Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Season Pass price over countries

Fresh Spawn

Question Season Pass price over countries

Hi,

I have Moroccan players in my clan.
    They can not buy the Season Pass because of the standard of living.
    Let me explain :
    5.00 represents 1/2 pack of cigarette.
    It also represents 600 dinar for a Moroccan.
    The price of the Season Pass at their home.
    With this amount they can buy 3 packs of cigarettes.

Thus, the season pass seems 6 times too expensive in Morocco.
    Maybe with a price of 100 dinar, you would have more players to buy it in this country?

So my suggestion is too get down Season Price for Morocco players owing to standard of living.

Thanks.

Unfortunately, currency conversions aren't up to Supercell. They give Apple and Google their price (iirc generally in US dollars), and the respective app stores perform the conversions to other currencies completely outside of SC's authority.

Fresh Spawn
    Thanks for your really quick answer !
    I forward it to morocco players.
    They will contact Google directly.

With all due respect, maybe they shouldn't be buying 3 packs of cigarettes. We shouldn't go into details as that will be means for this thread to be closed. But how great would it be if clash was responsible for people quitting cigarettes?

For an on topic answer, I believe themariofan answered as well as you are going to get. Super Cell set the price for the season pass to be the same as a 500 gem purchase. It may be a lot to some people and may be very little to others. I am by no means rich but I can afford the pass every month; I know there are people who spend my entire months salary in a day and it doesn't hurt them at all. I don't buy anything more than the pass though. You'll just have to decide if the price is worth it for yourself and then make the decision to buy it or not.
    | TH11 | XP 173 | BK 50 | AQ 50 | GW 20 | #QC8VUPCL | My Stats

CLAN: IRON VENDETTA - LEVEL 14 - CWL: CRYSTAL 1 - #2YVOGVLY

Quote Originally Posted by BloodyIrishman View Post
    A Golden Statue for players that can be purchased after you've defeated Dragons Lair would be a nice touch.

Fresh Spawn
    Quote Originally Posted by JaymzWWW66 View Post
    With all due respect, maybe they shouldn't be buying 3 packs of cigarettes. We shouldn't go into details as that will be means for this thread to be closed. But how great would it be if clash was responsible for people quitting cigarettes?

For an on topic answer, I believe themariofan answered as well as you are going to get. Super Cell set the price for the season pass to be the same as a 500 gem purchase. It may be a lot to some people and may be very little to others. I am by no means rich but I can afford the pass every month; I know there are people who spend my entire months salary in a day and it doesn't hurt them at all. I don't buy anything more than the pass though. You'll just have to decide if the price is worth it for yourself and then make the decision to buy it or not.
    You're out of topic, it's about currency conversion and standard of life.
    Cigarette price is just an example. I don't smoke, and my friend too.

Forum Champion
    My gold pass in the US is $5. I pay $8.50 for a pack of cigs. Perhaps those members of your clan should stop smoking?

edit: My cousin in New York pays $12.50 for a pack. Not sure how comparing cigarette cost to gold pass makes sense?

again edit: Ultimately, you should be complaining to the Moroccan government or the World bank. Or whoever sets currency values. If money from there is worth less than money from other countries then what can you do? Do you expect SC to take pity on poorer countries and charge them less? That’s just not how businesses work.

last one: After some internet sleuthing I’ve found that Morocco’s government very recently raised the price of cigarettes in the country. One Moroccan dinar equals $.10 US. They actually get cigarettes pretty cheap compared to me. Average cost of a pack is now 35 dinars. That’s only $3.50 usd.
    Last edited by Bigdome757; 4 Weeks Ago at 08:39 PM.

Fresh Spawn
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigdome757 View Post
    My gold pass in the US is $5. I pay $8.50 for a pack of cigs. Perhaps those members of your clan should stop smoking?

edit: My cousin in New York pays $12.50 for a pack. Not sure how comparing cigarette cost to gold pass makes sense?

again edit: Ultimately, you should be complaining to the Moroccan government or the World bank. Or whoever sets currency values. If money from there is worth less than money from other countries then what can you do? Do you expect SC to take pity on poorer countries and charge them less? That’s just not how businesses work.
    If price is too high, no body buy it.
    If price goes down 6 times may be 8 times more people will buy it.
    That's how business work.
    And nobody smoke in the story ...

Forum Champion
    €1 equals 10.67 dinham or MAD. So 600 is way off. 66 MAD equals €6.19. Basically the same price you and I pay.

edit: I don’t mean to come across as callous. I understand that wages and economic conditions are very diverse around the world. But a pack of premium cigarettes cost 35 MAD. That’s nearly half the price of the gold pass.
    Last edited by Bigdome757; 4 Weeks Ago at 09:02 PM.

In an old, thread I mused ...

Quote Originally Posted by rowman View Post
    To me, the best solution for virtual products would be if there was an international relative cost table which Google and Apple could use. Such as "A cup of coffee within the country". Vendors then could set the price then to "3 cups of coffee". But unfortunately the internet is not there yet. It is still based on "brick and mortar products" and banking set valuation rates. That made sense in the "old world" model, where an item cost $XX to produce, and yes, you wanted that money back, plus a profit.

But in todays virtual product world, a "Sack of gems" for example cost no money to produce, 100% profit! Maybe one day a relative index will be published and maintained to address virtual products.
    No such index exists today, so real world banking rates used. Maybe one day.

Fresh Spawn
    Quote Originally Posted by rowman View Post
    In an old, thread I mused ...

No such index exists today, so real world banking rates used. Maybe one day.
    Rowman you understood me : thanks !