Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Stop spies during war

Forum Superstar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    So you would have the possibility of players in the war not being able to see bases, and think that is a good idea?

I don't.
    The common wish is that new members can only see scout views.

A common advice is: Donít put new people in war. Make them wait a week first, see if they even care to stay.

If you do put a new person in war, and/or you otherwise want them to see others war bases, for example they are not new but a returning member or a friend visiting to give advice, then you can promote them to member or any higher rank. Promoted new people are not considered ďnewĒ.

So you would have the possibility of players in the war not being able to see bases, and think that is a good idea?

I don't.
    I would suggest that the people who aren't part of the war should be able to only view scout view. Or the newly joined players should be able to get the normal clan members viewpoint of the war after 24 hours are passed.

I don't.
    I suspect OP was only referring to new people being able to see the bases in their own clan, but in any event it would be very easy to have it set such that new people in war can see everything as normal. Every time this idea is brought up it references it being to counter spying, so those suggesting it are talking about new players that joined the clan and aren't actually in the war.
    Last edited by 2222; 4 Weeks Ago at 11:17 PM.

Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. Click here for answer on how cc troops deploy (hint, it depends) and more info here. I'm still thinking starting the "new" legends at Legends2 at 5500 and having Legends3 be for 5000-5499 would be good (with season resets to 5000 and 5500 depending on your trophies at season end) but overall I LOVE the Legends change. Thanks SC.

4.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #14
    Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    I suspect OP was only referring to new people being able to see the bases in their own clan, but in any event it would be very easy to have it set such that new people in war can see everything as normal. Every time this idea is brought up it references it being to counter spying, so those suggesting it are talking about new players that joined the clan and aren't actually in the war.
    But they never say that. It is always just "new players should not be able to see war bases".

People are also only thinking of genuinely new here, as opposed to players who go to visit a sister clan, or a req-and-go clan for troops, then come back.

Not that it matters what they say, TBH. Supercell have made it clear they consider spying a legitimate war tactic, and they aren't going to change tbis to prevent it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)

But they never say that. It is always just "new players should not be able to see war bases".

People are also only thinking of genuinely new here, as opposed to players who go to visit a sister clan, or a req-and-go clan for troops, then come back.

Not that it matters what they say, TBH. Supercell have made it clear they consider spying a legitimate war tactic, and they aren't going to change tbis to prevent it.
    They might not say it, but I always thought it was understood that it would only apply to people not in war since those are the spies they are talking about and it wouldn't make sense to have people actually in war not able to see the war. As for SC saying spying is legitimate, I agree with them in the sense it isn't something worthy of a ban. Whether it is something worthy of a quality of life change is another matter. It isn't an issue in my clan because we stay closed and we only invite people in after we chat with them in global first so as long as that never goes away we don't have to worry
    Last edited by 2222; 4 Weeks Ago at 12:46 AM.

Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. Click here for answer on how cc troops deploy (hint, it depends) and more info here. I'm still thinking starting the "new" legends at Legends2 at 5500 and having Legends3 be for 5000-5499 would be good (with season resets to 5000 and 5500 depending on your trophies at season end) but overall I LOVE the Legends change. Thanks SC.

Fresh Spawn
    Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    They might not say it, but I always thought it was understood that it would only apply to people not in war since those are the spies they are talking about and it wouldn't make sense to have people actually in war not able to see the war. As for SC saying spying is legitimate, I agree with them in the sense it isn't something worthy of a ban. Whether it is something worthy of a quality of life change is another matter. It isn't an issue in my clan because we stay closed and we only invite people in after we chat with them in global first so as long as that never goes away we don't have to worry
    Honestly, I get the impression this is a topic that some people want to go away. I can appreciated that. Nonetheless, I donít think itís being argued against with much effort/concentration/attention.

I am now waiting for a previous post to be approved by a moderator and the discussion is carrying on without me. Perhaps itís because Iím too new to the forum? Iíd prefer that to one particular alternative.

Anyhow, Iíll show myself the door. Thank you for your time.

Edit: also this posted without approval? I am very confused. My apologies for sharing my confusion with you.
    Last edited by lptport1; 4 Weeks Ago at 01:39 AM. Reason: Incorrect pluralization and confusion

Forum Superstar

In my dreams, this is all solved in conjunction with the Whitelist. (Where the Whitelist includes the feature that returning Whitelisted members regain their rank and donation stats). Then, you would only have to manually promote non-whitelisted trusted visitors.

I think this would all be to the benefit of the spying aspect of the game. People will stop with the clumsy over-paranoid closing of clans for war, and when you are actually spying, you need to do more than pop in and take screen shots, you would need to talk, and entice information through chat, or trick them into trusting and promoting you.

Note: My spy account was never a member of my clan, clashofstats.com will not give it away. I gave up spying because there was no fun to it, and in practice no significant advantage.

Another benefit of "new members can't see traps/HT/CC troops" is that it will then be easier to let the opposition come in an chat/banter.

A further wish along this thinking is that the clan can have visitor (non-member) space for these visitors. So often we can't have new people or visitors because the clan is full.