Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: shovel obstacles question

OP’s only other post than here was to propose an idea to be able to move the ‘un-re-built’ castle with a shovel.
    So whether being new to the game, or a experienced troll of sorts , OP seems focussed on not rebuilding it.

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkpye View Post
    The whole thing is VERY trollish, or in the very least not very honest. The concepts linked together here are very odd for a "just started playing coc" individual. Simply given that TH3 is achieved so very early on in the game coupled with the obscurity and rarity of the shovel make this very suspicious.

The question, can the Clan castle ruins be move with a shovel of obstacles is a reasonable question in of itself, but the context is bogus.

There are very many questions a new to CoC player would be asking at this point, but this is not the natural, log into the community forums, signup, and post a question type of question that any logical sequence of events would end in. It is by all standards odd.

Now, yes, I can concede that there is a possibility that this is a genuinely honest question, but there is a mighty strong odor that comes from things that lurk under bridges here, and for now I ain't all that interested in paying a toll.

Ps. from my neck of the woods, the phase: "not to be funny" is a figure of speech, which means approximately "I am not sure how serious you are trying to be but..." I wasn't saying "I am not trying to be funny, I wasn't either, I was calling fowl. (and, yes, sorry, I misspelled "to", my bad.)
    There are indeed many strange things that come up on the forums.
    I myself am tempted to air my concerns or suspicions at times.
    However, on other days, I take things at face value.. he may indeed have been doing a little reading, and got himself lost in context.

To be fair, your posts are informed and interesting.
    You simply gave your thought, and inadvertently opened the gates for other(s) to call troll, as is often the case.

To elaborate..
    The forums are getting quiet..
    It has always been a place whereby players new and old can get together, discuss thoughts, experiences, and problems, and act as a community.
    Indeed, support often sends people this way, with "problems" that dont need a technical fix.

There is, however, a dark cloud descending on the forums.
    Toxic posts are becoming ever more common.
    It is up to the community as a whole, to ensure the community forums remain alive and available..
    Global is paying the price for not being a model they are willing to continue to support..

To reiterate.. Apologies to yourself.. i visited your profile, and saw some real good reads.

Pro Member
    Quote Originally Posted by joshsgrandad View Post
    There are indeed many strange things that come up on the forums.
    I myself am tempted to air my concerns or suspicions at times.
    However, on other days, I take things at face value.. he may indeed have been doing a little reading, and got himself lost in context.

To be fair, your posts are informed and interesting.
    You simply gave your thought, and inadvertently opened the gates for other(s) to call troll, as is often the case.

To elaborate..
    The forums are getting quiet..
    It has always been a place whereby players new and old can get together, discuss thoughts, experiences, and problems, and act as a community.
    Indeed, support often sends people this way, with "problems" that dont need a technical fix.

There is, however, a dark cloud descending on the forums.
    Toxic posts are becoming ever more common.
    It is up to the community as a whole, to ensure the community forums remain alive and available..
    Global is paying the price for not being a model they are willing to continue to support..

To reiterate.. Apologies to yourself.. i visited your profile, and saw some real good reads.
    Thank you, that is high praise.

I certainly did not intend for my comment to stir up anything toxic, let's hope that the forum can remain a place to air one's thoughts and ideas.

I am open to hearing more from the OP, I may be skeptical but I wouldn't say I am not willing to at least listen. If this tread is however just a ploy to get some attention brought to an the OP's idea posted in the idea's part of the forum, then personally I would be disappointed that whoever it is could not have been just a little more honest, at least then my mind could focus on the intended issues rather than being preoccupied with the underlying in-congruent tones. Perhaps tho, that is one of my own faults.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkpye View Post
    ... If this tread is however just a ploy to get some attention brought to an the OP's idea posted in the idea's part of the forum, ...
    OP created the idea thread after receiving the reply from Phoenix here, but before mine (actually, I am not sure if OP saw mine).
    Stranger things happen on this forum .

But from experience, I wouldn’t hold my breathe that OP will ever be back to explain more.

Quote Originally Posted by PaluEF View Post
    No. You do not have to rebuild your castle.
    It is used to join clans. Without it you cannot create or join any clan, nor store daily bonuses from your raids.

So it is an essential, but not required building.

But, I have to add that I am not sure about the recent changes in town hall upgrade requirements if it has become a requirement...
    No, it is not required to advance in Town Halls. Probably because it is already present in the base instead of requiring to build it on scratch by the shop.

Same case with the Builder Base and Gem Mine/Clock Tower/Battle Machine.

Pro Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Giorgakis View Post
    No, it is not required to advance in Town Halls. Probably because it is already present in the base instead of requiring to build it on scratch by the shop.

Same case with the Builder Base and Gem Mine/Clock Tower/Battle Machine.
    Historically, I don't think you had to place all buildings before being able to progress to the next TH, it's a fairly "new" addition to the game. So... yeah, could be that they follow the BB rules.

The idea of treating the CC ruins that they can remain as decoration is an interesting one, I am not too convinced tho that it's something you want to encourage since it is a very important building to get, but people can have some strange motives. Some people like to see how they can stretch the limits of the game, but on that, if I was to build a shrine out of my CC ruins as something different, moving it would not be all that important because by providing mechanisms within the game to do so would intrinsically mean that somebody else has thought of doing it to, thereby reducing the rarity of the idea, and the rarity of the idea is really the point?