Page 47 of 76 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast
Results 461 to 470 of 756

  Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Sunsetting Global Chat Channel in the October Update

  1. #461
    Senior Member HoomanSA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Persia
    Posts
    376
    Best thing ever could happen !

    some people really assumed the global chat as a place to find their partner , which was annoying to see them get tricked by a fake gender person

    Level 242Maxed TH12



  2. #462
    Massive loss to clash of clans if this goes ahead.

    Huge part of the game for me and I'm sure I'm not alone!

    Global is part of the the vetting process for new clan members, sure there are nut jobs on global and that's where I want them to stay! You can't get a feel for someone's character without chatting to them first.

    Is this the end of clash? For me probably. For a lot of others? Could well be.

    I'll give the new recruitment tool a chance but it's going to have to be good.

  3.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #463
    Bakunin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    You'll Have To Find Another No One....
    Posts
    3,313
    Quote Originally Posted by MPDDE795 View Post
    There's way more people that enjoy talking to people around the world than there are sjws reporting everything they dont like in global.
    Quote Originally Posted by ronanSC View Post
    Hi. I totally agree. SJWs are the real plague of every social network.
    "SJWs"? Not sure how much influence for social justice people playing Clash are going to have on the world stage by chatting....

    Its almost as if you didn't read Darian's replies:

    Here - https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...6#post12339606

    Here - https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...8#post12340728

    or Here - https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...8#post12340748
    Last edited by Bakunin; 3 Weeks Ago at 10:27 AM.


  4. #464
    Pro Member RazorBlade72nd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Netherlands Brabant
    Posts
    627
    Quote Originally Posted by Firstnamedumb View Post

    I'll give the new recruitment tool a chance but it's going to have to be good.
    The problem is that it will never be as good as global because you wonít have direct interaction with you and recruit. Most likely there wonít even be a way to approach potential recruits directly. You can most likely only advertise your clan. This will not work with low level clans. Why would annyone join a low level clan if he can also join a high level clan? The only reason I can think of is you like the person you are chatting with on global.
    RazorBlade from the clan De Baar Bazen
    TH12:★★★★★ BBK:65 AQ:65 GW:40 | Clash of Stats: RazorBlade | De Baar Bazen

  5. #465
    Millennial Club
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    1,121
    Quote Originally Posted by RazorBlade72nd View Post
    Why would annyone join a low level clan if he can also join a high level clan?
    What I find humorous on global is the amount of th3-th9 that seem to think there is a high level clan that would have a need to add them to the clan.
    My attacks are always awesome...just not necessarily in a good way.

    If you disagree with me, you are being toxic. If I disagree with you, I'm just speaking the truth.

  6. #466
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Best clan ever
    Posts
    760
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakunin View Post
    "SJWs"? Not sure how much influence for social justice people playing Clash are going to have on the world stage by chatting....

    Its almost as if you didn't read Darian's replies:

    Here - https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...6#post12339606

    Here - https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...8#post12340728

    or Here - https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...8#post12340748
    People do not understand the amount of work needed to police this ....
    All those resources can be invested in actual game and not in some "external" chat system.
    Last edited by BlackDragonD; 3 Weeks Ago at 11:18 AM.
    Leader of Drunken.Hog (#2C2GPL99) friendly fast growing clan.
    Some members have their kids here too, hope we are not too old
    Clan is open 2 days a week, visit us

  7. #467

    Unhappy

    Quote Originally Posted by Darian[Supercell] View Post
    What may seem like a kneejerk reaction to you, is actually something we've been planning for quite a long time. We just wanted to make sure we had a recruitment improvement that would take its place once we were ready. As I've said in the past, a lot goes on behind the scenes; you only see the end result so of course it feels like out of left field.
    Well, hi there 👋

    I know SC likes to get feedback, so here are my two cents about the Global Chat removal.

    Darian, you say you plan the removal for quite some time already, and I can see why it isn't really worth the effort, and that it requires a lot of resources on your side.

    But after carefully reading all your statements about the removal and the upcoming new 'Recruitment Tool' it looks to me like you forgot two other main functionalities of the Global chat.

    First of all I think people are not only using Global for finding users / clans. I've spent hundreds of hours in the German Global chats, and especially at night it's a place for interaction with other people that love the game. You talk about strategies, about upcoming features, rumors, but you talk about all things happening in the world as well! When Notre Dame was burning, the Global chat was a very crowded place to talk about it. User shared their fears and hopes there, talked with foreigners and strangers about the same stuff, and none of it was about recruiting. You remove a social interaction place which will make the quality of the game suffer on the long end. Yes, there still is the possibility of interacting with your clanmates. But there are times where your clan isn't all at the same place, because some helping out in CWL or participating in CWs in other clans. It was always a pleasure when a currently non-clanmate and I found ourselves in the same Global, and we chitchatted about how it goes over there and so on. By removing the Global you kill the opportunity of social interactions with other clashers, and I doubt it will be good for the game at the end.

    I found a lot of clash friends in Global I am in contact now, often even outside of the game. Just because both of us were online at the same time on different parts of the planet, but in the same Global chat. I will miss this opportunity _a lot_.

    Second thing you should take into consideration is the missing opportunity of getting Troops and Siege Machines if your clanmates are offline. What shall we do then? With the Global a simple question for Troops was the easy solution late at night. And now? Shall I use the Recruitment Tool? In the opposite way it was the same. I can't even count in how many clans I was just to spend some Troops and/or Siege Machines. Especially the ladder are things that are asked a lot in Global during CWL for instance, because more Townhall levels can use Siege Machines than build them. The Global Chat were a central place of getting fast Siege Machine support. I don't see how any kind of Recruitment Tool could solve this.

    Well, those are my two cents. I know your decision is final, but I don't think it was a wise one. Which is sad, because I thought SC was finally on the right lane with the development and ideas.

    Nonetheless, a nice weekend to you guys 👋

    Best from Germany
    m.
    marcintosch | TH12.5 | Q65K65W40 | TH established in February 2017

  8. #468
    Forum All-Star PaluEF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    I forgot...
    Posts
    4,147
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackDragonD View Post
    People do not understand the amount of work needed to police this ....
    All those resources can be invested in actual game and not in some "external" chat system.
    As much as any aspect of running a business, it comes down to risk management, and its cost.
    I remain to see the larger effect of the claimed cause on the gaming world at large...

    And some have larger footprint than clash, and are not dealing in same way with same problems.

    PS: I would agree to the idea of re-invest, if the automated Sharky gets an earlier retirement... I donít see (contracted) support/claim agents running development though.

  9. #469
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackDragonD View Post
    People do not understand the amount of work needed to police this ....
    All those resources can be invested in actual game and not in some "external" chat system.
    I agree some don't understand the amount of resources SC had to devote to global and Darian's explanations in that regard helped me to understand why SC is doing away with it (even if for me personally I'd like it to stay I do understand it). Similarly, however, there are many posters here that don't understand that for a lot of players global is an important part of the game. There are players for whom global is more important than clan wars or war league or clan games or whatever. For those players, they won't agree with the claim that this will allow SC to spend more resources in the "actual" game because global is an important part of the actual reason they play.

    Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. Click here for answer on how cc troops deploy (hint, it depends) and more info here. I'm still thinking starting the "new" legends at Legends2 at 5500 and having Legends3 be for 5000-5499 would be good (with season resets to 5000 and 5500 depending on your trophies at season end) but overall I LOVE the Legends change. Thanks SC.

  10.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #470
    Quote Originally Posted by RazorBlade72nd View Post
    The problem is that it will never be as good as global because you won’t have direct interaction with you and recruit. Most likely there won’t even be a way to approach potential recruits directly. You can most likely only advertise your clan. This will not work with low level clans. Why would annyone join a low level clan if he can also join a high level clan? The only reason I can think of is you like the person you are chatting with on global.
    And you know all this how?

    We haven't yet been told what the new recruitment system will look like, so how can you say what it won't (or will) have?

    You are speculating about what will or will not be in it, and stating those speculations as fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •