Page 21 of 76 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Sunsetting Global Chat Channel in the October Update

for now we can do on sc forum/discord/reddit
    and the new recruitment tool/smart way to find clans what sc is planning to release
    Quote Originally Posted by Petgoat View Post
    How can you promote your clan to recruit players?

Good one. Never expected this anyway. A shocker I say.

Good in the sense that no more kids will be vulnerable to account hackers because global was the place were they make deal and move to a 2 man clan.

But I liked to spend some time on global when my clan chat is not active and if I get some good people at global.

If SC is taking this major step I hope they have a better alternative for this.

Pro Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenchafer View Post
    Kinda hurting on this one as I did enjoy going to Global and asking for a clan to see how many begged me to join. Fun times.

Very bold claim right here. Millions? Without seeing the books, it's impossible to believe that even though I see no reason for you to lie about it. So if you are telling the truth, I'd like to throw a sub contract your way to save Global and reduce overhead cost on you end by a lot.
    There is the nerf to global chat. Mostly used by people for entertainment value to troll instead of being a valuable recruitment tool. The buff will be when the replacement arrives.

Just like with the legends update it's probably more complex. There is also the cost of the servers themselves in addition to paying the employees. Supercell has to maintain servers that would accommodate millions of users that logon for global. AWS cloud servers save them some money but there's a lot of things that go in the "cloud" that we don't see. You would probably be surprised how much everything costs if you've ever seen a contract.

Another part is that how can we distinguish or say this guy is not from an enemy war clan? Especially when we are in CWL or even normal wars.

If it is from global we can 100% guarantee that this is not a spy.
    Question is will it increase the rate of spying or restrict clans from recruitment process?

New Bloke/Chick
    I just went on global and got a new th9 player, not an obvious loser, see how it works out, easy peasy. What could be simpler?

But I’ve still not found my girlfriend.

Fresh Spawn
    Likewise I solely recruit from globals. This will most likely kill the game for many including myself. And quite possibly my clan. Lvl 15 adult war clan. Ive been playing clash since it launched and its sad that one of the main reasons I have stayed playing so long is global passes the time while I wait for troops or visit someones clan to fill requests so that I can lvl up quicker. The social element is a huge part of clash for me.

Centennial Club
    As a chat junky this is not going to be good for my game play. When Clouds were extreme I would change language and find people in most other languages that could chat in English.

As mentioned by me before I recruited most all of my clan from global. I do not invite unless a few things in their profile are consistent with activity. FIN, attacks won, war stars, games points. I do recruit rushed bases. But the biggest thing is their willingness to chat and be pleasant. I do ask age and location but neither disqualify from membership. I consider myself dirt old and a chatty old fool. My clan has age range that spans 60 years. (I'm not the oldest)

I have used other apps where recruiting happens but have never had any from there stay more than a war or 2.

For me global chat is just that, chat. I don't have to recruit often even though I have a few inactive members.

If there is only a recruiting tool inside the game and no ability to chat with random people around the world. I will likely go back to online poker where I can chat with table of players. And change tables. Just as I do by changing language on clash.

Definitely won't be buying next season gold pass or more gems to one gem donate if I'm giving up the game soon.

Time will tell!

Trainee
    Quote Originally Posted by Rider10 View Post
    Another part is that how can we distinguish or say this guy is not from an enemy war clan? Especially when we are in CWL or even normal wars.

If it is from global we can 100% guarantee that this is not a spy.
    Question is will it increase the rate of spying or restrict clans from recruitment process?
    You could just use COCP.IT, to see what clans they’ve been in?!?

Quote Originally Posted by James7877 View Post
    But I’ve still not found my girlfriend.
    Better hurry. The end is near.