Page 51 of 128 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Sunsetting Global Chat Channel in the October Update

Centennial Club
    I rarely go to global chat, but I happened to be there when I started to chat with someone. I liked it and I asked if I could join his/her (didn't know her gender then) clan. That was the way I got in the clan I'm in and have been there for about 5 years since.
    We have a solid family core of players so we don't recuit often but when we do we do it in global. No other socials, no discord, nothing else. That's because we care about our privacy.
    I happened to meet a lot of trolls in global, as anyone else, that's what the mute/report buttons are for.
    I understand SC wish to optimize rss allocation. I only hope the "improved" recruitment system let us chat to ppl before inviting.
    I respect SC decision, but I don't like it. At least chatting in global was a better way to spend time in between army cooking than playing BB.

It is weird because even if I thought that global chat after all was not so important to me yesterday when I tried to take a look at it and since there were no message in the board my first instinct was to uninstall the game. Then a message appeared and I understood that the moment hadn't yet come. I think that this decision of Supercell is going to make million of players leave the game and not returning (including me). I've been playing since 2014, I maxxed my village 2 or 3 times and stopped playing as many times for long periods. Each time I approach the game again I like to go to global chat to understand what's going on, meet new people and eventually to join a new clan. When I play I like to play for one hour or so consecutively and during the long pauses that I have to wait waiting for army cooking I like to go to global chat just to take a look at (or to laught at) what people are saying, or if I find decent people I can chat a little with them. Let's say that global chat to me is a way to fill the spaces between an attack and another and especially when I'm pushing these pauses can be very long. I understand that in global chat there are way too many kids to deal with, many of them are not yet self restrained and are offensive and annoying, but I think that SC should have addressed the matter differently to avoid this issue, for example allowing to partecipate to global chat only player above a certain league (Crystal III for example) in this way all the immature idiots that usually don't go after the first few levels of the game could not have had access to it.
    Last edited by Lucius321; 4 Weeks Ago at 09:44 AM.
    Level 196 TH12 (#UYPGPY2L)

Global chat

Hello supercell please dont remove global chat

Yeah taking away the global seems reasonable. But youre taking away more than it seems. I officially know im never going to run into an old clanmate. Im not casual enough to remain in a clan. when i do have my burst of clash, now knowing i cant just chat in global. This game seems like its not the type for me. Which makes me happy, this game is the only mobile game i do play. Maybe i can focus on other things now

KillerEliteUK, SniperEliteUK, VoodooEliteUK
    Quote Originally Posted by Boardname View Post
    Yeah taking away the global seems reasonable. But youre taking away more than it seems. I officially know im never going to run into an old clanmate. Im not casual enough to remain in a clan. when i do have my burst of clash, now knowing i cant just chat in global. This game seems like its not the type for me. Which makes me happy, this game is the only mobile game i do play. Maybe i can focus on other things now
    Thats they key point.. everyone including supercell are solely focussing upon the negatives of global and ignoring any positives that there are.

Centennial Club
    I thought that the social aspect of the game was important to supercell, but by removing the global chat you’re killing that. I often encounter some very nice people, and have a nice chat. Of course there are trolls, but I rather have them in global, than invite them to my clan. I’ll wait what the update brings, but this is a dealbreaker, maybe it’s time to stop

Will we get any sneak peek this week ?🤔

Not sure ,since sc has not announced it yet
    according to my speculation - maybe next month?
    Quote Originally Posted by ProPanda View Post
    Will we get any sneak peek this week ?樂

|*Click here*If you want a cool forum signature|
    | GFX Group | Clan | Forum achievements |

When they say October update, it is more likely to mean near the end of October. It is even possible, when things go bad, it can mean first week of November.

So have patience, and play the game in its present form until the update drops.
    I truly believe the recruitment tool will improve over time. Please read my posts on this topic not as complaints, but as a polite request for improvement. Often I include a suggestion, or an observation of an existing function that could make the tool function.
    Before we throw the baby out with the bath, I would like to remind you that recruiting in global was no picnic either. Mostly hoppers, very few serious players.

Quote Originally Posted by Call me H View Post
    Thats they key point.. everyone including supercell are solely focussing upon the negatives of global and ignoring any positives that there are.
    There are times, as in life, that the negatives far outweigh the positives making continuation untenable.
    Dogmatix | TH12 - The Final Frontier |