Thread: Yolo miner shenanigans?!?

Millennial Club

Yolo miner shenanigans?!?

A couple months back we had a regular war with a clan that looking at their troops we thought it might be a pretty easy war and we would have no problem ending their win streak. They only had miners and edrags maxed. To our surprise they starting hitting us with all miners in a line followed by wrecker and heroes in the middle. After the first guy got 3, I blew it off because "that never works. He got lucky. They ended up doing it for 3 several times on our 11's and 12's. I was quite surprised to say the least.

A couple weeks ago, we had a clan from the same country do the same thing. We use a variety of dragons, loons, witches, valks, ice golems, baby dragons, wizards and such in our cc's. They just dropped them in a line and went to town. No funneling. No taking care of the cc. Just Miner Yolo. We couldn't reproduce the results in friendly challenges. I'm assuming it is just us needing to look at pathing because our bases aren't symmetrical, but you can predict the pathing pretty easily.

Just had me wondering if anybody else has ran into this.
    My attacks are always awesome...just not necessarily in a good way.

If you disagree with me, you are being toxic. If I disagree with you, I'm just speaking the truth.

Forum Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by SSeleulc View Post
    A couple months back we had a regular war with a clan that looking at their troops we thought it might be a pretty easy war and we would have no problem ending their win streak. They only had miners and edrags maxed. To our surprise they starting hitting us with all miners in a line followed by wrecker and heroes in the middle. After the first guy got 3, I blew it off because "that never works. He got lucky. They ended up doing it for 3 several times on our 11's and 12's. I was quite surprised to say the least.

A couple weeks ago, we had a clan from the same country do the same thing. We use a variety of dragons, loons, witches, valks, ice golems, baby dragons, wizards and such in our cc's. They just dropped them in a line and went to town. No funneling. No taking care of the cc. Just Miner Yolo. We couldn't reproduce the results in friendly challenges. I'm assuming it is just us needing to look at pathing because our bases aren't symmetrical, but you can predict the pathing pretty easily.

Just had me wondering if anybody else has ran into this.
    Miner spam yolo, hmm, let me think, Im sure Ive see that somewhere before. Hog spam yolo too. Cant remember where it slips my mind.

It usualy only works against badly design non maxed bases, at least from what Ive seen.
    Last edited by Vikingchief; 4 Weeks Ago at 11:15 PM.
    Clan - Highland chiefs - member, 12thDIMENSION - lurking
    Accounts - 15 th12, 3 th11s. 3 th10 Fixing matchmaker :https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...-and-onyzng%21 : how to migrate to supercell ID :https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...cell-ID-Thread

Millennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Vikingchief View Post
    Miner spam yolo, hmm, let me think, Im sure Ive see that somewhere before. Hog spam yolo too. Cant remember where it slips my mind.

It usualy only works against badly design non maxed bases, at least from what Ive seen.
    Thanks for the wonderful insight. We were very surprised to see it work too. Just curious if anybody else had seen clans doing this.

If you disagree with me, you are being toxic. If I disagree with you, I'm just speaking the truth.

Last CWL (in Masters 1) we faced a clan and several of their th12s did mass miner attacks. They used an edrag on two corners to start the funnel then a line of miners between with wrecker and heroes. They weren't 3 starring us though.

Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. Click here for answer on how cc troops deploy (hint, it depends) and more info here. I'm still thinking starting the "new" legends at Legends2 at 5500 and having Legends3 be for 5000-5499 would be good (with season resets to 5000 and 5500 depending on your trophies at season end) but overall I LOVE the Legends change. Thanks SC.

Millennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    Last CWL (in Masters 1) we faced a clan and several of their th12s did mass miner attacks. They used an edrag on two corners to start the funnel then a line of miners between with wrecker and heroes. They weren't 3 starring us though.
    Yeah. Not 3 starring is what we expected. I guess if we see more of it, we should be able to come up with something to stop it. We were just shocked that it worked the first time we saw it and the second time had me wanting to ask if anybody else saw much of it, but I held off because I figured I would just be told our bases were bad. We went from "looks like we got a tough match up", to "nah, we got this all they have is miners", to "what the heck just happened".

Forum Elder
    Earlier this year i was in a war (I think regular war maybe in like February) where this kind of attack happened. Watched the replays several times as the attack didn't make sense to me. Same thing, in a line, no pull CC, perfect pathing, spells seemed too strong tbh. I dont remember how many 3 stars they had but they had a several.

Honestly, i chalked it up to some kind of bot attack. I can't explain it, but the troop drop, spell drops etc didn't seem right. It was as if they knew what would happen precisely. Every trap, tesla, the CC was handled like it was insignificant.

I farming with miners for ages on two accounts and again, it didn't seem to me like they behaved like miners. Things that normally derail a miner attack ... didn't.

"Oh i'm gonna try that" ended in spectacular fashion on my end (as in BAD). I know how you feel OP lol.

Forum Legend
    Thanks for the wonderful insight. We were very surprised to see it work too. Just curious if anybody else had seen clans doing this.
    We had a clan do this a couple wars back. But the successful miner spam was all on bad bases or dips of 1 TH. It was all miners, they did some elctro attacks too and I think mixed in one or two bowler attacks. But I was surprised to the amount of basically mass miners from them. They did have a few spectacular fails with the strat too so I wouldn't call it OP. They just had enough coverage to clean those up.
    Villains United #9UJLRUVU - L10 Clan - Friday Wars - Always looking for TH6+ looking to do clan games. War is optional but if you're green we expect 2 attacks.

Yep I have seen few mass miner attacks in war... they fail usually

|*Click here*If you want a cool forum signature|
    | GFX Group | Clan | Forum achievements |

Millennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesHowlet View Post
    Earlier this year i was in a war (I think regular war maybe in like February) where this kind of attack happened. Watched the replays several times as the attack didn't make sense to me. Same thing, in a line, no pull CC, perfect pathing, spells seemed too strong tbh. I dont remember how many 3 stars they had but they had a several.

Honestly, i chalked it up to some kind of bot attack. I can't explain it, but the troop drop, spell drops etc didn't seem right. It was as if they knew what would happen precisely. Every trap, tesla, the CC was handled like it was insignificant.

I farming with miners for ages on two accounts and again, it didn't seem to me like they behaved like miners. Things that normally derail a miner attack ... didn't.

"Oh i'm gonna try that" ended in spectacular fashion on my end (as in BAD). I know how you feel OP lol.
    Yeah, I couldn't quite make the stretch all the way to bot attack, but I did try one of the 11's that was 3 starred by an 11 with my th12 and couldn't repeat the results, but I brushed that off as timing and spell placement slight differences. How the heck the dragon and whatever cc's didn't wreck half the miners before the queen got to it is what was so amazing.

Forum Elder
    Yeah, I couldn't quite make the stretch all the way to bot attack, but I did try one of the 11's that was 3 starred by an 11 with my th12 and couldn't repeat the results, but I brushed that off as timing and spell placement slight differences. How the heck the dragon and whatever cc's didn't wreck half the miners before the queen got to it is what was so amazing.
    That was the main thing when i watched it back, how the CC and traps (and bombs) were handled. Like i said, somehow they were insignificant. I kept thinking "here is where it goes bad" and poof, nothing. How is this possible? This is why the attack didn't make sense.