Page 129 of 133 FirstFirst ... 2979119127128129130131 ... LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,290 of 1322

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Sunsetting Global Chat Channel in the October Update

lol darians word.

Returning player, one question....

Hi, so, if some of you remember hello long time no see!

Quick and simple question, what happened to Global Chat?

I haven’t played in almost two years.

Edit: if this has been asked before, really sorry!

And thanks in advance!
    Last edited by BbaBaba123; 3 Weeks Ago at 11:50 PM.

Party Like It's 1999
    Quote Originally Posted by BbaBaba123 View Post

Pretty simple really, the predators moved into chat and SC rightfully closed it.
    Last edited by Tosti111; 3 Weeks Ago at 11:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BbaBaba123 View Post

Global was just removed last week for numerous reasons, most notably having to coordinate with law enforcement in multiple countries any time there were death threats, suicide threats, bomb threats, and child predators.
    https://forum-content.supercell.com/signaturepics/sigpic1628699_2.gif
    | TH12 | BK 55 | AQ 56 | GW 20 |

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix1027 View Post
    Global was just removed last week for numerous reasons, most notably having to coordinate with law enforcement in multiple countries any time there were death threats, suicide threats, bomb threats, and child predators.
    Yep. And there just wasn’t enough in SuperCell’s $6.4 billion dollar revenue to allocate resources for it.

Oh, it’s more of a single player game now too, good luck using the ‘recruitment tool’. You’re honestly better off creating a mini and donating to yourself.

But hey, cool Halloween themes amiright?
    Last edited by bct; 3 Weeks Ago at 12:09 AM.

I see! Interesting!

Thank you for the help! I returned today to the game and saw this change that was interesting among the other changes that I’m intrigued by. Such as the challenges.

I’m curious as to how this will affect the new player experience as they wouldn’t have an option to communicate readily but at least now it’s safer for the general public.

I hope....

Edit: I’m curious if they will have some sort of different method to allow players to recruit others such as a reddit link that connects you and redirects you from the game to a recruiting forum as a way of improving it.

As it stands, Reddit is arguably safer and has a more stricter guidelines I believe? If anyone is very savvy with how reddit communities work correct me if I’m wrong or have the wrong idea.
    Last edited by BbaBaba123; 3 Weeks Ago at 01:14 AM.

Forum Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Tosti111 View Post
    Pretty simple really, the predators moved into chat and SC rightfully closed it.
    Tell Schwarzenegger about it. He will take care of it for us.

Fresh Spawn

How to bring back Global [Idea/Fix]

Similar to Clash Royale, global should consist of canned messages. This will eliminate the vulgarity problems that existed.

Examples:

”I need a Clan!”
    ”We are recruiting, join here!”
    ”We need players for war”
    ”We need players for clan games”

Provide functionality to directly reply to a user who posts a message like “I need a clan!”. It would look something like:

[User Name]: (Chief) Join here!

I believe Supercell is creative enough to make a good variety of phrases for users.

Also, implement a cool down on messages sent so that people don’t flood the chat with repetitive spam messages. Just take control back of the platform. Random searches are not a viable long term solution. We don’t need to have full convos to recruit, we just need reasonable access. The search tool isn’t it, but neither is global. This is a good balance.

Pro Member Adrian"TheRanger"Malhiers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Suneeboy View Post
    Similar to Clash Royale, global should consist of canned messages. This will eliminate the vulgarity problems that existed.

Examples:

”I need a Clan!”
    ”We are recruiting, join here!”
    ”We need players for war”
    ”We need players for clan games”

Provide functionality to directly reply to a user who posts a message like “I need a clan!”. It would look something like:

[User Name]: (Chief) Join here!

I believe Supercell is creative enough to make a good variety of phrases for users.

Also, implement a cool down on messages sent so that people don’t flood the chat with repetitive spam messages. Just take control back of the platform. Random searches are not a viable long term solution. We don’t need to have full convos to recruit, we just need reasonable access. The search tool isn’t it, but neither is global. This is a good balance.
    This has been suggested by many on this Forums and we all kinda agree on adding this into the game as a replacement for global recruitment.