Page 44 of 133 FirstFirst ... 3442434445465494 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Sunsetting Global Chat Channel in the October Update

Quote Originally Posted by Darian[Supercell] View Post
    This is a rather naive view. As a game publisher and in order to maintain certain age ratings with our publishing platforms, there have to be certain protections in place for players of a certain age. Since our game is 13+, there have to be certain ways players can be protected from predatory behavior or grooming harassment as well as protection from fraudulent or hate speech activity. It's simply a requirement.

Problem is, is that you cannot change player behavior. The more you try to, the more they resist or find workarounds for the restrictions you've put in place. This in turn requires more resources allocated.

Spending millions on policing it when to many it was "just a place to waste time" IS a poor use of resources for any company.
    This. I am actually sad to see Global go. I have enjoyed it over the years, recruited great people from there. Had amazing conversations with people from all over the World that opened my eyes to new ideas and cultures. I have also, seen the Trolls where their only agenda was to hurt others. I have seen rascism that made me ashamed to be American. As an adult, I have worried for littles giving out their social media info and then worried they weren't ""littles" but predators looking for littles. I understand Global is actually a Risk Management issue for SC. But, as someone who has been a COC'er from early on, I will miss it and think nostalgically about it. Thank you Prawnstar (Aizat Zulkefli) who recruited me from there as a tiny TH 4, and my clan Citats who loved and protected me and taught me. We are still strong
    I'm just Lel #YU8YPL2Y.... Th 12... WOW! BK/AQ/GW 65/65/40....Warrior 2755 war stars standing COC

Banned
    While I don't really use global much anymore, I think it's unfortunate that it's being removed.

I do understand why however. In my experience, it only takes a minute or 2 before it gets completely out of hand. I've muted so many trolls and scammers and possible sexual predators that I've been left with a blank chat.

Of course I report the worst offenders but it can be beyond ridiculous.

I hope the new system has been really thought over.

Quote Originally Posted by 7hux View Post
    Now where will I go to insult complete strangers and question their heritage?
    Lots of places! Grocery stores, driving in traffic, sporting events, rock concerts, your very own dinner table, the possibilities are endless!!! Enjoy...
    Quote Originally Posted by Warios View Post
    If they could implement a family clan feature, allowing movement between2 clans without the leave and get accepted system.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darian[Supercell] View Post
    We WOULD like to create some kind of "social network" to provide support systems to Clan families. It's been something on the discussion table before, but hasn't really moved beyond that.

Bad call. You are literally taking one of the stupid fun points away for smack talking gamers. Have met many gamers I would have not met and clan with them now - all from global.

When I didn’t want a clan - I still had global to be social. Without it - I may have dropped this game.

Maybe stop policing it and make it “enter at your own risk”.
    Last edited by BaldcatTitan; September 21st, 2019 at 08:52 PM.

Banned
    It already was "Enter at your own risk" but it went too far and had to go

Quote Originally Posted by KatanaMaster12 View Post
    It already was "Enter at your own risk" but it went too far and had to go
    That’s called the internet. Not only Global Chat. Lucky SC doesn’t manage more than their own game chats.
    You’d be back at sending snail mail (that’s risky even)...

Banned
    Nowadays everything is enter at your own risk

Save Global chat

Please do not delete global chat.
    Global chat allows people to talk to people in different countries around the world and share information for example:
    - different lifestyles
    - different cultures
    - different ideas
    There been number of bad things about global chat but the positives outweigh the netgvives.

Forum Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Collingwood View Post
    Please do not delete global chat.
    Global chat allows people to talk to people in different countries around the world and share information for example:
    - different lifestyles
    - different cultures
    - different ideas
    There been number of bad things about global chat but the positives outweigh the netgvives.
    While many would agree Im sure, you gotta know when the ship has sailed, when the horse has bolted, and when the genie is out the bottle.
    Clan - Highland chiefs - member, 12thDIMENSION - lurking
    Accounts - 15 th12, 3 th11s. 3 th10 Fixing matchmaker :https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...-and-onyzng%21 : how to migrate to supercell ID :https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...cell-ID-Thread

Alea jacta est