Page 55 of 133 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765105 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Sunsetting Global Chat Channel in the October Update

New Bloke/Chick
    This is not good. Global chat was what made coc different from other supercell games

2.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #542
    Quote Originally Posted by bostone View Post
    That's not true. Frequently 10 mins + per base in titan one, and unlike in old legends, u have to hit next regularly. But for the sake of argument, even if it was only 5 mins per base, hitting next 3 times can lead to 20 mins in the clouds
    I don't think I ever had a 10 minute waIt when I was in titans after new LL.

Nor even several 5 minute waits in a row when nexting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)

Quote Originally Posted by zenideas View Post
    Bad decision to remove global.

Simply, if SC ID transition had a confirmation by or an warning that by doing this, account can go at wrong hands forever and support can do nothing about it. There could have been an undo button to cancel SC ID if done something wrong.

Anti-spam? Well, one could paste same text and "clear chat spam" repeatedly by adding/removing one more letter.

Anti-trading? Is there a way to report someone having offensive base design? Or attempting to steal or trade accounts? Simply no.

Support is fully automated bots for about 2 years now.

I would miss about 100 friends I meet almost every week at norsk or even English global. I only were awaiting to see more social features being added to the game.

There could have been permanent block button on players to prevent seeing each other at chat.

Could be options to filter(hide from view) all people who says the following repeatedly :
    Invite/invade/invit/invait
    Leadership
    Free id
    Hlw/hy/hlo
    Clane/cln
    Plz
    Bro
    Any gril

There could have been few levels of global based on maturity ranking (like on forum). People who like to chat decently could lurk together and messy ones could be sent to messy Globals.

There could have been volunteers from players to help rating player types in the chats.

But removing global will gradually end interest in this game for a large group.
    Plus 1
    I agree to everything you said

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post

Ur a lucky person then, it happens quite regularly with me. Im in Toronto canada, mornings r always terrible for me.

We have a few players in high Titans, and they comment on the 5-10 minute search times regularly.
    You have mentioned in the past both your accounts are in low LL, how long has it been since you spent an extended period of time in Titans? Things could have changed since you last were there regularly.
    Level: 256 | TH12 | GG 2B
    Highest Trophy Count:5376 | Donations: 1.26 million | Hero Levels: 170
    Leader of Rogue Elite
    #8200L0UJ
    Retired League Clan and Players recruiting experienced attackers to play in a relaxed and fun environment.
    ​Our Discord link https://discord.gg/pwz4W2h

South East of China, not that far away from Shanghai, or Hong Kong, just where my heart is...

Lucky you then. Iíve had several 10 minutes wait just yesterday (I know because I managed to smoke 2 cigarettes before I finally found an opponent)

I would prefer playing tetris than chatting in global chat while waiting in the clouds... but I agree chatting in global is better than nothing while in the clouds
    Nothing here stays the same forever. You must learn to change as the game changes, or clash will force you one way or another.

8.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #548
    Quote Originally Posted by Warios View Post
    We have a few players in high Titans, and they comment on the 5-10 minute search times regularly.
    You have mentioned in the past both your accounts are in low LL, how long has it been since you spent an extended period of time in Titans? Things could have changed since you last were there regularly.
    An extended period, probably at least a month. A day or two, less then two weeks ago. I'm low enough that I do sometimes find it hard to maintain Legends, particularly at the start of the season.

But I found that using training boosts to get back in, I was waiting for the CC request cooldown every time. And that often after 2-3 nexts, sometimes more.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)

Been cruising the r/clashofclans global chats via discord. Much more provided there. Just need another device to keep it open while raiding.
    Last edited by Mudbugs; September 24th, 2019 at 10:37 PM.

IGN: Aidan - Leader, lvl 227
    Invictus Fire - Level 18

Banned

I was knocked out of Legend earlier this season because I wasn't able to log on for 2 1/2 days.

I saw clouds around 15 to 25 minutes.