Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How can I show a picture here for free now that tinypic.com has closed down?

How can I show a picture here for free now that tinypic.com has closed down?

I was wishing reply to an active thread and to show an image of a scroll I obtained from a free mystery huge box - but when I went to upload the picture I found the tinypic.com free service I used to use had closed down and I was directed to a subscription service with photo bucket.

I do not wish to pay to upload images - therefore can anyone recommend a free service I can use (if there is one) and then explain how to use it! It was wussypuss who helped me brilliantly a couple of years ago to get the hang of tinypic.
    Farm 241, Town 82
    Everything complete....just..
    13 Scrolls to go!!
    Barn 13,300 - Silo 12,250
    kik: perky76

Quote Originally Posted by Sooty123 View Post
    I was wishing reply to an active thread and to show an image of a scroll I obtained from a free mystery huge box - but when I went to upload the picture I found the tinypic.com free service I used to use had closed down and I was directed to a subscription service with photo bucket.

I do not wish to pay to upload images - therefore can anyone recommend a free service I can use (if there is one) and then explain how to use it! It was wussypuss who helped me brilliantly a couple of years ago to get the hang of tinypic.
    Hey sooty

here is what I have been using with tinypic out of the free image hosting picture

https://imgbb.com/

similar concept as tinypic... May take some getting used to. If you create a log in, it will give you access to more file types, specifically the full BB codes.
    Last edited by WussyPuss; 3 Weeks Ago at 10:08 PM.
    Farm 140
    CoC TH11 BhB9 AQ 50 BK 50 GW 20
    established level 16 clan seeking willing warriors, donators and clan games enthusiasts

Need a Siege Machine/Donate a Siege Machine...

From the home screen, tap “start uploading” or “upload”

choose “photo library”, “moments”, “today”

tap image you want. It will appear check marked, then tap done

tap green upload button

select “BBCode full”

please note that if the button that says “copy” does not work for you (it does not for me), use the iPad copy and paste option. Tap to select all text, copy and paste the code here

Last edited by WussyPuss; 3 Weeks Ago at 10:32 PM.
    Farm 140
    established level 16 clan seeking willing warriors, donators and clan games enthusiasts

Great to chat again WussyPuss and thanks for great info - I’m at work right now but I’ll give it a shot when I find time and let you know how I get on.
    Farm 241, Town 82
    13 Scrolls to go!!

Thanks so so much again Wussy - it worked just fine - you are a superstar
    Last edited by Sooty123; 3 Weeks Ago at 02:54 AM.
    Farm 241, Town 82
    13 Scrolls to go!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sooty123 View Post

Thanks so so much again Wussy - it worked just fine - you are a superstar

Awesome, Sooty I am glad it worked for you!
    Farm 140

I would like to use this method to post images but not clear on the instructions. I not familiar with the https://imgbb.com/ so I have to create an account there and learn how to use it. Whenever I tried to post an image, I had used the 'Insert Image' command up in the tool bar but all it did for me was to put a link to the image into my posting.

I see that using the [img] [/img] coding is what is needed, but I not been able to find in the tool bar where that comes from. Do I have to hard code it in when creating my posting or is there some option to make that available?

UPDATE - Okay, I created an account at that site. Now I understand your instructions. I am glad that I ran across this posting here. It will help me to achieve my future objectives. BTW... the copy button works for me at that site using my Windows operating system.
    Last edited by dtx725; 3 Weeks Ago at 10:23 AM.

I too use imgbb, for long time now. No preference over tinypic. On some occasion tinypic would go offline and imgbb was there, just that.

Just copy the link in the clipboard, no registration needed. Simple.
    Last edited by BULIGO; 3 Weeks Ago at 12:40 PM.

I was ‘advertising’ imgur and tinypic in my signature as free image hosts.
    But Imgur can be annoying if you have their app installed (will not provide forum links).
    Now tinypic has apparently shut down...

So I also use imgbb, which is fast and ... free
    Only comment, from the ‘BBcode full link’ I only copy the portion between, and including, the IMG code, so when posted here it doesn’t load imgbb when tapping on the image by mistake .

So something like [img]https://i.ibb.co/...filename.jpg[/img]

Quote Originally Posted by BULIGO View Post
    I too use imgbb, for long time now. No preference over tinypic. On some occasion tinypic would go offline and imgbb was there, just that.

Just copy the link in the clipboard, no registration needed. Simple.

Exactly how I used both... no preference, although in hindsight, tinypic had popups

registration is not needed, however, I get more code options being registered, specifically the BBCode full NOT linked, which is what I always look for in a image hosting site
    Farm 140