Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Stop spies during war

Fresh Spawn

Stop spies during war

Hi,
    My clan rejects people from joining during wars because they can take a look at our teamís war bases, with the ability to see and screenshot traps and defensive layouts.

Would it please be possible to postpone a new memberís ability to see war bases and traps? (War bases until the end of preparation day, traps until the end of war). Prohibiting them from seeing war bases at all would work, but making it so they can see only what the opposing clan can see seems most ideal, IMO.

This prohibition would only need to exist for the war they join in.

Thank you

Set your Clan to closed.

Forum Superstar
    Closing the clan is a self-harming solution.

what we want is that new people can only see scout view.

Quote Originally Posted by lptport1 View Post
    Hi,
    My clan rejects people from joining during wars because they can take a look at our team’s war bases, with the ability to see and screenshot traps and defensive layouts.

Would it please be possible to postpone a new member’s ability to see war bases and traps? (War bases until the end of preparation day, traps until the end of war). Prohibiting them from seeing war bases at all would work, but making it so they can see only what the opposing clan can see seems most ideal, IMO.

This prohibition would only need to exist for the war they join in.

Thank you
    Quote Originally Posted by George1971 View Post
    Closing the clan is a self-harming solution.

what we want is that new people can only see scout view.
    Truly speaking, I don't see anything wrong in this and it sounds like a pretty good addition for fair wars

Thanks to ClashWithStyle for this awesome signature.
    Want to learn to create your own signature, clan banner or other GFX stuff? Join our GFX Group.

This has been requested many times before and I think is a good suggestion. Players with a "new" tag can't see the war replays, designs, etc., it is pretty straight forward.

Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. Click here for answer on how cc troops deploy (hint, it depends) and more info here. I'm still thinking starting the "new" legends at Legends2 at 5500 and having Legends3 be for 5000-5499 would be good (with season resets to 5000 and 5500 depending on your trophies at season end) but overall I LOVE the Legends change. Thanks SC.

Pennsylvania Ave
    In my opinion, spying is a legitimate tactic in war.

To avoid, set clan to closed or invite only and only permit people to join who either:

A) are known to you
    Or
    B) can be vouched for by another elder or member

Anyway - this may be moot with the forthcoming recruitment changes.

Fresh Spawn
    Itís pretty funny how people are like: hereís how you prevent it. When I already mentioned how the clan Iím in prevents it.

Itís not like there arenít solutions, they just seem inadequate and antisocial.

Itís not like itís a strategy for higher level clans, because who doesnít restrict membership during wars?

Itís a weakness for newer clans/players. I mean, if preying on newbies is your thing, then I guess my point is not persuasive.

Iím hoping for a simple ďoh yeah, this person is new, for these two days, treat them as a potential spy.Ē

Let it be an option in clan settings if you want to give people the choice to be antisocial/closed. I have a suspicion I know what the majority of clans will choose over time.

Supercell isn't going to do anything to halt spying all together when they've previously gone on record stating its a valid strategy.

Level 18
    - 9,363/18,500| Master I
    BloodyIrishman - TH12 [Level 206] - #2 in TH12 Hall of Fame
    Follow this link if you're interested in joining!

Fresh Spawn
    Quote Originally Posted by BloodyIrishman View Post
    Supercell isn't going to do anything to halt spying all together when they've previously gone on record stating its a valid strategy.
    Itís surprising itís not in the ruled out thread then. Oh well. Thanks.

10.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #10
    Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    This has been requested many times before and I think is a good suggestion. Players with a "new" tag can't see the war replays, designs, etc., it is pretty straight forward.
    So you would have the possibility of players in the war not being able to see bases, and think that is a good idea?

I don't.
    Last edited by Ajax; 3 Weeks Ago at 10:15 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)