Page 120 of 133 FirstFirst ... 2070110118119120121122130 ... LastLast
Results 1,191 to 1,200 of 1322

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Sunsetting Global Chat Channel in the October Update

1.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #1191
    Quote Originally Posted by 0x0000000167 View Post
    SC had no choice but to remove global chat due to government pressures, either this or the game itself, so lesser of two evils.

The problem is that 1. if in titan's clouds theres nothing to keep you entertained, and 2. its really impossible to grow majority of clans out there now, as there is a definite disfunction between higher/lower.
    I do want to make something very clear. There was no external pressure from governments or any other agencies. It was something we proactively decided and have been working towards for quite a long while.

If the problem were as simple as players using profanity or other prohibited language, that wouldn't be reason alone to close global. While we're on the topic of profanity, the fun thing about trolls is that they will always find new ways to circumvent profanity filters, and those of a darker demeanor - such as child predators - don't use foul language at all to try and find new victims to groom. They tend to use normal, everyday language that would never been moderated.

As with most online games, chat moderation is a reactive thing. Meaning, we can't predict or pre-moderate what someone is going to say - that would be quite the feat if we could. We didn't have someone actively monitoring chats as they happen. That is simply unrealistic as the number of people required to monitor all the different global chats 24-hours a day would be in the hundreds of agents. So we, like every other game company, often rely on players reporting the chat.

We already had a full time team of over 30+ agents whose job alone was to handle reported issues in chats, and that is after our various systems were able to identify whether or not the reported issue was something of a higher priority than others (ie - bomb threats or suicide threats, etc.).
    AKA Tank Puppy

“In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this.”
    Terry Pratchett

Quote Originally Posted by Mudbugs View Post
    Maybe SC shouldve taken away the ability to chat in global and replaced it with something similar that a bot in discord provides. See the player's one line profile, click his profile, and invite.

Absolutely 👍
    Why can't we filter town halls, BK/AQ/GW levels, trophies, war stars, location

INSTEAD
    WE GET LIKE CHILDISH ICONS AND THEY CAN PICK ANY ICONS LIKE VETERAN OR TEACHER WHICH CLEARLY THEY ARE NOT. NOT THE BEST WAY TO SELF EVALUATE THEMSELVES PROPERLY.

I have seen a lot of low level 3-5 town halls who have put badges like teacher, veteran, clan games (which isn't even unlocked at their town hall levels), this is so cringy

Forum Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Darian[Supercell] View Post
    I do want to make something very clear. There was no external pressure from governments or any other agencies. It was something we proactively decided and have been working towards for quite a long while.

If the problem were as simple as players using profanity or other prohibited language, that wouldn't be reason alone to close global. While we're on the topic of profanity, the fun thing about trolls is that they will always find new ways to circumvent profanity filters, and those of a darker demeanor - such as child predators - don't use foul language at all to try and find new victims to groom. They tend to use normal, everyday language that would never been moderated.

As with most online games, chat moderation is a reactive thing. Meaning, we can't predict or pre-moderate what someone is going to say - that would be quite the feat if we could. We didn't have someone actively monitoring chats as they happen. That is simply unrealistic as the number of people required to monitor all the different global chats 24-hours a day would be in the hundreds of agents. So we, like every other game company, often rely on players reporting the chat.

We already had a full time team of over 30+ agents whose job alone was to handle reported issues in chats, and that is after our various systems were able to identify whether or not the reported issue was something of a higher priority than others (ie - bomb threats or suicide threats, etc.).
    I think most reasonable people understand global had to go, its been very well explained at this point and hopefully wont need to be repeated. HOWEVER I must ask, If this was long time in the works, how on earth could the devs think this tool was acceptable? Its even less functional than simply searching clans or leagues, features that already exist in clash, and currently you Iether cant invite players due to full inboxes and the ones you can I am guessing have invites turned off.

Even global with preset recruiting requests would have been 10 times better than this, being able to search by townhall and a few objective variables would have been 100 times better than this, having a Max invites per day as well as more frequent invites clearing would help a little.

If this was long in the works, your devs let the player base down badly.
    Last edited by Vikingchief; October 21st, 2019 at 07:56 AM.
    Clan - Highland chiefs - member, 12thDIMENSION - lurking
    Accounts - 15 th12, 3 th11s. 3 th10 Fixing matchmaker :https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...-and-onyzng%21 : how to migrate to supercell ID :https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...cell-ID-Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Darian[Supercell] View Post
    I do want to make something very clear. There was no external pressure from governments or any other agencies. It was something we proactively decided and have been working towards for quite a long while. <snip>
    Then it's even more worrisome that all you [you being SC here, not you personally] could come up with for a 'replacement' is the non-functioning mess we have now.... Sorry to sound rude, but let's face it: SC just walking around this, not acknowledging anything is a slap in the face of the whole community....

Quote Originally Posted by JusMe View Post
    Then it's even more worrisome that all you [you being SC here, not you personally] could come up with for a 'replacement' is the non-functioning mess we have now.... Sorry to sound rude, but let's face it: SC just walking around this, not acknowledging anything is a slap in the face of the whole community....
    Exactly. This is embarrassing for them. They could have done a lot of work over time but I wonder what have they been doing at all these times? Playing games while getting paid?

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Petgoat View Post
    I have seen a lot of low level 3-5 town halls who have put badges like teacher, veteran, clan games (which isn't even unlocked at their town hall levels), this is so cringy
    I agree.
    These tags should unlock/scale with the base and person as they level.

However, various people have multiple accounts, which throws a spanner into this suggestion. Whose to say that this account isn't a mini of a max legend player? Unless accounts are linked no one will know - it's global all over again "yes, my main is number 44 in … ".

Recruitment system/lebals needs reworks,i didn't like new UI in players profile.

Pro Member Adrian"TheRanger"Malhiers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Abhi54321 View Post
    Recruitment system/lebals needs reworks,i didn't like new UI in players profile.
    Yeah I agree with you and that needs to be fixed.

Pro Member Adrian"TheRanger"Malhiers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 0x0000000167 View Post
    I agree.
    These tags should unlock/scale with the base and person as they level.

However, various people have multiple accounts, which throws a spanner into this suggestion. Whose to say that this account isn't a mini of a max legend player? Unless accounts are linked no one will know - it's global all over again "yes, my main is number 44 in … ".
    Yes, but I think that they don't need to link it but the badges should definitely be unlocked after completing a particular requirement.