account. The builder potion was already a good deal and when stacked with the 20% boost from gold pass and 6 builders... There's only so many threads that get created monthly about maxed bases having nothing to do. It's still a better deal at the current cost compared to the hammer when you have 3 heroes upgrading that take 7 days. There's already over 8 people in my clan that have otto and more are getting closer to it.

Forum Superstar
    I dont see how builder potions would affect your ability to get OTTO since they don't affect the BB. Those 3 "powerups" are only a small part of the overall requirements and you would be far better off either saving BoB's or gem those to completion.

Forum Legend
    I'm not seeing how the two are related. The cost of builder potions in shop was ridiculously low with 5 builders is why they increased it's cost. The 6th builder thing I don't believe came into that equation.
    Villains United #9UJLRUVU - L10 Clan - Friday Wars - Always looking for TH6+ looking to do clan games. War is optional but if you're green we expect 2 attacks.

Quote Originally Posted by ColtAnaconda View Post
    After the release of builder base SC said that if u don't like it don't play it as it doesn't affect the main village in any way. With that in mind i never seriously played it except attacking ones or twice in a blue moon. Now With the release of builder hall 9 , 6th builder can be unlocked Due to which SC increased price of builder potion to 30 medals. With great effort i rushed my builder hall 5 to 9 just to unlock OT.T.O. But unlocking O.T.T.O in itself is a Herculean task as we need to have Battle machine lvl 30 and other requirement which is gonna take a long long time as we cant attack more then 3 times a day and since i just rushed my builder hall i just get smacked in every attack cause of low defenses. By the time i unlock OT.T.O it will be pretty useless cause it will be just heroes left to upgrade in my main village. Now the price of builder potion was increased cause of the 6th builder and currently i don't seem to get 6th builder for a long which puts me at disadvantage cause i have to pay 30 medals instead of 15 previously without having any benefit. So why not SC make it like the price for builder potion to be 15 medals and it gets increased to 30 after OT.T.O. is unlocked. If SC thinks 15 is less and hampers business make it at least 20 which makes it in line with research potion which itself works just like builder potion. With the October update coming and global chat going Make builder potion cost 15 medals as a Halloween surprise .
    So because you intentionally ignored a part of the game supercell needs to compensate? Had you just played the builder base you wouldn't be in this situation. It's not supercell's job to give you a fast pass when everyone else made it just fine.
    | TH12 | BK 65 | AQ 65 | GW 31 |

You don't get smacked because you rushed BB. That's just nonsense. Something is amiss here.