Page 13 of 78 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Sunsetting Global Chat Channel in the October Update

when viewing chat features on other SC games without global chat, the game feels boring. The chat clan turns off and only activates when there is a need, and it repeats endlessly.
    should before determining, learn what has happened, in other SC games, everything feels bland.
    COC is phenomenal, one of which is because of its social features, everything interacts, not just playing. and look at other SC games that are minimal social, are they able to pass through the phenomenal COC, never at all, even CR which in the rating of game reviews is always positioned above COC, never as phenomenal as COC, ok that's outside the game. in a SC game that is minimal social, such as what interactions in the game, the SC should know more about what is happening to the clan / neighbor / guild of other SC games, all the clan chats are never alive, boring.
    COC has gameplay features in the form of waiting time, to spend waiting time, there is a global chat, now the global chat time-saver goes away, who knows what will happen ..
    not everyone is able to find a clan that is really always active in chat, but most players can find a burnout in global chat.
    gloat chat is not just a place to find members, indeed yes, problems in global chat also exist and cannot be considered trivial, but deleting them is only due to a slight problem and forgetting all the benefits of the global clan, it's a little unwise.
    why did I say a little problem? because compared to all the chats that occurred in 1 day, how many reports were received? up to 50% of all chats that occur? not that much right ??

What I'm most sad about is that I've just realized we won't be able to do event like "Donation Frenzy" anymore. Those kind of events depended heavily on global and i dare say would bring the best of Global Chat to light. Glad I got to participate in the last one as a volunteer =/

Centennial Club
    Really wondering how recruitment is going to work now. I like to chat to people before joining is my main form.

That or they need to allow us to change clan name as many players judge us wrongly based purely on clan name which I canít avoid. Global really helps with this being able to talk to people.

I never used global myself. I can see why many clan leaders are disappointed. However, this is probably the right decision for both supercell and the players.

Global chat was a huge drain on resources. Constantly moderating it costs time and money that could be used elsewhere.

As long as the new recruitment system is good then removing global will benifit everyone. Leaders will not have to compete with spam. Members will be able to find good clans. Supercell will save resources.

This will also probably help support. With less resources being sent to global the responses might get better.

Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    So now we need to have conversations with dozens of players in clan chat, players that are already in our clan, donating (maybe wrong) taking troops, looking at war designs, copying bases, etc. for the one that we actually would have invited out of those dozens under the old system? The last thing I want is to move the toxicity that could be ignored on global into our clan. I could chat with many players every day on global without that filling up our clan chat to find the one that might get an invite. Most of the time I can tell just by watching the chat with other people on global whether Iíd give someone an invite. As a clan that has been closed for years and recruits exclusively from global, we are very nervous about this change. Basically my advice to my clan so far is to wait until we see what the new tools are before passing final judgment, but without a chat feature in the new tools I think we will be very disappointed. News is spreading to global now and the disappointment is easy to see there from those who actually use it.
    Agree. IME, 50% of global is jerks, the other 50% normal. It provides a great way to filter potential recruits. Would have been nice if they would release this new recruiting thing side by side with global first.

Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    This is not to say I donít understand why SC made this decision. The negatives to global are pretty obvious. Just because I understand it, though, doesnít mean I like it for me personally and for my clan. We are worried it is going to be a big negative for us. We shall see I guess.
    Rather than dumping global chat altogether SC could have simply required age verification to join the chat. Talk about an easy way to filter the trolls....

As for the age allowances anyway, internal clan chats are not auto-moderated like global, so I am confused about how they can maintain their rating with the existing clan chat. It makes little sense to me but I don't pretend to understand all the laws/etc surrounding this.
    TMBG War Clan always recruiting - Wars with TH8-12
    TMBG Discord server:
    https://discord.gg/aXdgW6w
    TH10 - Doctor Worm permamax (for now)
    TH11 - doug 50/50/20 heroes

Forum Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Thegreatpuma View Post
    Agree. IME, 50% of global is jerks, the other 50% normal. It provides a great way to filter potential recruits. Would have been nice if they would release this new recruiting thing side by side with global first.

Rather than dumping global chat altogether SC could have simply required age verification to join the chat. Talk about an easy way to filter the trolls....

As for the age allowances anyway, internal clan chats are not auto-moderated like global, so I am confused about how they can maintain their rating with the existing clan chat. It makes little sense to me but I don't pretend to understand all the laws/etc surrounding this.
    To be fair Puma, not all of the trolls were children. There is a large percentage that somehow managed to reach the age of majority and never moved out from under their bridge.

Global chat was always one of extremes. On the one hand I have had some wonderfully esoteric discussions in it, for nothing more than the pure pleasure of interacting with people just because there were there to be interacted with. On the otherhand the rampant racism and vile spewed in there is a horrifying reminder of the world we live in. FWIW I would call people out on it, as I don’t believe in letting that stuff slide.

Removing global chat doesn’t make humanity any better, it just kicks any exposure from it out of Supercell’s games. They gave us some tools to try to be proactive in managing it ourselves (mute, report) but if it is cost-prohibitive for them, as a game, then I get why they need to make a change. Educating people to be better isn’t part of Supercell’s remit. I will miss those very random and wonderful discussions though.

This will be impactful on recruiting. I am very keen to see what the new recruiting tools are. I hope it extends to the forum, or supplants what is on the forum right now. The existing clan recruitment threads are limited in what they can achieve. It’s a blast out there to no-one in particular. I hope for a much more interactive system - one where you as a leader/co-leader can enter searchable items about what you are looking for, and it can be effectively searched by someone looking for a clan. That would be worth giving up global chat for.
    Started playing Jan 2019
    Convert from DomiNations
    Part of Sheepdogs - woof!
    TH11 - LOJY8UUP9

The addition of a better recruitment tool is excellent news but the removal of chat is a little odd. If you are spending resources policing it and don't have those resources or don't want to continue spending money on it then don't. Let it run itself. Have a disclaimer at the opening of chat letting people know it is no longer watched and let the little trolls have their play ground......I personally never enter Global because I can't stand the kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Darian[Supercell] View Post

Over the years, we found ourselves putting no short amount of resources into policing Global chat with the help of dedicated Support and Anti-Fraud agents as well as implementing spam detection and trying different mechanics to shield players from offensive or inappropriate communications that have no place in Clash of Clans.

[/FONT]
    This is not just confined to global chat -- this happens in a clan also.....or is it a hint that you're going to remove clans from the game soon? 0_o

Limits like fear are often just an illusion
    Quote Originally Posted by higgsbosons View Post

cons:
    - no quick friendly challenges outside your clan
    - no troop requests if your clan is asleep
    - no nice global conversations anymore
    - can't talk to recruit prospects before invite them
    - clanless players can't talk to anybody ingame
    I know it will not be in game,but many of these cons can be fixed by joining /r/ClashofClans discord server.
    You can have a nice conversation,request for troops,ask for FC,recruit members or look for a clan.
    There's also some clans only for FCs.One can go there to get some FCs.