Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Valley - Truck Canít Move - Roadside Surprise

Valley - Truck Canít Move - Roadside Surprise

It seems I have a roadside surprise. The notification did not come up until I tried to move on from the building Iíd just served. Then is when a floating notification said ďCollect your roadside surprise firstĒ. I tap on my truck and nothing happens.

This also happened yesterday but it resolved after I left the valley and reentered. Not this time. Not even an app reboot has helped and I cannot remember if the roadside surprises expire or not. If they donít, big problem. If they do, Iíll have to wait hours just to move so itís frustrating.

Thanks.

Oh, sorry this happens to you. Which iOS version is that BostonGirl ?

You got 2h to collect roadside surprise so hopefully you can drive again soon. Don't forget to tak a screenshot for support or here.

I have to tap on another building or road stop after collecting the surprise or the truck won't move. Has it always been that way?
    Thank you TerMinus for the Halloween Party Sig!

Yes, in normal case, truck would stop at the node where you get the surprise. A pop up should automatically appear asking you to collect. Then you have to tell your truck where to drive again.

BostonGirl was saying the popup didn’t appear and she had no way to collect surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by meonhoc View Post
    Oh, sorry this happens to you. Which iOS version is that BostonGirl ?

You got 2h to collect roadside surprise so hopefully you can drive again soon. Don't forget to tak a screenshot for support or here.
    The latest iOS for iPad. I didnít take a screenshot because I havenít had the time to check out imgur.🙈 I got another r-surprise today but this time it worked the way it is supposed to.

Quote Originally Posted by Tahoe View Post
    I have to tap on another building or road stop after collecting the surprise or the truck won't move. Has it always been that way?
    What Meo said Tahoe.

Tip: Iíve started moving one truck stop at a time because of this. To save fuel. Itís a real issue especially given the fuel limits.

Letís say you tell the truck to move 5 spots. Immediately 5 fuel are deducted from your tank. Then after moving just 1 spot toward your goal you get a ďroadside surpriseĒ. Your truck stops. You collect but the truck does not continue. You have to tap the building again and it tells you to use 4 fuel to get there. So youíve just spent 9 fuel on what should have been a 5 fuel trip. Moving one stop at a time solves that problem until SC changes the situation. Itís not as tedious as it sounds because the truck moves quickly and most buildings arenít that far away.

Quote Originally Posted by BostonGirl View Post
    The latest iOS for iPad. I didn’t take a screenshot because I haven’t had the time to check out imgur. I got another r-surprise today but this time it worked the way it is supposed to.

<snip>

Tip: I’ve started moving one truck stop at a time because of this. To save fuel. It’s a real issue especially given the fuel limits.

Let’s say you tell the truck to move 5 spots. Immediately 5 fuel are deducted from your tank. Then after moving just 1 spot toward your goal you get a “roadside surprise”. Your truck stops. You collect but the truck does not continue. You have to tap the building again and it tells you to use 4 fuel to get there. So you’ve just spent 9 fuel on what should have been a 5 fuel trip. Moving one stop at a time solves that problem until SC changes the situation. It’s not as tedious as it sounds because the truck moves quickly and most buildings aren’t that far away.
    Oh, glad it works better now.

Are you sure about the fuel deduction, like saw it happen in game and just not you thinking? In my experience, when my truck stops, I don't lose the fuel it hasn't consumed yet. Even when I had a quest to visit a Windmill, I told my truck too drive to the windmill and it suddenly stopped, the notification "Daily quest compeleted" did not appear right away (tsk tsk hay day, telling us the future) and I still have my fuel as expected.

PS: I tried the 1-stop move, still breaks down or gets surprise. And since I don't lose fuel, I find it not worth it.

Would be weird that the fuel lost only occurs on some platform/device....
    Welcome to the forum *Meow* ! Official Support : Choose your game and your language.

Counting chickens. Report abuse/spam on forum.

#AdvoCat :: Hay Day Lv 136♩♬ :: Defenseless TH10 :: Rushed TH12 ::

Hey Meo. Yep - pretty sure. 😊 You can check it for yourself. As soon as you tell your truck to move, it takes the full amount you need to move the spaces youíve told it to move. So when it stops along the way for the surprise, and you have to start it again, the same thing happens. Itís like a reset. It tells you how far you have to go and then the game takes the fuel it needs to get there.

And yes, the one stop moving is not about not breaking down or not getting the surprises. Itís only to conserve fuel lost to the surprises.

I watched it everytime my truck breaks down or gets roadside surprise. Never lose fuel that way. So no, I cannot check it for myself. When my truck stopped, I glanced at my fuel count & only the amount of fuel to get to that stop is deducted, not the amount to get to the building I aimed to.

That's why I am really skeptical about this bug and haven't got a chance to talk to anyone who truly experienced it.
    Last edited by meonhoc; 3 Weeks Ago at 06:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by meonhoc View Post
    I watched it everytime my truck breaks down or gets roadside surprise. Never lose fuel that way. So no, I cannot check it for myself. When my truck stopped, I glanced at my fuel count & only the amount of fuel to get to that stop is deducted, not the amount to get to the building I aimed to.

That's why I am really skeptical about this bug and haven't got a chance to talk to anynone that truly experienced it.
    Really? I’m so confused. As soon as I choose the building the FULL amount of fuel is taken. It doesn’t take the fuel as it drives. Is it that in your game, the excess fuel is (re)credited to your tank? Or is it that you believe the game knows there’s something along the route and only takes that fuel?

Also I don’t think of it as a bug. Just the way the game was designed but which might need a rethink.
    Last edited by BostonGirl; 3 Weeks Ago at 06:27 PM. Reason: Clarity and expansion

I agree that the full amount is deducted when the truck doesn't stop on its way. However when it stops, the fuel count is not the same.

I think the game anticipated the sudden stop and acted accordingly (like the "Daily task completed" notification won't appear when I broke down). I must admit I only have eyes for my truck so didn't watch the fuel count all the time. However, I always calculated fuel for several buildings before I drive so I'm pretty sure I haven't lost fuel the way it was described.

Have heard of it but can't reproduce in my game. Well a new day will come soon in the Valley, I'll try to take screenshot for this occasion.
    Welcome to the forum *Meow* ! Official Support : Choose your game and your language.

Counting chickens. Report abuse/spam on forum.

#AdvoCat :: Hay Day Lv 136♩♬ :: Defenseless TH10 :: Rushed TH12 ::