Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 21

Thread: Get out of Supercell ID

  1. #11
    Forum Master wotanwaton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    right behind you
    Posts
    11,024
    Quote Originally Posted by AxsMan View Post
    I snip............but in this case I believe he is mistaken. I changed email addresses for two of my accounts (ie swapped around the emails associated with my SCID’s ) and it did NOT cost me my ‘one time account recovery’. ..............snip
    i wouldnt go that far. you thread about this topic looks more like the support has opted you out from scid which made it able for you to change the scid email.
    Last edited by wotanwaton; 4 Weeks Ago at 04:53 PM.

  2. #12
    Pro Member LeethalForce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    In the Present with an eye on the Future
    Posts
    558
    Quote Originally Posted by wotanwaton View Post
    i wouldnt go that far. you thread about this topic looks more like the support has opted you out from scid which made it able for you to change the scid email.
    You two had a conversation about this in this thread from earlier this year: https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...+recovery+SCID

    Does it really matter if Support opted someone out of SCID before changing their associated email address, then opted them back in?Maybe it’s just a simple matter of Support changing the associated email address and not opting a person out of SCID at all?

    Should we assume anything of Support since there seems to be no official word from SC about how these cases are handled. We don’t know all the details of each person’s circumstance, (nor do we have a right to that info), or the steps they take to help someone. Even sharing of that kind of info is against the forum rules. What Support does for one person may not be the same for others and we will never know the details.

    Maybe the safest thing we can do is tell people to contact Support and that account verification is necessary, the risks associated with that, and for them to ask Support if this is going to cost them their one time account recovery so they can decide whether or not to pursue it.
    Last edited by LeethalForce; 4 Weeks Ago at 06:06 PM.

  3. #13
    Warriors are OP
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    880
    Quote Originally Posted by wotanwaton View Post
    i wouldnt go that far. you thread about this topic looks more like the support has opted you out from scid which made it able for you to change the scid email.
    The point is that they made it possible to swap email addresses very simply and quickly, without use of one time account recovery. Once I had proved that both accounts and addresses were mine the swap over took less than 5 minutes. Again, much thanks and appreciation to SC support who receive quite a lot of criticism on these forums. In this case their service was excellent.

  4. #14
    Forum Master wotanwaton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    right behind you
    Posts
    11,024
    Quote Originally Posted by AxsMan View Post
    The point is that they made it possible to swap email addresses very simply and quickly, without use of one time account recovery.
    i dont think so. this would promote account sharingand sc dont want that.
    anyway - as long as we have no information from sc that they have changed it we shouldnt tell anyone that changing email with help of support doesnt use the one time account recovery.

  5. #15
    Warriors are OP
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    880
    Quote Originally Posted by wotanwaton View Post
    i dont think so. this would promote account sharingand sc dont want that.
    anyway - as long as we have no information from sc that they have changed it we shouldnt tell anyone that changing email with help of support doesnt use the one time account recovery.
    Why not? They did swap my emails over, and it didn’t use my one time account recovery. These are the facts. SC were very helpful, that is also a fact. Why should we ‘not tell anyone’ the truth?

  6. #16
    Forum Master wotanwaton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    right behind you
    Posts
    11,024
    Quote Originally Posted by AxsMan View Post
    Why not? They did swap my emails over, and it didn’t use my one time account recovery. These are the facts. SC were very helpful, that is also a fact. Why should we ‘not tell anyone’ the truth?
    because it is fact that changing email use your one time account recovery. supercell has never said that they changed it. and i know your thread about your issue and there i said what i said here >>> your email change looks more like opting out from scid and than created a new supercell id.
    this is not an emailchange what uses your one time account recovery because it is not a direct email change. we have the option to opt out from supercell id for one time only. after that we can decide to use a new scid.

    so tellling someone emailchange would not use the one time account recovery isnt correct.

  7. #17
    Warriors are OP
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    880
    Quote Originally Posted by wotanwaton View Post
    because it is fact that changing email use your one time account recovery. supercell has never said that they changed it. and i know your thread about your issue and there i said what i said here >>> your email change looks more like opting out from scid and than created a new supercell id.
    this is not an emailchange what uses your one time account recovery because it is not a direct email change. we have the option to opt out from supercell id for one time only. after that we can decide to use a new scid.

    so tellling someone emailchange would not use the one time account recovery isnt correct.
    sorry but your argument is one of semantics.

    no new supercell ID was created.

    simple facts are:

    I wanted to ‘retire’ my work email address associated with my main and replace it with a clash specific one.
    I already had a suitable email but it was associated with a mini account
    I created a new address for the mini account.
    I asked supercell if I could swap the new email address in to the mini and use the mini address for my main.
    They asked for verification that the accounts were mine and I provided it.
    They enabled the swap over very easily and quickly - Thank You Supercell Support.
    This process did not use my one time account recovery.

    I don’t know why you feel the need to dispute this? It worked, they helped end of lol.

    p.s I’m not telling anyone what would happen to them, I’m relating what happened to me. Peace

  8. #18
    Forum Champion
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Bad Newz, VA.
    Posts
    5,353
    Quote Originally Posted by AxsMan View Post
    sorry but your argument is one of semantics.

    no new supercell ID was created.

    simple facts are:

    I wanted to ‘retire’ my work email address associated with my main and replace it with a clash specific one.
    I already had a suitable email but it was associated with a mini account
    I created a new address for the mini account.
    I asked supercell if I could swap the new email address in to the mini and use the mini address for my main.
    They asked for verification that the accounts were mine and I provided it.
    They enabled the swap over very easily and quickly - Thank You Supercell Support.
    This process did not use my one time account recovery.

    I don’t know why you feel the need to dispute this? It worked, they helped end of lol.

    p.s I’m not telling anyone what would happen to them, I’m relating what happened to me. Peace
    If you really looked, you could find dozens of threads where this issue came up. As someone who has frequented the bugs sub for years, I can confirm that changing your associated email has indeed counted as the one time account recovery. I remember many threads here of player complaining about this. I always thought it was a silly rule and perhaps SC has changed their stance on it? Stranger things have happened.

  9. #19
    Warriors are OP
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    880
    Perhaps they did. I can only report what happened. They swapped email addresses for me and did not use my one time account recovery.

  10. #20
    Forum Master wotanwaton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    right behind you
    Posts
    11,024
    Quote Originally Posted by AxsMan View Post
    Perhaps they did. I can only report what happened. They swapped email addresses for me and did not use my one time account recovery.
    please lets stop here. i have read your thread and i stay on my position → it looks like support opted your village out from scid so that you can use a new scid for it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •