Page 95 of 133 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697105 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Sunsetting Global Chat Channel in the October Update

it could be better if there was a public poll inside the game about this before taking any action , but anyways many people are happy about this change and sure many others are sad , but yest this was one of the worst updates of COC

Level 258Maxed TH13

Millennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    I would say those saying "This will kill the game" or similar (and there have been a few of those ) are over the top enough to clasz as tears.
    I would disagree with you. I think taking away a major aspect of the game and replacing it with something which neither serves the same purpose or has any noticable value has potential to really harm the game. I don't think that's over the top, I think that's a potential reality. Classifying that as tears is a pretty dismissive and rude way of dealing with people's legitimate concerns about a game which they have invested a tremendous amount of time and in many cases money.

It's fine that you don't agree this is concerning but being dismissive of other's concerns is borderline ignorant.

I have 25 accounts and I've logged into exactly one of them in the past week and that one I've only logged in to do war attacks a couple of times.

Sunsetting global had a small part to do with it but the larger part, for me, was the lack of any new content.

The last content we recieved was in June and that wasn't very much so at this point we're going on several months since we've had anything really new introduced to the game and I've honestly just reached a point of boredom with the game in general.

I hope the winter update is everything it can be, but it's going to be a long couple of months to get there.

Level 18
    - 17,872/18,500 | Master III
    BloodyIrishman - TH13 [Level 208] - #2 in TH12 Hall of Fame
    Follow this link if you're interested in joining!

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by TEDYBEAR666 View Post
    This new update destroy all the fun in the game. Indeed I used to play for years and now I really feel like I should stop. General chat was very cool because you got to talk to the ppl before inviting them to your clan. Also, why is it so important to make your game worst and worst? Iím serious are payed for this because you are good at it! Wonít be surprise to see players ending their game!
    Alright, we get it, you don't like the loss of Global. But please don't spam the forums with multiple threads about it:
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...hat?p=12367880

Quote Originally Posted by SumoSloth View Post
    Classifying that as tears is a pretty dismissive and rude way of dealing with people's legitimate concerns about a game which they have invested a tremendous amount of time and in many cases money.
    Agree with Sumo
    While i wasn't the biggest user of global i have made some good clash friends/recruits from it. This new system is absolute Pants, I Don't know nobody who likes it. Global was far from perfect but it was better than this new system.

Honest Question Darian

I started to believe the chief of Supercell Developers clicked on one of those spam forum links where Baba/Pundit/Guruji or some voodoo/tantra magic guys told them they can change things flick of a second. We are seeing lots of maintenance breaks without a single change being in effect. Basically its illogical to expect things from Machine Learning when developers have presented us bugs from many years. Coding for Machine Learning would require months of data to work and that too would work after codes are bug free.

Which kind of project chief would allow a completely new system into something which was working without testibg them parallelly? Could you guys not try running your so-called Machine Learning while 90% clans could recruit conventionally?

Why experimenting codes live directly? Why could it not be run into existing system as a trial for long?

Why would you not protect SC ID and email based accounts better like accounts of Facebook or twitter does? People do not pay for those services but they are still reliable. You didn't introduce reporting system for Scammers or frauds, but turned off most livelier part of the game.

Why not allow rating system for players for being agressive/mildly behaved etc? You could allow separate types of chats for each category of users.

How can you rely upon a Machine AI system without giving much control to the end user for whom they want or not isnt really clear.
    Last edited by zenideas; October 21st, 2019 at 08:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by zenideas View Post
    I started to believe the chief of Supercell Developers clicked on one of those spam forum links where Baba/Pundit/Guruji or some voodoo/tantra magic guys told them they can change things flick of a second. We are seeing lots of maintenance breaks without a single change being in effect. Basically its illogical to expect things from Machine Learning when developers have presented us bugs from many years. Coding for Machine Learning would require months of data to work and that too would work after codes are bug free.

Which kind of project chief would allow a completely new system into something which was working without testibg them parallelly? Could you guys not try running your so-called Machine Learning while 90% clans could recruit conventionally?

Why experimenting codes live directly? Why could it not be run into existing system as a trial for long?

Why would you not protect SC ID and email based accounts better like accounts of Facebook or twitter does? People do not pay for those services but they are still reliable. You didn't introduce reporting system for Scammers or frauds, but turned off most livelier part of the game.

Why not allow rating system for players for being agressive/mildly behaved etc? You could allow separate types of chats for each category of users.

How can you rely upon a Machine AI system without giving much control to the end user for whom they want or not isnt really clear.
    Want know what they do good with this update and don't need fix?

Shop Offer. New design, no bugs.

While chief earn money - what happen inside he no care.
    "Here" - Could be Your advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by zenideas View Post

Unfortunately there is way too much space for abusing such a system, and it would otherwise turn out to be just another thing that would have to be policed...
    Last edited by JusMe; October 18th, 2019 at 05:34 PM.

Fresh Spawn
    Temporary enable global again until bugs fixed... Most everyone would be happy again.

Quote Originally Posted by JusMe View Post
    Unfortunately there is way too much space for abusing such a system, and it would otherwise turn out to be just another thing that would have to be policed...
    If the programmers at SC are that good at Machine Learning, they could easily detect people who are toxic and who are non-aggressive. If they are not, its not the right time to go solely on a Machine Learning system. I am not convinced.

Because, most vital part of this new recruiting system is said to be working behind the scenes. The rating system could be working behind the scenes too. People who got flagged for toxic, flame chats would be throtted and those who are mildly behaved would be put to normal level of chats.
    Youtube Channel: Leninion

Discord Server for Clan (Formal way to apply to our clan)