Page 45 of 133 FirstFirst ... 3543444546475595 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Sunsetting Global Chat Channel in the October Update

Quote Originally Posted by Collingwood View Post
    Please do not delete global chat.
    Global chat allows people to talk to people in different countries around the world and share information for example:
    - different lifestyles
    - different cultures
    - different ideas
    There been number of bad things about global chat but the positives outweigh the netgvives.
    unfortunately it is what it is, blame those that ruined global. Even if they get banned they just create a new account and keep doing what they do. These people are the main reasons why I hardly go on, and when I do it’s just to kill time while stuck in the clouds. Looking at it from SC perspective, the amount of time policing global with numerous reports(must be ridiculously high for them to decide to shut it down)is just a waste of their time.
    SilverRyu

Quote Originally Posted by Collingwood View Post
    Please do not delete global chat.
    Global chat allows people to talk to people in different countries around the world and share information for example:
    - different lifestyles
    - different cultures
    - different ideas
    There been number of bad things about global chat but the positives outweigh the netgvives.
    I'm sorry but I disagree. The negatives outweigh the positives. Even when you mute there will always be more. It was good of supercell to sunset
    -Katana

Credit for sig: DragonX101
    Credit for avatar: DragonX101
    Need a clan? Join Here
    My stats
    Interested in GFX? Go here

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by PaluEF View Post
    That’s called the internet. Not only Global Chat. Lucky SC doesn’t manage more than their own game chats.
    You’d be back at sending snail mail (that’s risky even)...
    Except it's not really the internet is it?

It's a function that was provided in game with the hope that the users could behave and police themselves.

In that regard, it is a complete failure.

I regret that terrible people will be terrible people and ruin things for the majority, but that's what happens when we don't police ourselves. Other entities make the decision for us. Something to seriously consider if you enjoy the free dissemination and distribution of thought.

Banned
    Global was almost entirely broken anyway. I couldn't even attempt to hold an even semi literate conversation without seeing stars. Yet any goof could change the keyboard settings or use a language other than English on English chat or just simply put spaces in between letters and hurl nasty and disgusting insults.

Those of us who attempted to have decent conversations recognize that. The censors were so asinine that you had to almost grunt like an idiot to complete a sentence.

How on earth are you getting a new clan filled when there is no global?
    RazorBlade from the clan De Baar Bazen
    TH12:★★★★★ BBK:65 AQ:65 GW:40 | Clash of Stats: RazorBlade | De Baar Bazen

Absolute trash ... Yes global can be pretty toxic, I am sure we can all agree with that, but most of the time people can navigate it without issue. Citing cost as the reason is pretty much insulting to the most of us. With gold pass and lots of new shop options I fond it hard to believe. Supercell revenue for 2018 was approx 1.4 billion as reported to basically they are selling out to save money which quite frankly is insulting. If people were toxic in global they will now be in clans and reporting such will not drop in numbers overall so really supercell ???? Basically what they are doing is now removing a ton oh players who we ignored in global who now will leave and reducing player numbers even further because thy can't be bothered .... Nice one

Quote Originally Posted by RazorBlade72nd View Post
    How on earth are you getting a new clan filled when there is no global?
    It sounds like we are getting a new way to search for players that are looking for a clan and then invite them.

Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. Click here for answer on how cc troops deploy (hint, it depends) and more info here. How is war map placement of max halls determined you ask, check out threads like this one. Thank you SC for the new legends! I'd start it at 5500 and let farmers play 5000-5500, but overall it is a great improvement.

I sit in global with 2 devices while I build army's and donate. I have spent plenty of cash almost max my main. I'm likely to not continue without global chat. I just have a couple questions that some sort of recruiting tool won't address.

First: I have had brand new players in my global the last couple days. I always welcome them to the game. Almost always they are swamped with join messages but don't understand how to join a clan. Myself and others instruct them to rebuild their castle and what to look for in good clans.

Today I had a clasher ask a question about gold pass. He wanted to know if he would receive all the rewards if he waited to purchase it close to the end of the season. Having done this myself on another account I knew the answer.

Likely these answers and others are in some text or tutorial that those that just want to play won't bother to read. I have asked questions in help and support but that is many more steps than just asking in global.

So my question is, where in this recruiting feature or some other place will there be a way for quick questions to be answered by friendly experienced clashers?

Those of us that are experienced clashers are your best advertising, I'm sad that you will not allow us to help encourage new and existing clashers on some global format.

If global is removed, then please replace it with a chat where you can only spam the word "potato". This would be the greatest feature since air sweepers were released.

Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    It sounds like we are getting a new way to search for players that are looking for a clan and then invite them.
    But we can't chat with them. Otherwise you would have the same problem as in global. That means that people can only be recruited based on statics of your clan. A new clan has no statistics to be proud of so nobody is going to join a new clan.

The whole point is that clans consist of people. People are more then just metadata. People can be funny, smart or just fun to play a game with. That is why somebody in global could recruit people for his clan, even when his clan was new and had no record or high clan level. If the human interaction is gone there is no way a new clan can find players.
    RazorBlade from the clan De Baar Bazen
    TH12:★★★★★ BBK:65 AQ:65 GW:40 | Clash of Stats: RazorBlade | De Baar Bazen