Page 42 of 133 FirstFirst ... 3240414243445292 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Sunsetting Global Chat Channel in the October Update

Pro Member
    My last invite from global was needed as a filler for a 50vs50. The random filler donated wrong troops 3x before getting kicked. I didn't do a background check at the time since it was a filler. When I finally looked up clan history the person was in 5 clans in one day. Hoping for something better for recruiting than global which is a mess.

If they make recruitment lobbies with a bunch of filters, where players and leaders can speak once they've put in their parameters, this would be a homerun. I find myself trying to recruit right before clan games. I always need help with clan games as were are a small clan of about 8-9 people with multiple accounts. Clan games is the perfect opportunity to "get to know players". It doesnt need to be done in a global chat. If i see players maxing clan games points which is GOOD FOR THE CLAN, they can always have a spot in my clan. I think the key is to fill up clans for clan games and then go from there.

If they replace the global chat tab with a new visitor chat tab where invited players go to that tab to chat with the clan but cannot donate, see base designs, war replays, etc. until they get invited a second time into the main clan...that would be great combined with a new robust recruiting system. I would still miss the chatting in global, but the recruiting part would be just as good if not better.

This of course would be in addition to the third chat tab that I want which is for a sister clan that allows not only chatting but donating and FCs.

Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. Click here for answer on how cc troops deploy (hint, it depends) and more info here. How is war map placement of max halls determined you ask, check out threads like this one. Thank you SC for the new legends! I'd start it at 5500 and let farmers play 5000-5500, but overall it is a great improvement.

Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    If they replace the global chat tab with a new visitor chat tab where invited players go to that tab to chat with the clan but cannot donate, see base designs, war replays, etc. until they get invited a second time into the main clan...that would be great combined with a new robust recruiting system. I would still miss the chatting in global, but the recruiting part would be just as good if not better.

This of course would be in addition to the third chat tab that I want which is for a sister clan that allows not only chatting but donating and FCs.
    Just curious. You donate from a level 10 plus clan to 10 minus, which perks count?
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22

Quote Originally Posted by Piper139 View Post
    Just curious. You donate from a level 10 plus clan to 10 minus, which perks count?
    Hmm, I didn't give it much thought but I'm thinking the new level 1 clan shouldn't get the donation perk, even as a sister clan to a level 10 clan.

Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. Click here for answer on how cc troops deploy (hint, it depends) and more info here. How is war map placement of max halls determined you ask, check out threads like this one. Thank you SC for the new legends! I'd start it at 5500 and let farmers play 5000-5500, but overall it is a great improvement.

Fresh Spawn
    I hope they add the ability to restrict joining clans by TownHall level. The Trophy level restriction is very limited.

I was hoping something along the line of strict filtering. Give players option to join for war, cg, troops, chat etc and give clans options to recruit for the same. This system can be further improved if a player fails to fulfil the said requirements, he be banned from joining any clan for a particular time period. For example if a player joins a clan with a bond that he'd score 2k in cg but he fails to do so, reduce his credibility credit score which should be visible to others and once he goes down a particular threshold, ban him from joining any clan. But these things will be too complicated and I doubt sc will go this far. What I believe sc will do is create a forum like platform in game for recruitment. Will see what they can do after the update, have no high hope from my side tho.

This is a natural progression. I used global most often when clouding in legends - once that was fixed, my global activity greatly reduced. While Ive had some great and interesting times in global, it had really become a mockery of what was intended. As long as SC can implement something to fulfill the recruiting aspect, I think it will be just fine. Btw, there is SOOOO much SC can do for recruiting, clan categorization/metatagging, alliances, reputation, etc. that if done right, people will soon forget about global.
    Last edited by IronBrigade; September 21st, 2019 at 02:41 AM.

Pro Member
    As far as the recruitment side goes I'm hoping for quite a bit. I'd like to see both clans and players be able to set options of if and what they are looking for.

So as a clan you could set what th, hero, troop, ect levels you are looking for. Also be able to set things like language, location, or certain achievement criteria. Even be able to turn off recruitment so that players looking for clans cannot see your clan. Players would have similar looking for a clan with a certain CWL league, potential clan game results, war frequency and others. Basically I want a lot of new search features added to help define what a clan or player is looking for.

After that I'd also like some sort of personal message or chat room feature between the player and clan leaders/co leaders (the recruiter basically). Something where one side could initiate a generic request and once the other side accepted they could chat. Something like this to cover the global chat feature during recruiting. Either side could end the conversation at any time and block the other so players can't continue to be harassed.

Also, players should be able to search for a new clan while part of an existing clan, same as they can now on global. But you can't just invite random people in a clan. They'd have to opt in to looking for a clan and through the chatting process.

As for the chatting part of global, it's probably asking a lot, but if they could set up these individual chats you could expand it to the friends list. Allow the same block features over there as well. It wouldn't help finding random people to talk to, but it would allow to keep in touch with friends easier.

South East of China, not that far away from Shanghai, or Hong Kong, just where my heart is...
    So, now were one tab free, can we finally get separate tab for war chat or clan leadership or FCs and replays?
    Last edited by MasterEdy; September 21st, 2019 at 04:21 AM.