Page 36 of 76 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Sunsetting Global Chat Channel in the October Update

I have spent too much time on clash in the last five years or so. That is ok. I still rocked my grades, got engaged, kept clash a secret from the fiance until this last year, and built a lot of accounts. It was my hobby. When the real world got too busy, I stepped away for a few weeks at a time, then jumped back in with both feet.

What is done is done. Nothing I say here will "save global", but as I did log five years I am going to say it anyway. I have thought about this so much in the last 12 hours. I was angry, now I am just... disappointed.

Global was half the reason I played the game. I didn't use it to recruit, so a new recruiting tool means nothing to me. I enjoyed the banter, muted the trolls, and for a brief amount of time got to pretend I was a clash goddess instead of a socially awkward goober. No regrets, I had a great time.

There will be no deleting of accounts, and my collectors are always outside anyway.

But I am disappointed that such a fun hobby and part of my routine needs replacing now. Darn.

So, in finale, I hate the decision. Nothing I can do about it, but I hate it. I was about to go th11 too. Blah.
    Ending threads one comment at a time.

How about we wait patiently for the details on the new recruitment system to be announced before we conclude? Maybe, just maybe, that it is better than global?

Since it’s going away can you guys at least make it to where the “suggested clans” to join aren’t in India, Bangladesh and Indonesia? Nothing irritates me more about clash is that when you want to check out different clans 98% of the recommended clans don’t speak English. If I’m in the English server then I should only see English based clans

KillerEliteUK, SniperEliteUK, VoodooEliteUK
    Quote Originally Posted by Idleford View Post
    Since it’s going away can you guys at least make it to where the “suggested clans” to join aren’t in India, Bangladesh and Indonesia? Nothing irritates me more about clash is that when you want to check out different clans 98% of the recommended clans don’t speak English. If I’m in the English server then I should only see English based clans

Decisions made by people that know how the mechanics of the game works but not how we end users play the game. many players go on global and chat with a view of finding a person, chatting, and then going to the clan..

Quote Originally Posted by Yachi View Post
    How about we wait patiently for the details on the new recruitment system to be announced before we conclude? Maybe, just maybe, that it is better than global?
    Same as Cilakila above your post, and many more replies here: global is not only a recruiting tool, to many players.

I have been almost daily on globals since I started playing back in early ‘13, and shared all experiences mentioned in this thread (except avoiding global ofc). I have only successfully recruited in globals, in english or norsk. And back in ‘14 when wars were added, we needed a lot of recruiting .

But most times I go on globals, I do not go for recruitment purposes. Either, before OBS, I was waiting for a base in clouds, or since I am waiting for troops to cook to donate to my clan mates, as my needs are always pre-cooked). One of my 10 first post in any global is invariably that my clan is not recruiting actually, but I do not close the clan, to enable players movement.

I have met, and joined other players and their clans for exchanges of strategies, etc ... only through globals.
    My friends list, albeit full of inactive accounts, was only built on global encounters, sometimes lasting for hours.
    The surprise of seeing an old friend in globals, and having chill chats, while ignoring the ‘chatter noise’...
    The long and painful description of game, attack, base design, war -strategies, in non native languages .
    Trying to help players in need...

A third party app, including the forums/reddit, wouldn’t enable what was provided by the in-game chat.

Again, the issue is not on recruiting, for most of (us) lamenting the removal of globals.

Edit:
    In same ways as the long discussion on removing the clouds (another toxicity of the game), the subject moved to what would be the inherent consequences of whatever the new system would be. We now have no clouds (in legend league), but have a daily limitation (and the discussions on it).

6.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #356
    Quote Originally Posted by Call me H View Post
    Decisions made by people that know how the mechanics of the game works but not how we end users play the game. many players go on global and chat with a view of finding a person, chatting, and then going to the clan..
    This couldn't be more incorrect. Most of us have multiple accounts (with many of us having 6 or 7 accounts) in order to go through the full player experience from start to finish, including finding a Clan to what it was like sitting in the clouds for hours at a time.

All of us on the team have used Global for one reason or another. I've used it to recruit for several of my Clans. I've used it to chat with people, donate troops, you name it. The full gamut of why players use it. And many of us have been playing Clash before we started working at Supercell so it's not like working here marks the beginning of when we started experiencing Clash and have this ivory tower view of the game.

We know what it's like there which is why we're closing it.
    AKA Tank Puppy

“In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this.”
    Terry Pratchett

Well, like what seems to be the majority here, I have some mixed feelings on this. Been clashing for 6 years here, and I've seen the good and bad with global. The 3 primary people that run our clan now, and have for the past couple years, are from Canada, USA, and England. All 3 of us came to the clan from Global.

But on the other hand, I actually have some concern about what my 12 year old daughter might see in global chat (or even clan chat) if she decided this was a game she wanted to try. At least the clan chat though, I can be in the same clan as her and help moderate. Global is a different beast though. A lot of scams and people asking "need a gf" and the other garbage.

So I think overall I'm on board with this even though I'm anxious. Global has been our primary recruitment tool, and we've had little success with getting players on Reddit, Forums, Band, Discord, etc. Hopefully the new tool works. It's one of the things I have disliked, a lot, about Clash Royale. Recruiting in game on Royale is non-existent. Guess that could have changed as I haven't played Royale in 6 months or so.

But, I'm overall hopeful that this allow more content to flow into the game.
    old headz - A place for adults to gather, chat, drink, and clash! Learn more about us at https://oldheadz.wordpress.com/

Find us in Clash: old headz (#2VVQVLCV). Adult clan for War and Clan Games.
    Discord: https://discord.gg/Bt28Krq

Quote Originally Posted by Darian[Supercell] View Post
    This couldn't be more incorrect. Most of us have multiple accounts (with many of us having 6 or 7 accounts) in order to go through the full player experience from start to finish, including finding a Clan to what it was like sitting in the clouds for hours at a time.

All of us on the team have used Global for one reason or another. I've used it to recruit for several of my Clans. I've used it to chat with people, donate troops, you name it. The full gamut of why players use it. And many of us have been playing Clash before we started working at Supercell so it's not like working here marks the beginning of when we started experiencing Clash and have this ivory tower view of the game.

We know what it's like there which is why we're closing it.
    You have said there is a new recruiting tool in the next update.
    What will be added to chat with new people.
    What will be added to get troops when everyone in your clan is off line?

9.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #359
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthPez View Post
    You have said there is a new recruiting tool in the next update.
    What will be added to chat with new people.
    What will be added to get troops when everyone in your clan is off line?

https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...1#post12339631
    AKA Tank Puppy

“In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this.”
    Terry Pratchett

Fresh Spawn
    It's interesting to me to see all these comments from people who don't use global for recruitment or chat say they're glad to see it go. Obviously if you don't use it then it wont affect gameplay for you.Speaking for those of us that do it's a huge deal. I for one use global on a daily basis for recruitment. NO ONE GETS IN MY CLAN WITHOUT SPEAKING TO ME FIRST! I have an adults only b2b war clan so screening potential clan mates is priority 1 for me. Removing the chat aspect of the game is a deal breaker for me. Recruitment alone isn't enough. This is a "clan" based game. Your clan has to be synced with its members in some way. A connection of sorts. A family if you will. If the recruitment tool implemented doesn't take that into account then I' sorry to say that I've wasted 7 years playing clash of clans just to have it all go down in flames. I will not use a third party app for recruitment. Its a package deal for me. Any game worth playing has a social chat feature whether it be text or voice based. Otherwise you might as well go play candy crush. Im a huge clash player. I play minimum 4 hours a day BECAUSE chat is available even if my clan is asleep and/or working. Recruitment tool is fine. Love the idea they have needed this for years now. But removing the social interaction portion of the game before I invite a random person into my "clan", my "house", my "inner sanctum" of which is my clan chat is to fill it with the trash that is on global is a huge mistake. Many will quit over this. Coupled with the issues that legend league has with attacking only 8 times will be the nail in the coffin for me.