Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Forum Reputation in Signature Shops

Nice titles terminus!

The Lost Little Growlithe DeltaDroid4's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MommySnooks View Post
    I wonder whether they could do something like that, or have a separate system for game-related posts vs more general/overall forums things?

That may have been discussed at some point, not sure. I don’t remember all the details—it’s been a while since the system was tested and set up.

Otherwise, just leave positive comments on threads, like those in sig shops or the “rate my sig” threads, or if someone writes a story and you like it and things like that? VM people to thank them when they’re being really helpful? Maybe suggest a special title for someone and see if mods agree? (Idk how that works nowadays? I haven’t seen any contests where titles are a “prize” like there occasionally were, once upon a time.)
    Like many other suggestions to improve the forum, “That’s not possible in vbulletin”

I don’t see what’s wrong with just letting people thank others through a post on the sig shop or sending them a visitor message. If you enabled reputation in signature shops then where’s the limit? Would you enable it in off topic as well? Or forum games? A large percentage of the user base on this forum voted against this feature anyway.

The boom beach subforum had a few contests with custom title prizes shortly before they closed. Haven’t seen any other contests handing out custom titles lately.

Quote Originally Posted by TerMinus Prime View Post
    i personally liked the idea of custom titles for GFXers if reputations cant be given to them

<snip>
    How would you judge whether a forumer deserved a GFX title? Where would the difference be between “GFX Graduate” and “GFx Pro”? This forum isn’t orientated around graphic design and digital art either. If we’re handing out titles for GFx then why not give them out to the I&FR community or the base designers?
    Last edited by DeltaDroid4; 2 Weeks Ago at 03:56 PM.

You really have too much time on your hands :smirk:
    Checking empty spaces in signatures again, huh? :smirk:
    | Level 12 | PB: 5386 | Donations: 68K | Day Old Haggis | Contest Winner |

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaDroid4 View Post
    Like many other suggestions to improve the forum, “That’s not possible in vbulletin”

I don’t see what’s wrong with just letting people thank others through a post on the sig shop or sending them a visitor message. If you enabled reputation in signature shops then where’s the limit? Would you enable it in off topic as well? Or forum games? A large percentage of the user base on this forum voted against this feature anyway.

The boom beach subforum had a few contests with custom title prizes shortly before they closed. Haven’t seen any other contests handing out custom titles lately.

How would you judge whether a forumer deserved a GFX title? Where would the difference be between “GFX Graduate” and “GFx Pro”? This forum isn’t orientated around graphic design and digital art either. If we’re handing out titles for GFx then why not give them out to the I&FR community or the base designers?
    Agreed Delta....I didn't see anything wrong in just thanking for a sig with a post or VMs but didn't say anything as I don't have any shop now so didn't want to go against those who have...

and I don't know what to say about the idea for custom title related to GFX....a few seems sensible....which are already given to some forumers such as Pretish and some more. Having a lot of them doesn't make any sense.

Thanks to ClashWithStyle for this awesome signature.
    Want to learn to create your own signature, clan banner or other GFX stuff? Join our GFX Group.

What I don't get is why there is no more contests for custom titles. We need more! All the people that had them have gone inactive

Since I have no ability to create a cool signature Id just have to give everyone a positive rep If someone ever wants to take a shot at changing mine, just let me know.
    Last edited by 2222; 2 Weeks Ago at 09:15 PM.

Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. Click here for answer on how cc troops deploy (hint, it depends) and more info here. I'm still thinking starting the "new" legends at Legends2 at 5500 and having Legends3 be for 5000-5499 would be good (with season resets to 5000 and 5500 depending on your trophies at season end) but overall I LOVE the Legends change. Thanks SC.

I can help you out , check my shop
    if you like what i do , i can create one for you
    *see my signature you will find a link to my shop *

We also have other talented artist /gfxers feel free to check their work too

Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    Since I have no ability to create a cool signature Id just have to give everyone a positive rep If someone ever wants to take a shot at changing mine, just let me know.
    Last edited by TerMinus Prime; 2 Weeks Ago at 10:40 PM.

hmm that was just a vague suggestion made by me , titles are subject to change , as a matter of fact it is not confirmed by any sc official's that it will be implemented .

This forum isn’t orientated around graphic design and digital art either

For me it is , i like to discuss about clash,attack strats , play games *forum games*with random forumers and during my free time do gfx , If I am getting to do both on one forum then why not?

I&FR community
    Not sure what are you talking about here?
    Last edited by TerMinus Prime; 2 Weeks Ago at 10:59 PM. Reason: my > by

Look at links under signature! ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Good questions

How I been seeing it is that there are subforums where people can help community and COC (such as general, I&FR, and even signature shops). Off topic and Forum games, I think are the only ones that should be ruled out as they serve as just only for fun (and bonding I suppose).

But now I'll admit, I see now that it's fair that other subs besides Signature Shops/Forum Talk/Forum Games can receive reputation because there is actual discussion and it is about the game in subs like General.

I spoke too soon. Was bummed that couldn't receive rep for helping while others in General get recognition more frequently
    However... A thank you in VM for signature service should always suffice,
    I just spoke without thinking honestly

hmm that was just a vague suggestion made by me , titles are subject to change , as a matter of fact it is not confirmed by any sc official's that it will be implemented .

This forum isn’t orientated around graphic design and digital art either

For me it is , i like to discuss about clash,attack strats , play games *forum games*with random forumers and during my free time do gfx , If I am getting to do both on one forum then why not?

I&FR community
    Not sure what are you talking about here?
    Now titles for multiple GFXers isn't something I think is good either though.
    "
    This forum isn’t orientated around graphic design and digital art either"

We had a similar discussion long ago, how mods told us this forum isn't a GFX forum. We wanted a few more subforums for GFX (for posting resources and tutorials, and such). More subforums for GFX was declined because bottom line is that this is a COC forum, not for GFX. Hence, why we created the GFX Group to hold GFX resources and discussion.

I'd still agree that having more subforums can't hurt, especially if they are GFX subforums because they won't interfere with the game and the "game discussion" side of the forum. This can only help us honestly. However, I'd understand why mods wouldn't let us.

As for titles, for multiple skill levels? I think that's too far and reaching. We'd have to account for every artist and somehow evaluate skills, which I don't think would work well since art is subjective anyways.

More GFX titles for veterans? That I'd agree since they earned it. Especially if they been working here for years or contributing to lots of resources. Like before, if members were to be recognized monthly in forum awards again, that would be awesome!

The forum also held lots of contests for titles, like writing a good poem or something funny for a contest. I'd like to see more title contests in general for everyone first, then maybe one or a couple GFX contests too (we had one or two already before I think)

I&FR
    = Ideas and Frequent Requests community I think.
    There is (or was) also another distinguished group here called Base Design.
    Several others too, like the Sticky group (went around and explained to newcomers the forum's stickies), that was fun.
    Last edited by DragonX101; 2 Weeks Ago at 07:50 AM.

Want to learn how to make forum signatures? Head to Graphics Learning Center!

Join the GFX Group, looking for more GFX friends (。◕‿◕。)

Want a signature designed? Visit the Signature Shop subforum

I am happy with just 1 sub forum i.e Signature shop.(myself against multiple subforums)

telling you again titles are subject to change,
    it can be
    GFX Monster
    GFXer
    GFX n Clash etc.

it could be anything lol ,why are you guys not getting my point?
    why bringing in skill here? ..
    If given a chance i would take ''GFX Noob'' forum title haha ---> it is for fun
    then again , I was always interested in Custom forum titles.

I am fine if forum admins/creators/sc staff continue the following.
    i.e >
    No reputation activated in Signature subforum
    No Custom forum titles
    No additional subforums for signature

Because Forum in general (clash chat) is important to me and it will always be

Look at links under signature! ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
    I am happy with just 1 sub forum i.e Signature shop.(myself against multiple subforums)

telling you again titles are subject to change,
    it can be
    GFX Monster
    GFXer
    GFX n Clash etc.

it could be anything lol ,why are you guys not getting my point?
    why bringing in skill here? ..
    If given a chance i would take ''GFX Noob'' forum title haha ---> it is for fun
    then again , I was always interested in Custom forum titles.

I am fine if forum admins/creators/sc staff continue the following.
    i.e >
    No reputation activated in Signature subforum
    No Custom forum titles
    No additional subforums for signature

Because Forum in general (clash chat) is important to me and it will always be
    Ah I see now, sorry I misunderstood earlier I thought the titles related to skill

I don't think every GFXer should get a title, even if rep isn't available. I think the only one who has a title currently is Ryan with GFX Master, and that makes it unique because
    - he's a long time veteran on forums who contributed lots
    - only he has a GFX title

There was another guy who won a GFX contest, but he got banned.

Anyways, more veterans like ClashWithStyle for example deserves a title too I think

I'm fine with no rep activated for Sig Shops and additional subforums but I think custom titles and contests will revive the community a bit

(now we're starting to digress )
    Last edited by DragonX101; 2 Weeks Ago at 08:38 AM.

Want to learn how to make forum signatures? Head to Graphics Learning Center!

Join the GFX Group, looking for more GFX friends (。◕‿◕。)

Want a signature designed? Visit the Signature Shop subforum