Page 1 of 78 1231151 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Sunsetting Global Chat Channel in the October Update

1.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #1

Sunsetting Global Chat Channel in the October Update

Hey Clashers,

We have some very important news we would like to share about the direction the team is taking with regards to social interaction in Clash of Clans.

In the next update, we are going to be removing the Global Chat channel from the game.

When we created the Global Chat channel, our goal was to create a central hub of social interaction that engages Clashers from around the world to interact with each other.

While this was a noble endeavor, unfortunately reality taught us a lesson. Over the years, we found ourselves putting no short amount of resources into policing Global chat with the help of dedicated Support and Anti-Fraud agents as well as implementing spam detection and trying different mechanics to shield players from offensive or inappropriate communications that have no place in Clash of Clans.

One of the main functions that Global Chat provides is a channel for Clans to find new recruits. This has been one of the main obstacles preventing the Clash team from removing Global Chat; without an improved Clan recruitment tool, Global Chat remained the primary method for players to find a new Clan outside of social media channels or the official forums.

In the next update, we will be improving the Clan recruitment functionality, making it easier than ever for Clans to find new members and for players to find Clans that best suit their play style.

In conclusion, while we’re sad to see Global Chat go, we feel we can better dedicate the resources allocated to policing Global Chat towards improving the Clash of Clans experience for our players.

-The Clash of Clans Team

AKA Tank Puppy

“In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this.”
    Terry Pratchett

Probably best news related to CoC this month
    Leader of Drunken.Hog (#2C2GPL99) friendly fast growing clan.
    Some members have their kids here too, hope we are not too old
    Clan is open 2 days a week, visit us

Good riddance, this should virtually end the SC ID scam and be better for the game as a whole. Nicely done SC!
    Last edited by DreadPirateRoberts; 3 Weeks Ago at 12:11 PM.
    Wizard's Duel #PGLP0802 – Dread Pirate R #2Y0JGYUGU - Max TH12
    Contact me on Discord (Dread Pirate Roberts#5841)
    Credit for avatar - I found it here

With all due respect, this is ridiculous.
    TH9 | Level 266| 1727 war stars | 2B GG, 2B EE, 8.94m HH

Friend in Need 1.87 million | Sharing is Caring 50k | BH8 PB 4600
    Player Tag #CVL802G

New Bloke/Chick
    This kind of saddens me a little bit. I agree the change is good, but so many good memories were created in Norsk global chat.

Centennial Club
    hmm that's weird

Millennial Club
    I figured it was only gonna be a matter of time this happened to be honest.

Idk if it'll actually be a good thing of not tho, that's one of the things i disliked about CR because the recruiting aspect isn't there.

I get that you plan on "improving the Clan recruitment functionality, making it easier than ever for Clans to find new members and for players to find Clans that best suit their play style." I still heavily recruit on global, so I guess it will depend on how this will actually work to see if the recruitment process for our clan will actually go down.

Can't say I'm surprised I've rarely clicked that tab in the years I've played and can see why your other games had no global either must have been a nightmare and finally YAY GO OCTOBER!

Centennial Club
    Excellent news. I cant wait to see what they come up with these new recruitment tools that they speak of.

Well needed. it was a toxic places which brought out the racist, egotistical aspects of a person. I have recruited my best andmost loyal players from this global on the other hand. I hope the recruitment tool that you've mentioned will serve its purpose.
    Mr T Specials #PLPY0QGU
    Recruiting the following: [TH/Heros] TH12/60+
    Level 18 War Clan - CWL League - Champions III
    Player tag: #R2L9CYP2 - TH12 BK/AQ/GW 65/65/40 [max walls]
    Est. 2014